• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

In a game of anniversary, my team was kicking the axis’s ass.

The british were all over Italy and Germany, with a wicked bombing campaign, and the Russians were holding.

Japan was losing to me in the pac.

Then suddenly… Britian builds ALL bombers, and a factory in Norway against my advice…  Germany spends all it’s money on tech, and scores Paratroopers…  UK gets sacked with no possibility of re-capture.

I tried to compensate with America, but it was too late, and then the Russians folded…

Game.

Not the -best- but definetly one of the better one’s I’ve seen.

• Customizer

@Cow:

wait even so a last minute income could get a naval defense for east usa… why didn’t he do that? If you got a 26 man drop… what do you have for naval? bship cruiser carrier 2 air dd sub at most? That’s 7 units only. usa should have 2 fighters nearby so he can get a decent defense last minute.  like carrier sub 3 fighter. so defending would be 5 fighter carrier sub… 7 units.

uk could suicide his remaining air in range on german fleet to pray for a tilt or hit.

What I meant to say was if a US player is aware of the possible hit right at the beginning of the game, it can be pretty easy to defend.

In the game that was played, he moved everything to Hawaii.  On turn 3, when he realized the threat, there was nothing to be done.  No planes made it back.

I did not claim this was a repeatable strategy.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

And we are now aware what I buy 6 warships for the atlantic on round 2…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Cow,

Remember your recent game against Seththe Newb?

Even with a FULL US income, and foreknowledge of the possibility, he wasn’t able to muster a decent defence against a similar force.

• TripleA

yeah well japan had to suicide on usa to make it happen, this is different.

it is not 6 war ships. it is 5 with 2 flyin in from hawaii or hollywood. makes it to central, get the carrier bam it goes in the water right?

• TripleA

As for my most epic comeback. I was axis. Berlin was turtled up with allies surrounding it in aa50. Japan was ready to attack moscow next round, I just had to survive berlin one more round. Rome was American

Allies all in berlin, uk goes first with about 60% odds. uk fails, usa goes with about 80% odds… fails. Germany scores improved artilly and blows up taking back territories. Japan goes to hit russia to end the game, with 1.5 tanks for every russian inf and 6 fighters for his 2… Japan loses hard.

Anyway 5 rounds later the game is still going the battles still raging. Germany blew up in europe to make 10 inf/arty a turn. italy only made 3 inf.

Japan with armor units to match infantry just couldn’t take russia every round 14 armor coming in hot, just no dice. Then the all in on berlin happens one more time… back to back uk / usa. usa draws with germany, berlin was empty.

then finally Japan took russia. uk failed berlin, usa got it. Meanwhile in the pacific. Japan in desperation attacked hollywood 1 armor and LRA that it discovered and took hollywood. USA had two armor on east usa, and japan defended.

that was epic.

I was rolling 3 tech rolls for about 10 rounds with japan and finally got something lol, perfect timing cos I just bought bombers on japan last turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m