Lost here… where do you play A&A

• Hi Guys,
    I love Axis and Allies. But Im lost… all I see is this forum. Where do I play this game???

IF you want to play online, go to the Play by Forum boards, just above these “other forums.” You will find players who want to play… You will probably need to download triplea, but ask whomever is willing to play with you, they will let you know what “play-by-email (PBEM)” system they prefer…

GG

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Start here…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

Basically you download a program, run it, and it works in conjunction with your forum account, posting your moves etc.

then you’re playing. :P

You can also play live online.

• Customizer

Or you could follow the ancient axiom of “If you build it they will come” Build yourself a kick ass war bunker and insane players will flock to your presence. In my experience A&A players are similar to Meth addicts and can’t stay away. If you’re near Naiagara Falls we’re playing on 5th Avenue this Sunday. BYOB.

• '10

@Most:

Or you could follow the ancient axiom of “If you build it they will come” Build yourself a kick ass war bunker and insane players will flock to your presence. In my experience A&A players are similar to Meth addicts and can’t stay away. If you’re near Naiagara Falls we’re playing on 5th Avenue this Sunday. BYOB.

Use the forum here to find players in your area!  Where are you located?

• @Most:

I found that having my enemies drink is a key to success…and letting my allies do so the quickest way to defeat… :-)

• @Mallery29:

I found that having my enemies drink is a key to success…and letting my allies do so the quickest way to defeat…

There are chess sets in which the pieces are made of glass and have a hollow space inside proportionate to the value of the piece.  You fill them all with alcohol at the start of the game, and a player who captures a piece must immediately drink its contents – thus making the game either a contest between the best players or the best drinkers.  I’m sure a way could be found to adapt this concept to an A&A game.

• Customizer

Thus, we all drink to even the playing field.

• @Most:

Thus, we all drink to even the playing field.

I’ll just get virgin pina colodas….have to have the advantage somehow…

• Customizer

@CWO:

@Mallery29:

I found that having my enemies drink is a key to success…and letting my allies do so the quickest way to defeat…

There are chess sets in which the pieces are made of glass and have a hollow space inside proportionate to the value of the piece.  You fill them all with alcohol at the start of the game, and a player who captures a piece must immediately drink its contents – thus making the game either a contest between the best players or the best drinkers.  I’m sure a way could be found to adapt this concept to an A&A game.

For every territory conquered by your enemy you take a sip of beer per IPC of its value. If a Victory City is taken you take a shot of whiskey. (or Vodka or whatever liquor is on the table) capitols you take a shot and shotgun a can of beer.

• '10

I like to drink the spirits of the Nation I am playing….  One night I played Japan and drank an entire bottle of Saki.

As you can imagine, it did not end well for the Axis or my head in the morning!

I always seem to do much better as the UK with a bottle of Johnny Walker however  :-D

• Customizer

We do that on remembrance day. We didn’t have he stones to drink sake though. We went with Sapporo for Japan.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I like to drink the spirits of the Nation I am playing….  One night I played Japan and drank an entire bottle of Saki.

As you can imagine, it did not end well for the Axis or my head in the morning!

I always seem to do much better as the UK with a bottle of Johnny Walker however  :-D

What are the drinks for each country?
    Are there more than one?

Do you have to drink the beverages of the WWII era?

• Customizer

We get beers for each of us from each of the countries. Bud for USA. Or Sam Addams. Sapporo for Japan, Baltica 3 or Ochokova for Russia, Guinness or London Porter for UK, DAB for Germany, Fosters for ANZAC, or VB. konnigsberg, I think, for France. And I don’t remember what we did for Italy but I think we found a beer from there.

• If you only drink when you are winning, I think I would have to cheat, so I got a drink. Or hide a bottle behind the cistern in the loo (a le Godfather) and pretend I had a weak bladder!
    Perhaps it was Peroni from Italy.

• @Most:

We get beers for each of us from each of the countries. Bud for USA. Or Sam Addams. Sapporo for Japan, Baltica 3 or Ochokova for Russia, Guinness or London Porter for UK, DAB for Germany, Fosters for ANZAC, or VB. konnigsberg, I think, for France. And I don’t remember what we did for Italy but I think we found a beer from there.

The beer for Italy would be Moretti – even though that particular brand is now owned by Heineken.

For the secondary powers, Canada might get Molson or Labatt or Moosehead.  For the hard stuff, Canadian Club whisky should be suitably iconic.

• I suggested Peroni as I think it is nicer than Moretti. From experience I have not met an Italian who will drink either though! (My cousins won’t.)

• Customizer

Neither of those names ring a bell perhaps we had none for Italy. I’ll try harder to find one next year. It doesn’t matter if it’s good or not, we open the game with Germany’s beer then drink our own stuff, then at the beginning of each round we hit the next one. So round 2 is Russian beer 3 is Japanese and so on. It’s unlikely that we would know if we liked the Italian beer at all since they go second last. This is also helpful in eliminating the could taste of Fosters. My buddy Ray says the Aussies hate Fosters so much they ship it all overseas and keep the good stuff at home.

• I have heard that too. I drink Peroni whenever I can. Fosters has always been dirt cheap over here, so drank it as a youth and before my dad bought a restaurant. My friend and I play while drinking, but more especially( now become a joke with my wife and his girlfriend) stuffing ourselves with crisps while they sleep.

• @wittman:

My friend and I play while drinking

I like the way you phrased that, rather than saying “My friend and I drink while playing”.  It sort of implies that Axis & Allies is an accompanying activity which makes the primary activity of drinking more fun.  There’s probably a potential marketing concept there for the folks at WotC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m