• TripleA

@Cmdr:

Sharpeeing a map is sacriledge!  Why not melt your figures down and remold them into different pieces while yer at it?  Eh?  Burn some books too!   :roll: :cry:

I have to admit. I do agree. Especially with the Anniversary Edition…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Yea it was a tough call but once I did it, it really made the map pop, looks more like a map now.

• @Cmdr:

Sharpeeing a map is sacriledge!  Why not melt your figures down and remold them into different pieces while yer at it?  Eh?  Burn some books too!   :roll: :cry:

What are we, Germans?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Mallery29:

@Cmdr:

Sharpeeing a map is sacriledge!�  Why not melt your figures down and remold them into different pieces while yer at it?�  Eh?�  Burn some books too!�  � :roll: :cry:

What are we, Germans?

I see no difference between the German book burnings and sharpeeing the Axis and Allies Maps. :P

• Customizer

Hoorah. Karma comes back to you as you said.
    As to melting those horrendous figures, I’m all for it. In fact I’m replacing my A&A infantry with 15mm scale PSC figures
    as soon as they make British,Americans and Japanese.  :-D

I guess I could use the sharpie and give myself the 'stache.

• back on topic… No you didn’t do the right thing. The right thing would have been: Buying all of the '42 2nd games they had and giving them to me no change. But I think I understand why that didn’t occur to you, given that you don’t have my address to mail them to I guess you did the 2nd best thing.

Haha yea.  They only had one copy of each.

• I Sharpied my 1942.1 years ago through Europe. I just went through and did the same thing to my 1942.2. However, I was a little more extensive this time.

I got all of Europe, except the Spain-Gibraltar border, and I sharpied in the borders between the following SZ: 5-6, 6-7, 6-8, 7-8, 13-14. On 6-8 I crudely blued in the existing border and sharpied it in further over to make it obvious that Northwest Europe connects to SZ 8.

I figure that I’ve ruined any collector/resale value for the board, but since I plan to wear it out, I don’t really care about that.

Nice, It could have been the lighting, the pieces, or the alcohol, but everytime we played that new map style (AA50 to present) the boarders were just to hard to distinguish.  I really didn’t want to do it at first so I guinea pigged the first 42 game and I was pretty impressed.  We have never had any issues with the original Europe or Pacific boards, or Revised.

The only parts of the map I trace are Germany and Russia, everything else is clearly defined.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m