First game since 2003 classic is going down today.

• I missed the boat on AA50 and passed on 41 & 42. I got 42 2nd yesterday and am super stoked. Headed to my buddy’s to grind it out. First played A&A in 1987. Glad to be back in the saddle.

• Just 2 players? Enjoy it and tell us how it goes down and what you think of it.

• @wittman:

Just 2 players? Enjoy it and tell us how it goes down and what you think of it.

3 actually but my son will be following orders lol. It’s pretty hard to get a full game around here but we both have played for awhile so it should be a good game.

• Amazingly i won with the Allies once although i lost with them the 1st game. I ended up crushing a 4 carrier Jap fleet and had a IC on the Phillipines with a freaking armada. KJF!!!

• I will be playing my first game of the 2nd edition and I will be the Axis. Do you have any good advice as the Axis with this new game?
    My thought is that Egypt is a must on the first round and I need to go hard after Russia right away with Germany.

• sink the brits w/ Luftwaffe and subs, get ur inf to west russia then send the tanks.

• Did Germany buy any ships in your game? I feel that Germany needs to go hard and fast after Russia.

• @Petebu:

Did Germany buy any ships in your game? I feel that Germany needs to go hard and fast after Russia.

no, i sunk everything and UK bought ftrs and India units when i peter rolled them. russia has got to go. also, west russia is a strategic conduit from stalingrad to leningrad. get inf there. if russia attacks, kill their ftrs and tanks at all costs! they’ll NEVER be able to replace them.When i was Allies (we played 3 8-10 hour games this weekend) i bought 1ftr and infantry on R1 and infantry from then on and those 3 ftrs were a serious thorn to germany. it alowed me to keep stalingrad and just back-and-forth in west russia and leningrad. stalingrad is a 4 AND directly connected to russia. from leningrad to stalingrad or russia is 2 moves so the stacks need to be in west russia and stalingrad. i kept 3 ftrs and both AAAs in stalingrad and when it finally dropped it spelled the end for germany NOT russia. i killed 2 ftrs w/ AAA and lost like 14 inf 3ftrs and 2 AAAs. germany lost 8 inf 4 tanks and ALL 5 ftrs AND a bomber. he then get a row of inf from west russia shoved down his throat.

• Did the Allies win all of your games? It looks like the axis has the advantage from what I can see.

• i was 1-1 with Allies, 1-0 with axis. we will probably bid for axis next time but no way it’ll get above 10 i’d guess. axis are very stout but can be beaten.

• So at this time who do think has the advantage? I have not played yet and it looks like the Axis has an advantage. Can you also give me some good advice as I will be playing the Axis? Thanks.

• @Petebu:

So at this time who do think has the advantage? I have not played yet and it looks like the Axis has an advantage. Can you also give me some good advice as I will be playing the Axis? Thanks.

i would agree axis are a bit strong but not ridiculously so.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m