Can USA claim back London, and how long does it take, and is it worth it?

• TripleA

well the edits was to have the same results as before. basically I did redo of every move then edited in the original results to update it to the new triple a map.

sz110, I totally missed round1 no hits. Yeah I could have hit the bb drop the bomber maybe.

• '16 '15 '10

@Veqryn:

And basically, USA has to spending double what Germany is spending to take London.  (cus the USA needs destroyers, carriers, air, and the transports and land units.  While all Germany needs is Subs and some air.)

so…. what gives?

what is the optimal approach to getting london back?

what is the most flexible approach that can still get london back, but can be converted into something else (like convoying Italy, for example) if you need to change plans on the fly?

The approach USA took in the game would have worked if USA had more navy assembled in the Atlantic in the 4th round.

I think the key is to play tight enough that Germany has to sacrifice some of their air to take London.  They shouldn’t be able to take London with a whole lot left over.  And to pressure with Russia with enough force that Germany can’t afford the naval expenditures necessary to hold 110.

If Japan isn’t declaring on J2-J3 USA can put alot of navy into the Atlantic still.  A risky play but potentially fruitful is move the units you bought USA1 in sz10 over to sz89 following the G2 transport buy.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Germany were getting diced hard G1, Sz110 balanced it back to neutral.

Why the allies ONLY scrambled 1 french fighter there is beyond me… And it’s not like the axis hasn’t made their own fair share of mistakes.

there’s no Allied bid

I disagree with the bid comments.  It’s not a mistake, it’s what both parties agree to going in.

The allies biggest mistake was abandoning their pressure on London when they did.

• TripleA

Except doing so meant, I’d give italy egypt, get rolled by japan and be totally out of the game, all for the sake of london.

I mean I bet I could have an easier time taking japan than reclaiming london at that rate lol.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m