SgtWilTan's mods and conversions of A&A pieces

• '14 '13

These are amazing.

• Customizer

Thank you. I’ll have Paul’s modified HBG T34s and my own A&A modified T34s with russian green paint up this weekend.

• Customizer

Wil,

––I’m glad you’ve caught up in your other responsibilities enough to do some more modifying/detailing. Your work is amazing and much looked forward to. Go Team Warmachine!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Paul, I’m just amazed at your patience!
    I’m chomping at the bit to get mine as a complete set for just one game box and you are far ahead of me with my own.

• Customizer

Wil,

@sgtwiltan:

Paul, I’m just amazed at your patience!
    I’m chomping at the bit to get mine as a complete set for just one game box and you are far ahead of me with my own.

––Well,…I wouldn’t say patience is NOT my strong suit, just an understanding viewpoint of the realities of life. And as I’m already 54 years old and my Dad is 88,….I’d really like to get all of my detailed/modified/painted/decalled units finished before we’re both dead, haha.
    ----It would be fantastic if we could get them all done by the time of HBG’s gaming convention next year. I can’t think of any better place to play the first game with all of the highly detailed units that “Allwork”, Lucas, and yourself have made possible. I’d truly enjoy some G-40 games with you, Lucas, “The Coach”, Gargantua, Vericocha, and other A&A.Org friends. I’m sure this is very optimistic for a deadline, but perhaps we might strive to get as many units done as possible by the time of the HBG Convention next year.
    ––Oh, BTW, don’t pay any attention to the mini video-cams and ticking time-bomb I’ve had installed in your work room. Just consider them as “incentive”.    hahahahahahahahahaha!  :-o

----And as far as getting excited and/or anxious,…every time I see a pic of your modifications or one of Lucas’ paint jobs I get very excited and want them in my grubby little hands IMMEDIATELY! But in reality,…the best thing will be when I can enjoy an entire expanded set of detailed/painted units in a game with some friends. That’s what it’s all about for me;…the shared experience of FUN (read death and destruction to my gaming enemies).  :-D

––So my friend, you can consider yourself and your skills “drafted” for the duration with a target date of next years
    HBG Convention. Have a great day.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Updated Pics on page 1. New pics at the bottom.

• Customizer

Wil,

@sgtwiltan:

Updated Pics on page 1. New pics at the bottom.

––Wow!  :-o
    ––I seem to say that a lot these days whenever I see your “mod” work. The T-34s look great, especially the added fuel tanks. And I’m still surprised that the 105 Artillery look so grand for such a routine unit. Another shipment of your great work going to Lucas for painting/decalling.

Go " WarMachine Team"

“Tall Paul”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those are truly impressive Wil. Especially your scratch builds. Quite something.

• Customizer

A lot of the scratch builds are almost 15+ years old back when my eyes were still good. All originally built to replace the stock A&A units.

And to answer your question below, I used styrene sheets and rods of different thicknesses cut with an exacto. The patterns were from
    plans in books or measured lengths from stats in meters and then divided by 285 to get the size in mm.

@sgtwiltan:

A lot of the scratch builds are almost 15+ years old back when my eyes were still good. All originally built to replace the stock A&A units.

Well they are impressive nonetheless. How long did those normally take? And what did you use (knives, plastic blocks…)?

• Customizer

Updated pics with new Panther, OOB Artillery, HBG 38Ts and more T34s

• Customizer

Wil & Others,

@sgtwiltan:

Updated pics with new Panther, OOB Artillery, HBG 38Ts and more T34s

––I see war clouds gathering in the near future. Great work!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

More Detailed pics put up on page 1.
    Since Paul has got most of my early Panthers and Tigers, I got a little carried away to fulfill the final pieces
    I owed him and managed to build another 50 Panthers of the Aufs. D and A varieties.
    20 Tigers have also been built as well as the detailing of 35 German half-tracks.
    Still a long way to go since after completion of build comes base coating, washes, dry brushing and final
    detail painting and highlighting. The pics on the thread are constantly going to evolve as I find new ways
    to show the details and better pictures to show them through their evolutions.

I also did an informal weight test of the tigers. It took 9 OOB tigers to equal the weight of 1 GHQ tiger.
    This is why I expend so much effort on plastic pieces. I’m not sure how well the game boxes would
    hold up to the weight of the much more detailed but way heavier GHQ models as you would need hundreds
    to replace the OOB game pieces.

Any ways, enjoy.

• Customizer

Wil,

@sgtwiltan:

Since Paul has got most of my early Panthers and Tigers
    Sorry about that,….and thanks again.,
    I got a little carried away to fulfill the final pieces
    I owed him and managed to build another 50 Panthers of the Aufs. D and A varieties.
    20 Tigers have also been built as well as the detailing of 35 German half-tracks.
    Still a long way to go since after completion of build comes base coating, washes, dry brushing and final
    detail painting and highlighting. The pics on the thread are constantly going to evolve as I find new ways

I also did an informal weight test of the tigers. It took 9 OOB tigers to equal the weight of 1 GHQ tiger.
    This is why I expend so much effort on plastic pieces. I’m not sure how well the game boxes would
    hold up to the weight of the much more detailed but way heavier GHQ models as you would need hundreds

Any ways, enjoy.

––It’s always great to hear from you, especially when you are showing your latest modifications completed and in process. I’m in a bit of a hurry right now,…and I don’t remember if any of those Half-tracks were headed my way or not, but I hope so. Great work on the pics you’ve posted. I’ll check 'em out more once I’m home again.

Go “WarMachine Team”

“Tall Paul”

@sgtwiltan:

Since Paul has got most of my early Panthers and Tigers, I got a little carried away to fulfill the final pieces

Any ways, enjoy.

Incredible Wil, absolutely incredible.

• Customizer

Wil,

––Just a “head’s-up” for you. I just added three sets of HBG’s Japanese Expansion sets to the
    three Japanese Supplemental sets that were already pre-ordered. All will be sent to YOU for any modifications you think we need done, as well as your perusal. I’ll order additional numbers of several units whenever they are available for individual sale. You might at least send me some pics whenever they come in, haha.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Redid some pics. I like this new format. More organized.
    Enjoy

@sgtwiltan:

Redid some pics. I like this new format. More organized.

I love the new format. Works great. Still in awe. (Have you modded anything besides tanks/ground vehicles?)

@sgtwiltan:

If you want to see some great scale comparisons, look here.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28294.0

I didn’t even know you linked to my thread… Perhaps I should keep up on it a bit more.

• Customizer

Thanks Lucas.
    I’m doing the Mod part and You are the paint master.
    Eventually I’ll have fully painted pics up along with the workup to get to the fully finished stage but that is in the future.
    I think I’m going to use my second post on this thread for ships and my third post for Planes and the fourth for etc stuff.
    I got lots of plans but they require quite a bit of time to come to fruition as well as finishing commitments to Paul.

@sgtwiltan:

Eventually I’ll have fully painted pics up along with the workup to get to the fully finished stage but that is in the future.
    I think I’m going to use my second post on this thread for ships and my third post for Planes and the fourth for etc stuff.
    I got lots of plans but they require quite a bit of time to come to fruition as well as finishing commitments to Paul.

Very much looking forward to it when it comes. Esp. ships.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m