Field Marshal Games Germany pieces

• Has anybody received the German set from FMG? I pre-ordered a set of these and the Italians almost seven months ago. Received the Italians over five months ago but have not received the German set yet. I sent a couple of emails over the last few months, the last of which has not been answered.

Just curious if anybody has them or if there has been a production mishap or they were cancelled etc.

• I preordered them like about 2 years ago. The problem is not their fault, China is the issue and the typical back and forth of sending the proofs and numerous corrections.

Don’t worry at all about these guys, they will do as they promise.

• Okay. The only reason I ask is their last email I received about three months ago said they were due in any time.

I’ve only done business with them this one time so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the reassurance.

• Try a PM to them. I bought all the dice and many Italian sets. No issues. If they don’t have it they can’t ship it.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Does anyone know if the “Historical Boardgame Battle Pieces” are in any way related to the “FMG Combat Units” series?

Meaning… my assumptions were that the FMG Combat Unit line was a newly developed line intended specifically for Axis and Allies.

While the HBG Battle Pieces are (older?) manufactured for either A&A, Memoir '44 and are not made by FMG.

I am not sure if anyone has HBG pieces and knows of scale/quality issues? I will be purchasing the FMG Units at some point, I am just trying to get a bearing on what line of pieces is related to what.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@LHoffman:

Does anyone know if the “Historical Boardgame Battle Pieces” are in any way related to the “FMG Combat Units” series?

Meaning… my assumptions were that the FMG Combat Unit line was a newly developed line intended specifically for Axis and Allies.

While the HBG Battle Pieces are (older?) manufactured for either A&A, Memoir '44 and are not made by FMG.

I am not sure if anyone has HBG pieces and knows of scale/quality issues? I will be purchasing the FMG Units at some point, I am just trying to get a bearing on what line of pieces is related to what.

They are entirely seperate entities.

All HBG moulds he does himself.  FMG goes through China. Â

The quality is INCREDIBLE, and IMPECCABLE at HBG.  The photos on his site DO NOT do them justice.

You will not regret a single nickel spent with either.

Well, I could tell that FMG was very good quality… but nobody has talked about HBG so i did not know.

Thanks Garg.

I was actually shocked at how impressive the HBG units are.  I ordered a few different packs, just looking to grab some alternate colours, then they showed up… and I regretted not buying more.

The only edge FMG units have over the HBG ones, is that the tank turrets rotate.  But then again, FMG only has Italian pieces…

All good information. Thanks fellas.

• FMG does have nicer naval and air units.

HBG has pretty much equal armor and infantry and seems to get things done quicker.

Or DONE AT ALL…

@Gargantua:

Or DONE AT ALL…

Hahaha… ouch.

• @LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Or DONE AT ALL…

Hahaha… ouch.

Well when the German set is said to be “released soon” for over a year, you don’t update your site, and you don’t respond to questions. Then “done at all” does seem to fit.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m