• TripleA

Wait why does usa have to do pacific again? Of course Japan does pearl. That doesn’t mean you have to counter, it is just boats in oceans.

I never dealt with it before in any other version of 1942, I think I did KJF a few times, and it was viable, but never really a dominant strategy.

Don’t sweat pacific. Besides you shouldn’t play the low VC count anyway - as winning without a capital is stupid, no one will agree that is a victory.
    ~
    just trust me, R1 kill ukraine and west russia. land 1 fighter egypt. UK1 buy your dang naval. Do what you want for fun with india/aussie fleet, USA1 reinforce uk naval, if pearl is loaded, ignore it (it will take ages to cross the med from hawaii or to wrap around south america). It is not something you have to deal with, it is bait, ignore it.

build atlantic ships.

This game favors allies slightly, but because of the starting setup, I wouldn’t do a bid.

Just powerslam germany, Japan races for russia. Just play a normal game first then make your critiques.
    ~
    Also the book is filled with misprints. The book don’t say you got to use their VC count, which was obviously a misprint as well.

• @Mallery29:

The UK should support the planes…that’s why I insist on the UK3 buy, and not the UK1 buy that axisbrutality desires…I see his point IF the Canadian transport lives…it would be pretty tough, but you could possibly take German planes with you and for sure eliminate the German sub fleet…so that move isn’t a bad buy by axisbrut, I may not do it,

Hi again,

Yes, that’s the point of my strategy, I would do this if the Canada DD and Trans survives, which it seems like here, they do.

It’s simple logic. Those who buy 2 UK FTR on UK1 will lose because that player will fight on Germany’s terms.
    If a player buys a UK Fleet, as I do, then the fight will be on UK terms, simple as that. And if Germany does NOT attack, well then, voila, UK has a fleet when they start UK2. And if Germany does attack on G2 turn, both fighters AND carriers are better at defence, instead of bying just 2 UK FTR and using them at German fleet, where UK FTR are WORSE at attacking than defending.

Other things worth mentioning is that those 2 German subs attacking U.S DD + 2 Transport can NOT get to the London SZ7, it’s 3 spaces to there. So Germany would not have more that 1 sub there to attack UK fleet with, because Germany will lose at least one sub in the beginning attacking UK Battleship + Russian sub.

This is the point of the mind game, making the opponent go into traps and/or play on your terms.

Same goes for the trap I layed in Syria, where some UK players wanted to attack my German Battleship on Syria, which meant that Japan fleet could survive, and slaughter everything in East-Asia. I don’t say UK should attack the Japanese fleet, but I am saying that forcing UK to attack my German Battleship was fun, taking away UK’s ability to attack Japanese Fleet and the situation was that UK would lose planes big time on both UK1 and UK2.

So a good rule here, when UK, no matter what Germany does, build Fleet Power all the way! That’s what UK is, a fleet powered nation, not a nation to sit on an island with a few small fighters which are worse at attacking than defending, and being cut off from the rest of the Europe and the World.

Japan should always build a factory right away, although I can agree that you don’t want U.S. to build factory on Alaska, but that depends on the situation, U.S. could wait with that one a little later though.

And when it comes to Russia, one of the reasons as I can see, is that Russia’s offencive capabilities, as I said, collapse if people attack Ukraine, so do NOT attack Ukraine, it’s a trap. That German fighter there does NOT have anything more to say regarding Egypt, so the advantage of attacking Ukraine is totally lost compared to 2009-version. � We all agree that West Russia should be taken care off + I would go for Belarus, and not Ukraine.

As I said earlier, Russian should never engage in a battle where they start losing artilleries right in the beginning on G1 turn, and losing tanks, which are now in this version, even MORE expencive. Russia losing 33% of it’s artilleries and 50% of it’s tanks after G1 clears and takes back Ukraine is not good for Russia’s offencive capabilities. Tanks are as good in defense as in attack so do NOT lose them, and same for the artilleries, they boost INF, so don’t lose artilleries either. Also artilleries are as good in defence as in attack, so there is no advantage what so ever for Russia to go into Ukraine.

• TripleA

no you should attack with russia. The rest of the allies are going full atlantic, russia is supposed to soften it up, plus saving egypt is good.

Egypt is such a huge distraction for the allies, it is okay to give it to japan, but you can’t give germany extra income and expect to powerslam berlin.

A real VC win for axis is everything but west usa, east usa, and london. Allies would need everything but japan india and that other asian spot. Because at those stages it is undisputed who won. I might go for one less, simply because the round russia falls is the round allies have to take berlin typically.
    ~

Anyway it is simple, buy your fleet for uk1, russia all in west russia with all available units, send a kill ukraine force, tanks are nice looking, but honestly overrated, inf/arty is all you need because of the cost and if you can’t buy all tanks like in the old one, because of the cost, you may as well go inf/arty, as your starting armor isn’t going to blitz to berlin after uk/usa air clears a path and you don’t want to buy more. ever.

armor cost 6, few spaces between berlin / russia = armor not bought. Only japan wants armor in this game to take russia.

• I wouldn’t say Japan building a factory was necessary in 42.1…with no complex in India, it wasn’t a priority…3trans/3inf for me…but in this situation where you NEED a strong foothold in Asia (and you do get to keep the transports this time, where you could lose one on 42.1)…here, I would say it’s worthy to look at, but what would you buy with the rest?  Depending on the E. Indies battle, you could have some flex here…so probably don’t need to set things in stone.

I agree a Navy for UK is pri #1 in Atlantic…just when you do it is dependent on the G1 attack/NCM/buy (staging subs/planes in position to hit UK fleet on G2).  Just be wary of the G1 buys…if you anticipates your UK1 buy and counters with a G1 buy of say Bomber and sub(s) that could affect how quick you could do it…but this does help the Russians with those buys…I guess its how well you NCM your German land troops.

• NO VC……fight to the last man!

• TripleA

you could block germany with a destroyer purchase if it helps more than a carrier buy.

too many misprints in the rules, hard to say what the real VC count is. I don’t trust the developers with their printed rules, going to make my own VC count rule.

• @Mallery29:

NO VC……fight to the last man!

That a boy!!!

• TripleA

I still can’t believed they pulled an aa50 1942 on us. 2 subs in range of 1 destroyer 2 transport and 1 destroyer 1 transport. Some games you will have transports, some games you wont, some games you have 1, some games you have 2.

So what, I just concede and pull out another game if I lose all 3? WELCOME TO 1942 LOL.

UGH, so ridonkulous. Subs should have been printed out of range from usa’s boats in my opinion. Why pull a aa50 1942 on us? 1941 is the most played for a reason.

• @Cow:

I still can’t believed they pulled an aa50 1942 on us. 2 subs in range of 1 destroyer 2 transport and 1 destroyer 1 transport. Some games you will have transports, some games you wont, some games you have 1, some games you have 2.

So what, I just concede and pull out another game if I lose all 3? WELCOME TO 1942 LOL.

UGH, so ridonkulous. Subs should have been printed out of range from usa’s boats in my opinion. Why pull a aa50 1942 on us? 1941 is the most played for a reason.

I don’t think I would ever concede off the loss of the transports…while it does suck balls, I think there are worse situations to be in than losing the transports…I agree with you though about full Atlantic…in 42.1 I 99% went KGF…only if I felt froggy would I ever go KJF (although I may through a SS down in the Pac occassionaly to bolster the fleet).  I didn’t think about the Russian FTR to Egypt…is it just a NCM or can you combat first with it (I don’t have the map in front of me, too lazy to open it right now)…if I was Germany, I would surely G2 Egypt, so what would you do with Egypt pieces (I assume pull out on UK1)?

• @Cow:

just trust me, R1 kill ukraine and west russia. land 1 fighter egypt.

So you are not attacking anything with one of your Russian fighters on R1?  Because the only way I can see that a starting fighter can get to Egypt is Russia->Caucasus->Persia->Trans Jordan->Egypt
    And that fighter probably isn’t attacking anything on R2 either, unless Germany takes Caucasus on G1 or you attack the German med BB (depending on where the BB is on R2).

So you are attacking Ukraine on R1 with only one fighter?  Seems risky.

If you want to use Russian fighters to help out in defense of an ally wouldn’t it be better to land one in China, along with the Kaz. Inf, to protect the Flying Tigers?  The fighter that starts in Moscow can attack West Russia and land in China on R1, and be in position to attack Caucasus or Ukraine/West Russia on  R2, depending on what happened on G1.

• @AxisBrutality:

Yes, that’s the point of my strategy, I would do this if the Canada DD and Trans survives, which it seems like here, they do.

…although I can agree that you don’t want U.S. to build factory on Alaska, but that depends on the situation, U.S. could wait with that one a little later though.

there are enough ICs on the board for US…the Europe bridge should be sufficient…the only point of troops in the Pac are to take islands, not to “save” Russia…you need to hit Japan economically, and that’s why a 3rd IC for US is just not worth the money ever.

• @Cow:

no you should attack with russia. The rest of the allies are going full atlantic, russia is supposed to soften it up, plus saving egypt is good.

Egypt is such a huge distraction for the allies

As I said earlier, there is no point in attacking Ukraine, since you want to do this, you need to explain why? I explained why it is NOT a good idea.

Second of all, I never said I’ll take Egypt, I’ll massacre that 1 UK INF on Syria with 2 German units which are 1 INF + 1 ART. German Battleship takes care of the UK DD there.

As we know, that German fighter from Ukraine can not attack Egypt anyway. Now, some seem worried about Germany being able to take Caucasus, LOL, that’s the point of my traps I lay all the time. Let Germany think it’s a good idea to try to take Caucasus on G1 turn with what 3 or 5 INF + 3 Armor? In stead of Russia losing Armor and Artilleries in Ukraine, let the Germany lose their Armor in Caucasus if they are so stupid.
    And you should NOT worry about any German “stack” on Ukraine, if Russia keeps it all 4 Armor, 3 artilleries + let’s say buys 6 INF + 1 Armor. No German player would be so stupid so stack anything on Ukraine, and much less being a retard to try to take Caucasus with 3-5 Inf + 3 armor, splitting up it’s forces and they die like a dog when R2 turn starts, that’s not gonna be pretty for German troops there.

• @Mallery29:

NO VC……fight to the last man!

Agree! Total Annihilation :)

• @Cow:

you could block germany with a destroyer purchase if it helps more than a carrier buy.

Yes, but that is a DD or 8 IPC out of the window. It’s smarter to defend your UK fleet with all the fighters, DD + 2 Carriers and let the Germany come if they dare, instead of being stupid to go after German fleet. Let the Germany use their fighters which are worse at attacking while UK is better at defending with both carriers and fighters. So if Germany does attack that UK fleet I told earlier about, Germany will suffer heavy losses, and if they don’t take out that fleet, then the UK has a fleet ready already by UK2 turn.

• Only problem Axis, is the following and correct me if I’m wrong on what I think you will have there by end of US1, because that changes the math obviously.
    2 UK CV, 2 UK FTR, 1 UK DD, 1 US FTR
    If the Germans have 3FTR, 2Bomb, 2SS (a typical buy for me would be 5inf/2art/tank/bomber although I could go 3inf/2art/tank/bomber/SS.
    So on G2 I can attack with possibly 2SS, 3FTR, 2 Bombers…Germany wins at 83% losing the SS and possibly a FTR (while it hurts Germany, the money lost by UK significantly weakens India tenfold). I can repeat the SS buys on G2 to protect my losses (shouldn’t need another Bomber, but if I want to nuke UK knowing you have no fighters, this may be a legit buy).  This is the problem of buying navy UK1…that’s why I say either wait for UK3/US3 maneuver  or just save money and dump it on UK2…you have to watch those German buys (As Germany, I’ll be whacking the Brits with my subs though)…let the Gringos live for now…I have Russians to kill.

• Never mind, the Baltic subs can reach…I’ll only send one SS against the BB (let the planes do the rest), and hit the Americans with the other two subs…then if I go bomber/SS on G1 buy, then I get my two SS plus…do you plan on hitting the German CA with your planes? What if you get hit? Do you lose the bomber or the fighter?  Then you really are screwed, because either you lose the bomber, or you go to 2FTR (1UK/1US) and Germany increases its win % to 97…I recommend not buying navy UK1 (unless you are building for India only to stand united with your American brothers) unless you are going to play me, then buy the Navy all you want on UK1

• TripleA

So you are attacking Ukraine on R1 with only one fighter?  Seems risky.

Russia has tanks and arty and inf in caucasus. You don’t have the balls to attack? Seriously? you can all in west russia as well. No balls for that either?

Man how do you not lose every game? You are so predictable. the fighter for egypt makes it hold as he can only get 4 guys and a bomber on it. vs 3 guys and 2 fighters.

That is a bomber not sinking a battleship.

The aggressive player gets all the advantages, because he forces you to make choices instead of being able to do a little bit of everything.

G1 starts with many battles, I just prefer to add more so he can’t do them all. That is standard 1942 play.

With russia slamming in, how can he possibly keep the united kingdom at bay?

IT IS CALLED WRESTLING THE ALIGATOR, WHICH IS WHAT WW2 EUROPE WAS ALL ABOUT THE RUSSIANS COME IN ALL CRAZYLIKE TRYING TO GRAB THE MOUTH WHILE UK KEEPS THE TAIL FROM SLAPPING EVERYONE SILLY AND AMERICA PUNCHES THE BEAST IN THE GUT TO KEEP IT FROM SWALLOWING SOMEONE WHOLE. PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT HAS BEEN TRADITIONALLY PLAYED FOR 8 YEARS BEFORE GIVING AN ANALYSIS. THIS MEANS NORWAY/WESTEUROPE/NORTH IS ALL UK, EAST IS ALL RUSSIA, SOUTH IS ALL USA SOMETIMES UK AND USA MERGES TOGETHER ON THE WEST. PLAY THE GAME.

• @Cow:

So you are attacking Ukraine on R1 with only one fighter?  Seems risky.

Russia has tanks and arty and inf in caucasus. You don’t have the balls to attack? Seriously? you can all in west russia as well. No balls for that either?

Russia has tanks and arty and you should keep them. All agree that West Russia should be taken care off? Why is that? Because Russian only loses 2 or 3 INF + BONUS BINGO, Germany can not take it back!

Now Ukraine is a completely different issue, Russian arts and tanks being wiped out on G1 turn, that’s very bad for Russian offencive capabilities as I mentioned.

Russia should rather take Belarus, again, a place were Russia only risks of losing men and reduces German number of men easier with less costly counter attack by Germany afterwards.

• TripleA

Now Ukraine is a completely different issue, Russian arts and tanks being wiped out on G1 turn, that’s very bad for Russian offencive capabilities as I mentioned.

It is a trade, if you want the game to progress you have to make an exchange, it diverts fighters and men there, so you can counter attack. Tanks are crappy units. 4 infantry attack better than 2 tanks, why? cannon fodder factor. You may as well use tanks for what they are designed to do, hit something then roll some 3s on defense. They are horrible units that you don’t want to buy now they cost 6.

Germany needs his air more than you need your silly precious little tanks that sit around and do nothing, because you are too much of a coward to use them. At least germany can use his air to hit infantry, boats, and defend spots, your tanks do 1 thing and that is sit. Just blow ukraine away or be called a girly man all game and when you lose you go home without your dignity or you can put up a fight and win some games for once.

I suppose I should stop trying to take a horse to water, because I can’t make him drink.

Don’t be aggressive, keep complaining and losing. Enjoy your game.
    ~
    In the old 1942, ukraine and west russia was all day, every game. You say it is different now, but in reality nothing has really changed.

• @Mallery29:

Only problem Axis, is the following and correct me if I’m wrong on what I think you will have there by end of US1, because that changes the math obviously.
    2 UK CV, 2 UK FTR, 1 UK DD, 1 US FTR
    If the Germans have 3FTR, 2Bomb, 2SS (a typical buy for me would be 5inf/2art/tank/bomber although I could go 3inf/2art/tank/bomber/SS.
    So on G2 I can attack with possibly 2SS, 3FTR, 2 Bombers…Germany wins at 83% losing the SS and possibly a FTR (while it hurts Germany, the money lost by UK significantly weakens India tenfold). I can repeat the SS buys on G2 to protect my losses (shouldn’t need another Bomber, but if I want to nuke UK knowing you have no fighters, this may be a legit buy).  This is the problem of buying navy UK1…that’s why I say either wait for UK3/US3 maneuver  or just save money and dump it on UK2…you have to watch those German buys (As Germany, I’ll be whacking the Brits with my subs though)…let the Gringos live for now…I have Russians to kill.

Yes, UK could wait for UK2 turn, and then buy all out naval units, no problem there, although I prefer on putting pressure on Germany right away. I am not sure how German 2 Subs + 3 FTR + 2 Bombers can take out 2 UK Carriers, 3 FTR OR 4 FTR if I fly one of the Russian FTR over there + UK DD, that’s a pretty strong naval fleet UK has there which interrupts any plans for Germany on thinking they can “take it easy”.

I am trying to figure out what would be a good US1 buy, it needs to be something that can get there on US2 turn to support UK2 turn buy if we decide to save cash on UK1 turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m