• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I am thinking of making France part of England - just up and giving them all the territories and converting the units to British. (Except the fleet ships…if you make those British, the balance of power shifts.)

Why?

(1) No one freaking liberates France! Why would they? You lose your complexes. But if France is just a VC of England’s (perhaps an NO for Germany, which I’ll touch on later) then you would.

(2) France in the rotation just totally screws things up. We’re already moving Italy to after ANZAC/France just so stuff can get done. But you do sometimes run into a problem with the French where - technically - they can move into/out of danger if they go before Italy. This solves that problem.

(3) Altering the NOs in the Atlantic: UK-Atlantic gets the Submarine NO back, Germany gets an NO for France. No NO for Moscow - Moscow is a capitol, your rewards is a VC and the treasury!

(4) Japanese NO - FIC “free” (leave it French) means they get 5 IPC a round - PERIOD, regardless of they are at war with the western powers. Intensifies the focus down south.

Note: England would get use of the territories, but not the IPC from them - unless they liberate the territories. That negates financial impact (since France never collects income!)
    Note: French pieces would start on the map, but once destroyed, they would be gone forever.  England would use them, but they would not move until Round 2.  That way, the Axis isn’t impacted by their existance as they are not impacted now.

• @Cmdr:

I am thinking of making France part of England

A quote from Henry V, n’est-ce pas?

• lol after years of people asking for france, WotC listen finally, and now we talk about how to get rid of them? freaking priceless. C. Jen you just made my day thats funny as hell.

@Yavid:

lol after years of people asking for france, WotC listen finally, and now we talk about how to get rid of them? freaking priceless. C. Jen you just made my day thats funny as hell.

I never asked for France (or Italy for that matter.)

I have seen France done kinda well in Gamer’s Paradise versions of classic, but France here seems to be the retarded cousin of a retarded cousin that comes from a long line of retarded cousins.  It makes absolutely no sense at all - and as I am pointing out - may even be better if we just get rid of it and let England treat it like America does China.

• @Cmdr:

@Yavid:

lol after years of people asking for france, WotC listen finally, and now we talk about how to get rid of them? freaking priceless. C. Jen you just made my day thats funny as hell.

I never asked for France (or Italy for that matter.)Â

I have seen France done kinda well in Gamer’s Paradise versions of classic, but France here seems to be the retarded cousin of a retarded cousin that comes from a long line of retarded cousins.  It makes absolutely no sense at all - and as I am pointing out - may even be better if we just get rid of it and let England treat it like America does China.

There’s an idea. When Paris falls, and it will, Germany gets all of Frances money. But Vi Va La Resistance France cont. fighting and collecting income. Just try using the rules for China as far as mobilizing new units for France. Only Inf placed in any French territory.

• Customizer

Interesting concept, but I see a couple of flaws:
    1 - If Paris is now considered a British Vicotry City rather than the French Capital, if Germany takes Paris then they wouldn’t get the 19 IPCs for plundering the French Treasury, right? Rather, they would get the IPC count for the territory plus a $5 NO for capturing/holding Paris. Granted, if they continue to hold Paris for 4 rounds, then that would make up for not getting the 19 IPCs from the treasury. However, in most games, Germany really counts on that extra boost of cash to plan with on their second round. I think that would be a real detriment to Germany.

2 - Say you have a game where Paris DOESN’T fall round 1. I have seen this happen in a handful of games. Does France get to spend it’s starting IPCs and purchase units? Or can Britian purchase and place units in France’s IC? Does France continue to collect income from any uncaptured territories?

Maybe I’m missing something, but it just seems like this would be more confusing to me.

I did not take the income and potential income into account, you are right.  (Potential income being that since you have 19 IPC worth of units on round 2 from the treasury plunder, then you could have rounds 3 and 4 to get into position to attack Russia, in theory.)

What if we amend it to Germany gets +19 IPC at the end of round 1?  We have lots of special little rules like that in this version.  For instance, American Complexes are automatically upgraded at the end of round 3, but never again for the rest of the game nor before that (unless they are attacked earlier.)

The resistance idea is neat, but maybe they should be allowed to automatically annex any neutral (so they have cash to buy units like the Chinese have.)  It’d take FOREVER for them to get to Angola or Sudan (if they can get that far) so it wouldnt be overly powerful, but something at least.  And only if Paris is occupied (conquered.)

• You kind of missed what I was saying about the resistance. France never stops collecting income. Just like China. When Paris falls to Germany: Germany recieves all of France’s income. So on F1 there are no unit purchases because they had to give all there money to Germany. It wouldn’t be unit the end of F2 that France gets new units placed on the board. New French units are placed at there IC if they control one. If France doesn’t have a IC they control then they get to place there units using the same rules as China. This encourages Germany to take All of France

Yea, I got that.  Maybe I sounded confused, it was before coffee.

Maybe allow France to build artillery (if they have the cash) if and only if S. France is ally controlled?  Would be easier to stop France from getting Artillery than China that way.

Given land values for France, maybe the United States can send France 5 IPC a round - at their discresion - instead of spending it themselves?

• France would be able to build art. if they controled southern france because of the IC there. Give me some more time and I’ll share my Vichy France house rule with you. I want to play test it alittle more first.

I was going to limit them, but yea, go ahead and let me know.

• i really like this idea, it would make the french more playable and give Britain a better chance in Africa

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m