Can you help me out with scale issues?

• OK, so I started buying up a bunch of AAM to possibly use as “Task Force Markers” on a big-board AA variant and as an educational reference point for my students (to teach them about different ships, tanks, planes, etc.) and who knows, maybe I’ll even try AAM gaming too…

…and when they arrive, to my horror, I find that my Comet is tiny compared to my Cromwell, my Sherman firefly is way smaller than my regular Sherman, my Pershing seems awfully small, too, and my IS-2 and Centurion dwarf everything else by way too much a margin to reflect reality… OK, so clearly they haven’t kept consistent scale here.  I know this is probably a newbie question, but is there some way that I can cross check different units and their actual scales so that I can know before I buy them which units look like they belong on the same gaming table together?

• @DrLarsen:

OK, so I started buying up a bunch of AAM to possibly use as “Task Force Markers” on a big-board AA variant and as an educational reference point for my students (to teach them about different ships, tanks, planes, etc.) and who knows, maybe I’ll even try AAM gaming too…

…and when they arrive, to my horror, I find that my Comet is tiny compared to my Cromwell, my Sherman firefly is way smaller than my regular Sherman, my Pershing seems awfully small, too, and my IS-2 and Centurion dwarf everything else by way too much a margin to reflect reality… OK, so clearly they haven’t kept consistent scale here.  I know this is probably a newbie question, but is there some way that I can cross check different units and their actual scales so that I can know before I buy them which units look like they belong on the same gaming table together?

first 5 sets I believe had a loose scale vehicle wise they are referred to V1 and are around the 10mm mark

The next 5 sets or so are referred to as V2 and had a consistant scale around the 15mm mark.

The sets you would want with the bigger scale consistant vehicles are 1939-1945, north africa, eastern front, early war, counter offensive.

• Ah, thanks for the tip!  I had them all lined up in rows on my dresser and the scale differences were making it a very confused picture… then I reorganized them into two groups based on whether they were V1 or V2 models… and it was like a lense coming into focus all of a sudden!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Do you just play W@S Azrael?

• @hkytown1:

Do you just play W@S Azrael?

Mainly WAS but I have played a game or two of the landgame and angels 20 and do own pretty decent collections for each and have played the board game and recently bought the 2nd edition of europe 1940.  There is other non axis and allies games that I have played or play as well probably too numerous to list but a few such as hammer of the scots, war of 1812, the new star wars x-wing game, heroclix etc.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Cool,  I’m keep telling myself I’m not gonna collect those little suckers but WAS was so much fun to collect and now I’m almost done getting all 6 sets,  I’m afraid I’m going to miss the juice of opening boosters.

• yeah they are all good games and fun to collect the only thing I find is its hard to play all of them or find people to play against for all of them, my area is WAS territory so thats the game people have and/or want to play out of the axis and allies line.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m