HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Is there any plans to do Task force markers like the Blue ones from old school pacific?

• @Yavid:

Is there any plans to do Task force markers like the Blue ones from old school pacific?

That’s not a bad idea.  The task force markers that I made look great, but since I only had 5 players, I ended up using a small board, which ended up being too small for my ship markers, so I ended up pulling out a set of task force markers from “old school pacific” to use for naval task forces.  The land-based ones that I made using TT oversize pieces work great, though, even better than the old ones (which would look ridiculous on land anyhow, since they’re images of ships!)  So, the “catch-as-can” approach to creating my own went well and I’m happy with the result, overall, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t any room for improvement…

Incidentally, Coach, the coasters arrived right on time today (Thanks again for your speedy and efficient service!) and so I finished my task force markers.  They look great!  I’m going to get some pictures tomorrow to post…

• Hey Coach,

Once the (current small-board) game is over, I think I’m going to set up a game of GW1939 (Complete with all the neutral/ minors and special units as well as the task force markers I’ve just made from the downloads from your web site) just to see what it looks like and to take pictures…  Where can I find a set of set-up charts for GW1939?  I looked all over the HBG web site for them and couldn’t find them… What am I missing?

• @DrLarsen:

Hey Coach,

Once the (current small-board) game is over, I think I’m going to set up a game of GW1939 (Complete with all the neutral/ minors and special units as well as the task force markers I’ve just made from the downloads from your web site) just to see what it looks like and to take pictures…  Where can I find a set of set-up charts for GW1939?  I looked all over the HBG web site for them and couldn’t find them… What am I missing?

Version 5.0 is on boardgamegeek at http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113337/global-war-1939

• or check out the Global War subforum on these forums!

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=73.0

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Thanks for the help on that Rorschach! Beat me to it.

• will coach be selling pieces from the new games?

@Lunarwolf:

will coach be selling pieces from the new games?

You betcha!

• i just checked out the website and your already out of 25 pounders lol

• Customizer

Yeah, same goes for the German artillery and British Destroyers. I figured those pieces would sell very quickly. You’re probably going to have to catch his site at just the right time to get any of those new sculpts.

By the way, I didn’t see a listing for the 1941 game. Is Coach going to sell the pieces from that game?

Yep, 41 pieces will be available in a few more days!

• Well, our first annual “WW2 Camp” was a success, overall!  Unfortunately, two of the players who’d said they’d come didn’t, and though we recruited replacement players for 2 of the days, by the 3rd day, when those were unable to come, I found myself having to take over 2 teams, which kind of skewed the result.  (Having a 40-year-old who’d played the game since he was 12 play against 12 year olds was not quite a “fair” match-up, but what else could I do?)  Nevertheless, a good time (and hopefully some good learning) was had by all.  Since it was a small group, I had us play on a classic board, but made use of as many of the new HBG pieces as I could…

I took some pictures that I’m going to send you guys as soon as they’re sent to me.  (I don’t own a camera, so had to borrow one from our head-of-school and a fellow teacher.)  On the third day I also set up a game with the big GW1939 board and every one of the newest HBG and FMG pieces that I could to help gin up excitement for the potential for future years and also took pictures of that which I’ll also send you guys.  I also finished up a set of task force markers using your downloadable set, including 10 ships and 30 land-based markers, which, again, I also took pictures of to send you guys.

I also created a set of unit stat sheets and set-up charts of my own.  The set-up charts are for GW1939, and are my own modification based on those I downloaded, but with changes based on either history (e.g., adding a Dutch flotilla in the Java Sea) or a desire to make use of a greater variety of those cool new HBG (and FMG) unit types.  The stat sheets include both a d6 and a d12 version.  All three document sets are done in MS Word so that they’re endlessly customizable for other fans out there, and I’m quite willing to make them available to others through your website downloads section if you’re interested… (I don’t know how you guys feel about Word-based downloads, but I thought they’d be useful as it’s a format that others could use to customize more easily than pdf.)  I also plan to create a set of “Game Record Sheets” based on the set-up tables which I’d also gladly make available to the HBG community in Word format.  I use such Game Record Sheets quite a bit for Risk and AA-based games that I do with students (or with friends), since finishing a game in one sitting is almost impossible.  They make recording a game to put away and set up again to continue later relatively painless.

ATTENTION PATRONS

Coach will be at GenCon Indy from Thursday through Sunday. This means that orders placed after Wednesday will not be filled until the following Monday after he is back. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

• Customizer

Hey Everyone,
    I got my new Russian pieces from HBG yesterday. They look fantastic. Coach did an excellent job matching colors to both the current maroon OOB Soviet pieces and the burgandy OOB pieces from Europe (1999). The colors are darn near identical. Coach’s pieces have a little duller look because he uses a slightly softer plastic than WOTC, but otherwise they blend together great. I’m looking forward to putting his new pieces to work with my current pieces.

I’m wondering, since these are “early war” units for Russia, if they should have slightly lower combat values than the current pieces. Or perhaps there should be a rule that Russia has to start with these units until the European Axis declare war on the Soviet Union. That would make a good representation of the initial success of Barbarossa. Part of the reason that Germany did so well at first was that most of the Soviet weapons were obsolete. The Germans didn’t start running into better Soviet equipment (like the T-34), at least in large quantities, until the winter of '41-'42 when the German advance litereally froze in place and the Russians launched big counter-attacks.

I’m going to try and get a few pictures of them in the next couple of days and post them here.

• Customizer

Mine are in the mail and I can’t wait to get them. I painted abou 30 Soviet infantry and I run out in set up in anniversary. We don’t like to use chips if we don’t have to. Really looking forward to the katyushas.

Here are a couple of pics I took next to the OOB pieces.

549535_422185814484312_312714208_n.jpg
    484135_422185834484310_1582033159_n.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Variable:

Here are a couple of pics I took next to the OOB pieces.

Awesome. Thanks Variable.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Those Katyusha’s are bad ass!

• I’ve been waiting since Classic to have Katyushas Thank you HBG

• Customizer

Here’s a couple of pics.
    First, OMG! Look at the MASSIVE Red Army! Regular units and Guards.
    Next is all four colors available. I find the Plum interesting. Kind of makes me wish I played a Spanish Civil War varient just so I could use them.

Full Sets.JPG
    All 4 colors.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m