HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

Here is a picture of the new U.S. Set with Hellcat.
    We will have better pictures in a few weeks.

Wow! Excellent!

Looks like the M3 will need to be smaller.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@coachofmany:

Maybe just a little bit. If you want it to be of similar size to the Japanese and German halftracks.

It is a little hard to judge the size of the ships from this picture, but it seems like the cruiser and maybe the battleship are pretty big. Not necessarily too big, because big ships are nice, but as I said it is hard to tell.

We have been through this a number of times, but a clarification on sizes:

Is there a largest ship type in your plans? As in heavy battleships and heavy aircraft carriers are of approximately equal size and are the largest ships. With ships like the Yamato, Midway and Montana(?) being produced should other ships be smaller? It looks like that from recent sets and in this picture, but I did not know if there was an explicit sizing rule that HBG is using.

These ships are ALL OOB size plus 5% for shrinkage.
    The Midway Carrier will be larger Not the Essex.

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

Maybe just a little bit. If you want it to be of similar size to the Japanese and German halftracks.

It is a little hard to judge the size of the ships from this picture, but it seems like the cruiser and maybe the battleship are pretty big. Not necessarily too big, because big ships are nice, but as I said it is hard to tell.

We have been through this a number of times, but a clarification on sizes:

Is there a largest ship type in your plans? As in heavy battleships and heavy aircraft carriers are of approximately equal size and are the largest ships. With ships like the Yamato, Midway and Montana(?) being produced should other ships be smaller? It looks like that from recent sets and in this picture, but I did not know if there was an explicit sizing rule that HBG is using.

@coachofmany:

Yeah, that is what I thought.

Midway > Essex/Yorktown/Lexington > Casablanca, et al.

Likewise:

Montana > Iowa/S. Dakota/N. Carolina > Nevada

Yamato > Nagato/Kongo > Fuso

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are Correct.

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

Yeah, that is what I thought.

Midway > Essex/Yorktown/Lexington > Casablanca, et al.

Likewise:

Montana > Iowa/S. Dakota/N. Carolina > Nevada

Yamato > Nagato/Kongo > Fuso

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the enlightenment Coach. Appreciate your work and dedication.

• Customizer

Guys,

@coachofmany:

Actually is the F6F Hellcat Fighter.
    **––I told you so! This is exactly why I’ve been buying OOB Guadalcanal “Wildcats” to be used as “EARLY” naval fighters,… I planned on using HBG’s new F-6F “Hellcat” as a more modern naval Fighter.

----And as always,…THANK’S AGAIN COACH & THE HBG STAFF!

Tall Paul**

Coach, if your taking out the Midway Class carrier out of the US set, what set will it be in, or is it going in the Midway boxed game?

This was the piece that I was looking forward to the most.

I want to be on the look out for this piece.

Thanks,

John

(2) F6F Hellcat Fighters (Pre-Orders Only through October 31st)
    (2) Late War Infantry w/ MG
    (2) M3A2 Halftracks
    (2) 155mm M1A1 HeavyArtillery
    (2) Greyhound Armored car
    (2) M4A3 Sherman Medium Tank,  **(4) with Pre-order
    (2) Pershing Heavy Tank
    (2) P-47 Thunderbolt Fighter plane
    (2) SB2C Helldiver Tac
    (2) P-80 Shooting Star Jet Fighter
    (2) B-24 Liberator Heavy Bomber
    (2) Omaha Class Light cruiser
    (2) Baltimore Class Heavy Cruiser
    (2) South Dakota Class Battleship
    (2) Essex Class Fleet Carrier

@John:

Coach, if your taking out the Midway Class carrier out of the US set, what set will it be in, or is it going in the Midway boxed game?

Thanks,

John

HBGUSExpSet.jpg

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

(2) F6F Hellcat Fighters (Pre-Orders Only through October 31st)
    (2) Late War Infantry w/ MG
    (2) M3A2 Halftracks
    (2) 155mm M1A1 HeavyArtillery
    (2) Greyhound Armored car
    (2) M4A3 Sherman Medium Tank,  **(4) with Pre-order
    (2) Pershing Heavy Tank
    (2) P-47 Thunderbolt Fighter plane
    (2) SB2C Helldiver Tac
    (2) P-80 Shooting Star Jet Fighter
    (2) B-24 Liberator Heavy Bomber
    (2) Omaha Class Light cruiser
    (2) Baltimore Class Heavy Cruiser
    (2) South Dakota Class Battleship
    (2) Essex Class Fleet Carrier

**What a GREAT SET! :-o
    I’m glad I’ve already got my 6 sets orderred

Tall Paul**

@John:

Thanks,

John

I would imagine it would just be in a  future US set. God knows, there are plenty more US pieces out there that we all would like to see (even HBG remakes of OOB units). I doubt that the Midway-class would be with the Midway game, since those carriers were not built until the end of and after the war. A Midway game would include Yorktown, Enterprise and Hornet.

Speaking of which… cannot say enough how I am looking forward to the Yorktown class when it comes around! Amen, Amen! I am eternally satisfied.

@LHoffman:

@John:

Thanks,

John

I would imagine it would just be in a  future US set. God knows, there are plenty more US pieces out there that we all would like to see (even HBG remakes of OOB units). I doubt that the Midway-class would be with the Midway game, since those carriers were not built until the end of and after the war. A Midway game would include Yorktown, Enterprise and Hornet.

Speaking of which… cannot say enough how I am looking forward to the Yorktown class when it comes around! Amen, Amen! I am eternally satisfied.

Midway Class carrier and Montana Class Battleship will be in the Allied Super-weapon Set.
    We are realigning these sets, working on some things.

@LHoffman:

@John:

Thanks,

John

Your right Hoffman, I had a brain fart there and not enough coffee, LOL. I understand what your saying. I was excited about it for a long time, because it was on the pictures. I know it will come when it comes, but a person can hope.

Your right, there are pieces that need to come before it, probably. :-)

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@John:

Thanks,

John

Midway Class carrier and Montana Class Battleship will be in the Allied Super-weapon Set.
    We are realigning these sets, working on some things.

Thanks Coach! At least it is not too far off. :-D

• Great set HBG.

The B24 is excellent
    And the carrier… wow!!!

I already have the B24 but I need a carrier like this in my game.

AL.

@John:

Your right Hoffman, I had a brain fart there and not enough coffee, LOL. I understand what your saying. I was excited about it for a long time, because it was on the pictures. I know it will come when it comes, but a person can hope.

Eh, it happens. I am very excited for them too. There are certain individual units that I am particularly interested in, but the whole process is a lot of fun.

To me, the order in which they come out does not matter so much. The folks at HBG certainly have a logical reasoning for their process.

We at least think it is logical but then we want to do so much!

@LHoffman:

@John:

Eh, it happens. I am very excited for them too. There are certain individual units that I am particularly interested in, but the whole process is a lot of fun.

To me, the order in which they come out does not matter so much. The folks at HBG certainly have a logical reasoning for their process.

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@John:

Coach, there is just not enough hours in the day is there, LOL? :-D

I work all the time on it, either designing markers, games, banners, units, models, website, etc plus my other guys who work on things. We have the next 3 years mapped out, now we just need to hit the lottery to make everything!

@John:

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@John:

@coachofmany:

I work all the time on it, either designing markers, games, banners, units, models, website, etc plus my other guys who work on things. We have the next 3 years mapped out, now we just need to hit the lottery to make everything!

@John:

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@John:

Your due for a long vacation as well, I imagine. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m