HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Customizer

@John:

@toblerone77:

If you have OOB maroon units from AAE99 you can create another communist army such as the Warsaw Pact. Im considering using a combination of red Japanese units and light red Russian units to create a Communist China player.

Tolerone, it is funny you mentioned that. I just ebayed for a AA Europe 99 and already have 3 sets of light red Russian units. I was going for the same thing. Great minds think alike. :-D

Yes indeed JB!

The red Russian units match pretty well to the HBG red Japanese and the AAP01 red Japanese units also. That’s why I’m considering them for Chinese/Asian communist units. The Plum I will use for Communist allied minors and insurgents. The yellow green work really well for Nationalist/Pro Western Asian forces.

• @toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

If you have OOB maroon units from AAE99 you can create another communist army such as the Warsaw Pact. Im considering using a combination of red Japanese units and light red Russian units to create a Communist China player.

Tolerone, it is funny you mentioned that. I just ebayed for a AA Europe 99 and already have 3 sets of light red Russian units. I was going for the same thing. Great minds think alike. :-D

Yes indeed JB!

The red Russian units match pretty well to the HBG red Japanese and the AAP01 red Japanese units also. That’s why I’m considering them for Chinese/Asian communist units. The Plum I will use for Communist allied minors and insurgents. The yellow green work really well for Nationalist/Pro Western Asian forces.

thanks for that info. I’ve been wondering how they match up together

• Customizer

I like to use the burgundy Russians (you guys call them maroon) for Soviet Guards units and the maroon/brown units for regular army units.

Same with my Germans. I spray painted all of my OOB pieces dark grey to match HBG’s dark grey. Then I got some more OOB black German units and I use them for SS.

• Knp7765, what brand of paint did you use.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

Yes indeed JB!

I’m going to use the Russian plum units for Spain, until the plum French units come out. :-D

@knp7765:

I like to use the burgundy Russians (you guys call them maroon) for Soviet Guards units and the maroon/brown units for regular army units.

Same with my Germans. I spray painted all of my OOB pieces dark grey to match HBG’s dark grey. Then I got some more OOB black German units and I use them for SS.

I’ve also thought about using the burgundy/maroon units for Soviet Guards as well. There is a lot of options with the Russian and Japanese colors. I’m just glad HBG has so many to choose from since some of us will not be painting our units.

• @John:

@toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

Yes indeed JB!

I’m going to use the Russian plum units for Spain, until the plum French units come out. :-D

they are doing france in plum?

• yeah guys at HBG you guys seem to have a mistake on your site. You have two links going to Axis Minors 2 one of them is labeled Axis Minors 2 and the other says HBG “Battle Pieces” - Facilities

@Yavid:

@John:

@toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

Yes indeed JB!

If you go on their site under France, it will tell you the two colors, French Blue and Plum are the colors available for the French units.

• @John:

@Yavid:

@John:

@toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

Yes indeed JB!

If you go on their site under France, it will tell you the two colors, French Blue and Plum are the colors available for the French units.

they are putting stuff up right now. in the last 10 mins. The American set went up. A huge French set went up. And the facilities set got a change.

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

@John:

@toblerone77:

@John:

@toblerone77:

Yes indeed JB!

they are putting stuff up right now. in the last 10 mins. The American set went up. A huge French set went up. And the facilities set got a change.

Wow, ok I will check it out. Thanks buddy! :-D

• @Yavid:

BTW everyone HBG put up a 3rd American Set. http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-United-States-Expansion-Set_p_1668.html

wow these look awesome!  I have been waiting for a b24 model and p47 thunderbolt! I love these guys. Any idea how long these expansion sets take to come out?? I have had my eye on the new british set, aswell as the second Japanese set.  I’m just to impatient I guess they really tease us with their “out of stock” status

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

We are pushing to get them out much quicker this year. The UK set is already to manufacturer to start on models.
    We want to get this out every 8-10 weeks

• Customizer

@SS:

Knp7765, what brand of paint did you use.

Sorry for the late reply. I used Testors spray enamel paint. The actual color is called Gunship Gray. After spraying them with the color and letting them dry, I spray them down with a coat of Testors Dull Coat to help protect the paint.
    The color is really close to HBG’s molded dark grey. I was satisfied. Here is a pic of some sample pieces.

Grey Germans 2.JPG

• Customizer

Guys,

@Yavid:

BTW everyone HBG put up a 3rd American Set. http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-United-States-Expansion-Set_p_1668.html

––A P-47 Thunderbolt! YES! This was my Fathers favorite aircraft in WW2, and he has many stories concerning the power & ruggedness of the "Jugs’ he saw in combat.
    ––This is one ot the a/c that I will utilize for a NEW UNIT TYPE,…“Fighter/Bomber” in my games along side of another NEW UNIT TYPE,…Long-Range Fighters(2-engine).
    ----The B-24 “Liberator” wil also be a very welcomed unit, along with all of the rest of HBG’s wise choices for units produced. THANKS HBG!

“Tall Paul”

• Thank you Tall Paul for highlighting Yavid’s post and pick up.
    I agree the sculpts sound great in this expansion.

• @Tall:

Guys,

@Yavid:

––A P-47 Thunderbolt! YES! This was my Fathers favorite aircraft in WW2, and he has many stories concerning the power & ruggedness of the "Jugs’ he saw in combat.
    ––This is one ot the a/c that I will utilize for a NEW UNIT TYPE,…“Fighter/Bomber” in my games along side of another NEW UNIT TYPE,…Long-Range Fighters(2-engine).
    ----The B-24 “Liberator” wil also be a very welcomed unit, along with all of the rest of HBG’s wise choices for units produced. THANKS HBG!

“Tall Paul”

I like your idea for fighter/bombers but what aircraft are you using for German fighter/bomber?

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@SS:

Knp7765, what brand of paint did you use.

Sorry for the late reply. I used Testors spray enamel paint. The actual color is called Gunship Gray. After spraying them with the color and letting them dry, I spray them down with a coat of Testors Dull Coat to help protect the paint.
    The color is really close to HBG’s molded dark grey. I was satisfied. Here is a pic of some sample pieces.

Those look nice knp. I personally preferred when the German units were Grey. As of now I use a mixture of grey and black units myself.

• Customizer

I am more than thrilled with the new upcoming units from HBG.

@ Coach. Can we please, please, please, get a B-29? I know it may not be possible but can we please get a B-29 soon? I would buy any set that had one. If there’s any way to do it besides tracking down old Table Tactics or buying from Shapeways please give us a B-29. Put it to a vote if you must. This is needed and I believe many agree.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m