If you could choose any TWO new unit sculpts, what would they be?

• Customizer

@dinosaur:

After that, the Russians should get some units to replace the generic Allied units such as the arty piece.  After that, I’d like the same for the UK; replacements for generic Allied pieces.  Only the Germans and Japan have full sets of unique pieces.

Hey dinosaur,
    Thanks to the 1941 game, 1942 2e and 1940 2e games, all nations now have their own specific units for each unit. Russia has it’s own artillery and transport thanks to 1942 2e. The British have their own Mech Inf unit thanks to 1940 2e. The Russians have their own Aircraft Carrier and the British their own transport ship thanks to 1941. Also thanks to 1940 2e, Italy and ANZAC have ALL unique sculpts.
    Sadly the only one left out now is France, which except for their cool Infantry is still using all Soviet sculpts.
    I’m going to have to get busy and update my A&A pieces evolution thread.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

Goodness gracious, they even include the USMC emblem on the individual bases.  I can’t imagine how long it must have taken to paint the figures at that level of detail.

Please note they did not come from HBG that way. Paul had them painted by Allworkandnoclay. Though, I can only hope you already knew that. Your comment was ambiguous enough to warrant clarification.

• @LHoffman:

@CWO:

Goodness gracious, they even include the USMC emblem on the individual bases.  I can’t imagine how long it must have taken to paint the figures at that level of detail.

Please note they did not come from HBG that way. Paul had them painted by Allworkandnoclay. Though, I can only hope you already knew that. Your comment was ambiguous enough to warrant clarification.

Yes, what I was referring to was the amount of work needed to paint the USMC logo from scratch on a blank plastic base.  I own some HBG Marine units and I know that their base has no imprinted Marine emblem on them.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

Yes, what I was referring to was the amount of work needed to paint the USMC logo from scratch on a blank plastic base.  I own some HBG Marine units and I know that their base has no imprinted Marine emblem on them.

I thought as much. My apologies if I insulted your intelligence.

• Customizer

LHoffman,

Thanks for explaining to CWO Marc. I was just trying to point out that the two units he wanted were ALREADY available.

HBG and FMG have really made a LOT of impact on our A&A hobby with one word,…SELECTION!

“Tall Paul”

• “either that or Chinese P-40 and Chinese artillery.”

I’m with Yavid on those two.  Also, I’d like marines, paratroops, and transport planes in all nations’ colors.  Currently, I use a bomber with a blue poker chip under it to represent a transport plane, and a regular infantry with a blue poker chip to represent a paratroop.  I use infantry with green poker chips for marines.

Plastic major and minor factories.

An anchor on a stand for naval bases, and maybe a windsock on a stand for air bases.  I just want something that doesn’t take up a lot of valuable real estate on small crowded territories, and doesn’t get buried under the other units, so you can still see it.

• Customizer

An anchor on a stand you say?

http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/2012/01/painting-accessories.html

Check out the blog entry there are links for getting the anchors and what not from ebay

• Most Holy,

Cool ideas.  Thanks.

• @Tall:

Thanks for explaining to CWO Marc. I was just trying to point out that the two units he wanted were ALREADY available.

I think you’re actually referring to the two units dinosaur said he wanted in this post:

Quote from: dinosaur on September 21, 2012, 12:53:36 pm
    Hands down the first two new units would have to be a US Carrier aircraft (I vote for the Corsair) and a US Marine sculpt. <<

• Customizer

Yep, I guess so. And thanks for your comments on Allworkandnoclay’s paint job. He is an amazing painter,…and LHoffman is excellent, too. I just hope they inspire Dinosaur and maybe others to buy and/or paint some units themselves. HBG and FMG make our gaming experience so much better with the units they’ve produced. Thank You very much Doug and Jeremy.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Hmmm,

NEW sculps, huh. Well, without a doubt I want:

1.) An AIRBASE that’s 3-D but doesn’t have too big a “footprint”.
    2.) A NAVAL BASE "      "    "      "        "    "    "  "        "      .

I think almost ALL of us have been dreaming of these for years! The new “markers” aren’t
    3-D. I want a 3-D unit like the Factories(I.C.) in the old original A&A games. The Risk game has some that work great for Minor I.C.'s.

Please Santa(HBG), I’ve been a good soldier(grin).

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m