HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Yavid:

I got my order in yesterday. Everything looks awesome. There were a couple flaws in the pieces that I’ll be emailing coach about but nothing is a big deal. Bottom line is less than 1% of the stuff I got had any errors. Whoever thought of putting the names on the bottom of the ships needs a medal that idea is amazing. I was hoping the Yellow-Green Neutrals was a match for OOB china and it’s not. If you don’t have the Yellow-Green set think Neon Yellow not china yellow and it’s not classic japan yellow. Color match on all the sets are D*** close at worse. UK being by far the best. France being the worse but the only way I see the difference in the French pieces is when the two pieces are touching. Detail on the stuff is awesome. They even put the drive train on the underside of the trucks!!!

BONUS: I got enough points to redeem them to get the Next Japanese set pre-ordered. Hopefully the gift card shows up soon I would like to get it pre-ordered so I get the Kikka fighters.

All and all I have to say great job guys keep up the good work.

P.S. I see that you have a list of sets that are suppose to be coming out in 2014 and I can’t help but notice something. There’s no 3rd Japanese set there. Has that been canceled? Are you still planning on doing a 3rd Japanese set?

Ship names… Not sure if that was my suggestion or Coach’s. Either way, it is cool and it is needed. The 3rd Japanese set is very much happening. WE WILL DO ALL BASE SETS! Eventually. We had to plan out the Japanese one early as we planned out the other Japan sets to make sure we got everything in there we wanted. We have lists extending years into the future of what will be done. Just not solid on time lines yet. Expect a round of Base Sets to be done last. Supplemental and Expansion pieces must be done first for everyone as best we can. We also tend to rearrange the order according you YOUR popularity.

• @Variable:

@Yavid:

I got my order in yesterday. Everything looks awesome. There were a couple flaws in the pieces that I’ll be emailing coach about but nothing is a big deal. Bottom line is less than 1% of the stuff I got had any errors. Whoever thought of putting the names on the bottom of the ships needs a medal that idea is amazing. I was hoping the Yellow-Green Neutrals was a match for OOB china and it’s not. If you don’t have the Yellow-Green set think Neon Yellow not china yellow and it’s not classic japan yellow. Color match on all the sets are D*** close at worse. UK being by far the best. France being the worse but the only way I see the difference in the French pieces is when the two pieces are touching. Detail on the stuff is awesome. They even put the drive train on the underside of the trucks!!!

BONUS: I got enough points to redeem them to get the Next Japanese set pre-ordered. Hopefully the gift card shows up soon I would like to get it pre-ordered so I get the Kikka fighters.

All and all I have to say great job guys keep up the good work.

P.S. I see that you have a list of sets that are suppose to be coming out in 2014 and I can’t help but notice something. There’s no 3rd Japanese set there. Has that been canceled? Are you still planning on doing a 3rd Japanese set?

Ship names… Not sure if that was my suggestion or Coach’s. Either way, it is cool and it is needed. The 3rd Japanese set is very much happening. WE WILL DO ALL BASE SETS! Eventually. We had to plan out the Japanese one early as we planned out the other Japan sets to make sure we got everything in there we wanted. We have lists extending years into the future of what will be done. Just not solid on time lines yet. Expect a round of Base Sets to be done last. Supplemental and Expansion pieces must be done first for everyone as best we can. We also tend to rearrange the order according you YOUR popularity.

Well that explains a couple things. On this list of things going far into the future I have one question: There’s a part of your site that has wish list. Have you thought about putting up on the wish list the stuff on that your future list? So we can all bitch and moan about stuff that there and stuff that’s not of course got to love customers. :D the last part is a joke but the first part is a real question.

• I have just preordered a set from their European bran h.
    I wish I had seen your post first though John Brown. I was contemplating getting two sets and getting a different colour for Canadian troops would have been a great idea.
    Would have loved that!

Toblerone: I am not bothered about a French set at the moment
    I might change my mind later on.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Variable:

@John:

Coach, what is the difference in the Boxed version of Midway versus  the one available now?

The boxed game will have a very similar map. Shrunk down a bit for publishing purposes. Probably touched up a bit by a professional. All of the sculpts for the game will be more or less unique and special. The rules will be completely new. Right now they are an extrapolation of Larry’s Guadalcanal rules. But for us to publish the game, it’s only right that we come up with something unique. The naval rules being developed for the boxed game will carry over to other HBG naval games as well making a game system.

Sweet, that is good news. Looking forward to it! :-D

@wittmann:

I have just preordered a set from their European bran h.
    I wish I had seen your post first though John Brown. I was contemplating getting two sets and getting a different colour for Canadian troops would have been a great idea.
    Would have loved that!

Toblerone: I am not bothered about a French set at the moment
    I might change my mind later on.

Maybe this is something you can change later on. Food for thought. I just thought I would share my idea for those that are not painting their units. :-)

• I think it was an excellent idea. I cannot paint and really like the idea of different coloured Canadian units.
    I would even throw one Canadian Inf in with the mix, if I bought more than 4 UK units in the Purchase phase, to represent Canadian output(a Tank even!).
    I have always been tempted to buy grey Germans too. they would make perfect Satellite nations for the Eastern Front.

I am spoilt now that HBG have a European outlet.
    I shall continue to dream of multitudes of multi-coloured troops….

@wittmann:

I think it was an excellent idea. I cannot paint and really like the idea of different coloured Canadian units.
    I would even throw one Canadian Inf in with the mix, if I bought more than 4 UK units in the Purchase phase, to represent Canadian output(a Tank even!).
    I have always been tempted to buy grey Germans too. they would make perfect Satellite nations for the Eastern Front.

I am spoilt now that HBG have a European outlet.
    I shall continue to dream of multitudes of multi-coloured troops….

Speaking of German pieces, I just bought a whole grey German army, in case I want my German forces to be grey, instead of black. I will also use the grey units for my Hungarian forces in the Global '39 game. I bought 10 sets grey German sets, 10 grey axis minor sets and all the old grey units from past axis and allies games. You should see my grey army. It huge now. It not as big as my black German Army.

My Japanese army is by far my largest. I couldn’t decide on what colors, so I bought them all.  :-D

• Customizer

@Variable:

@John:

Coach, what is the difference in the Boxed version of Midway versus  the one available now?

The boxed game will have a very similar map. Shrunk down a bit for publishing purposes. Probably touched up a bit by a professional. All of the sculpts for the game will be more or less unique and special. The rules will be completely new. Right now they are an extrapolation of Larry’s Guadalcanal rules. But for us to publish the game, it’s only right that we come up with something unique. The naval rules being developed for the boxed game will carry over to other HBG naval games as well making a game system.

Are you also using a “battle box” for the dice like in Guadalcanal?

• knp7765, Did you prime your German pieces first.

• :?

• Customizer

@SS:

knp7765, Did you prime your German pieces first.

Prime them? Isn’t that basically putting a coat of paint on them followed by another coat of paint? I understand putting a coat of primer on when you are painting something like a car or house, but never quite got the hang of it for models and such. Maybe a little impatience on my part.
    What I did was paint them the gunship grey on each side, allowed them to dry, then gave each side a coating of dull coat. So far this has worked just fine on all the non-infantry pieces. I do have a slight problem with the rifles on the infantry pieces. I have noticed on a few pieces where a little of the paint has chipped off there.
    Probably wouldn’t have that problem if I did go to the trouble of priming them, but like I mentioned, I’m impatient.

• Ok thanks. I’ll putz with it.

• A word from your friendly neighborhood contractor: part of the point of using primer is that it helps hide the imperfections on a wall or piece of wood as well as providing a great first coat. Using primer on models would hide the imperfections we call awesome detail. So you really shouldn’t use the stuff.

• This set is Facilities Set and will be available in 9 colors: German Black, Light Grey, Brown, ANZAC grey, Russian Brown, French Blue, White, Japanese Orange, Italian Brown, U.S. Green. <–-- from the HBG website.

What’s the difference between Brown, Italian Brown and Russian Brown? Oh and it’s not being done in UK Tan?

• Customizer

Well, I know Russian brown is quite a bit darker than Italian brown. As for the one simply marked “brown”, that may be UK tan, as sometimes tan is called a light brown. Not totally sure on that one, but it’s a fair guess.

I just noticed that German Dark Grey isn’t listed either. While I kind of would like facilities in each nation’s color, I might stay with just light grey for all nation’s facilities. Really like the looks of the major and minor ICs.

The US supplement set comes in two new colors now, orange and white, for those that have not heard. I just bought some for my neutral and Dutch support. :-)

• Customizer

@John:

The US supplement set comes in two new colors now, orange and white, for those that have not heard. I just bought some for my neutral and Dutch support. :-)

WTF! HBG why are you trying to destroy my wallet? Now I have to buy even more units! LOL GOOD JOB HBG!

Thanks JB. Though you may need to PM your address so I can send you some of my bills to pay so I can buy more units my friend.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

@John:

WTF! HBG why are you trying to destroy my wallet? Now I have to buy even more units! LOL GOOD JOB HBG!

Thanks JB. Though you may need to PM your address so I can send you some of my bills to pay so I can buy more units my friend.

Yeah, I just went there and went a little nuts myself. You know what’s funny about items that are “on sale”? You get in there and think “Oh man, these are great deals. I’ve got to take advantage of them!” then you end up spending more than you would if everything were regular price. Granted, you got more great stuff, but you sure didn’t save any money. It’s a total “mind-screw”.

@toblerone77:

@John:

LOL, sorry man, I thought you all would want to know that there is new units. I know what you mean. There was a place on my jeans that used to have a pocket and a wallet, and now it is in the South Pacific, near the Dutch East Indies. :-D

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

@John:

Yeah, I just went there and went a little nuts myself. You know what’s funny about items that are “on sale”? You get in there and think “Oh man, these are great deals. I’ve got to take advantage of them!” then you end up spending more than you would if everything were regular price. Granted, you got more great stuff, but you sure didn’t save any money. It’s a total “mind-screw”.

Man, it happens all the time. I even bought the Gurkha Division Marker Set. I just can’t help myself. I got to have it. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m