HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• @toblerone77:

I am more than thrilled with the new upcoming units from HBG.

@ Coach. Can we please, please, please, get a B-29? I know it may not be possible but can we please get a B-29 soon? I would buy any set that had one. If there’s any way to do it besides tracking down old Table Tactics or buying from Shapeways please give us a B-29. Put it to a vote if you must. This is needed and I believe many agree.Â

I agree the B-29 is needed. I also would like to see the Long Tom.

• Customizer

@ Yavid, the sets are cool but we have to have a B-29. I have some TT B-29s but an HBG version would be far better. We really need some gliders too. I’m glad to see the Thunderbolt too. A Wildcat or a Hellcat would be great. There’s soooo many units but we really need a Super-fortress, it’s a must.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@toblerone77:

@ Yavid, the sets are cool but we have to have a B-29. I have some TT B-29s but an HBG version would be far better. We really need some gliders too. I’m glad to see the Thunderbolt too. A Wildcat or a Hellcat would be great. There’s soooo many units but we really need a Super-fortress, it’s a must.

I totally agree with this! We do need the B-29. Super excited for the Thunderbolt. The good news is they are pumping out the sets faster than before, which is great news. That means business is good for them. :-D

• @toblerone77:

lol I’m agreeing with you and I too have the table tactics B-29. and the Hellcat is going to be in Island Warfare. I would like to see a 2nd American artillery because everyone has two except America.

• one more thumbs up for the B29!  The USA had some many great AC’s as well. and with the pacific side of the board full of US naval purchase to match the Japanese starting fleet, I would love to see HBG do the USS Lexington! the Hornet (for the Doolittle STB) or the Yorktown!

• Customizer

I know it is probably a ways off yet, but I have one idea for a possible Soviet Expansion set.
    It’s for their heavy artillery piece. I am suggesting the 203mm howitzer M1931 (B4). See the pic below.
    I first saw this in some WW 2 footage during the Battle of Berlin. The Soviets would bring these into the streets of Berlin to smash German fortifications. It’s basically a big artillery piece on a set of tractor treads. In the footage I saw, it didn’t have that thing on the back of it. It really looked impressive blasting away.
    I just thought this would make a good heavy artillery piece for the Russians. Certainly unique.

300px-Belarus-Minsk-Museum_of_GPW_Exhibition-2.jpg

• Customizer

By the way, speaking of the new sets, what do all you guys think of the extra large French set? Kind of weird making a double size set like that. Looks like some cool stuff in it.
    I was wondering about the Dunkirque class Battleship. It looks a lot like the Richelieu. Was the Richelieu in the Dunkirque class?

• @knp7765:

By the way, speaking of the new sets, what do all you guys think of the extra large French set? Kind of weird making a double size set like that. Looks like some cool stuff in it.
    I was wondering about the Dunkirque class Battleship. It looks a lot like the Richelieu. Was the Richelieu in the Dunkirque class?

I couldn’t agree more about the Soviet artillery. that thing would be AWESOME.

The extra large French set is great. I said it a long time ago and I’m glad to see they are doing it but they are giving France the Italian treatment. And starting from square one and doing everything. I know I will be getting both colors it’s available in. It doesn’t sound like much but when I do it will be the first set they came out with that I bought it in every color available. OOB Blue for Free French, Plum for Vichy France.

NO MORE SAD RUSSIANS. Hey and bonus it gives you blue Russian units to work with coming up with house rules for them like Guard Units or Shock Divisions. So it’s like 2 sets in one. I for one am going to spray paint my blue Russians to be Red Russians to match HBG Red Soviet set. Doing so will give Communist China a OOB set of units and an expansion set.

I’m wondering how excited people are to see the Facilities set will be done in neutral grey, white and in every countries color. Not only will your Naval Bases no longer be cardboard but you’re Japanese Naval Bases will be Japanese Orange, Your German ones will be Black. And they are doing 3 ICs. Major, Minor and OOB so if you wanted to you could use the Major IC as a Major, the OOB as a Minor and House Rule something for the HBGing Minor such as Research Facility.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

I know it is probably a ways off yet, but I have one idea for a possible Soviet Expansion set.
    It’s for their heavy artillery piece. I am suggesting the 203mm howitzer M1931 (B4). See the pic below.
    I first saw this in some WW 2 footage during the Battle of Berlin. The Soviets would bring these into the streets of Berlin to smash German fortifications. It’s basically a big artillery piece on a set of tractor treads. In the footage I saw, it didn’t have that thing on the back of it. It really looked impressive blasting away.
    I just thought this would make a good heavy artillery piece for the Russians. Certainly unique.

We have this slated in our “Allies Super weapons” set in the Global Expansions.

Screenshot 2014-02-18 08.11.02.png

• Hey coach is UK getting any love in the Allied Super Weapons set?

• The new HBG French pieces look great (I can’t wait to get them), but I should point out that Dunkerque and her sister ship Strasbourg were battlecruisers, not battleships.  They only had 13-inch (330mm) main guns – smaller even than the 14" guns of the British KGV class – and their belt armour was only 8.9 in (225 mm) thick.  True battleships are supposed to be armoured proportionally to their armament, which as a rule of thumb roughly translates into belt armour with a thickness close to the caliber of the main guns.  As I recall, Garzke and Dulin’s authoritative book on Allied battleships includes a chapter on the Dunkerque class and refers to them as battlecruisers.

• @toblerone77:

@knp7765:

@SS:

Knp7765, what brand of paint did you use.

Sorry for the late reply. I used Testors spray enamel paint. The actual color is called Gunship Gray. After spraying them with the color and letting them dry, I spray them down with a coat of Testors Dull Coat to help protect the paint.
    The color is really close to HBG’s molded dark grey. I was satisfied. Here is a pic of some sample pieces.

Those look nice knp. I personally preferred when the German units were Grey. As of now I use a mixture of grey and black units myself.

I agree. I will paint the Germans that grey soon.

Which US set is slated to have the Yorktown? Some sort of US Base set?

Just wondering because I am seeing the Essex and Midway in the Expansion but I though the Yorktown was a go also. Wouldn’t want to miss that one.

I suppose that it would fit in well for an OOB replacement set with the Iowa, B-17, Army M-4, etc…

These next sets are going to be the best sets HBG has done. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited about the German and American sets, but I’m more excited about the British and French sets, because they are finally getting a set. I’m excited about the British Commandos and the French Foreign Legion.

I’ve decided the British Tan color will be based out of England. The Celery Green will be all my Canadian Troops, the UK Blonde will be my African Troops and the Old Pacific and Europe Games, which is a darker Tan or Khaki color will represent my troops in India. This my envision for all British and Common wealth troops.

I’m so happy HBG has this many colors to choose from since some of us don’t paint our pieces.

I’m extremely excited for the facility set.

It is great time to be an Axis and Allies Fan. :-D

• Customizer

@knp7765:

I CANNOT WAIT LOL! I’m glad to see French units.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Yorktown will be in base set as well as Midway game.

@LHoffman:

Just wondering because I am seeing the Essex and Midway in the Expansion but I though the Yorktown was a go also. Wouldn’t want to miss that one.

I suppose that it would fit in well for an OOB replacement set with the Iowa, B-17, Army M-4, etc…

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

Coach, what is the difference in the Boxed version of Midway versus  the one available now?

@coachofmany:

Great to hear. Thanks for the response Coach.

Once your new sets are available for pre-order you will be getting a few out of me. Keep up the good work.

• @Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

@coachofmany:

@John:

Is the Italy set still planned at the end of this year?

We stayed away from Italy because FMG released their set but we will do an Italian set, not sure on release.
    We have many projects in line.

Just throwing it out there but I would like to see France, 2nd Russian, or 2nd UK set after Axis Minor 2

I’m all for that and some Anzac!

What did you just order from HBG? :-)

Russian set x2, Neutrals x1, Allied Minor (ANZAC, UK, and French) x2 each, US Marines x1, Germany x2, Japan x2, V-1 tokens, Neutral Inf. in 3 different colors, Communist China Roundel, extra trucks for USA, Japan, Russia, ANZAC and UK, Some Me-262s I’m going to paint brown to be Su-9s, and a lot of White transports so I can set them up in Convey Zones to make them easier to see.

I got my order in yesterday. Everything looks awesome. There were a couple flaws in the pieces that I’ll be emailing coach about but nothing is a big deal. Bottom line is less than 1% of the stuff I got had any errors. Whoever thought of putting the names on the bottom of the ships needs a medal that idea is amazing. I was hoping the Yellow-Green Neutrals was a match for OOB china and it’s not. If you don’t have the Yellow-Green set think Neon Yellow not china yellow and it’s not classic japan yellow. Color match on all the sets are D*** close at worse. UK being by far the best. France being the worse but the only way I see the difference in the French pieces is when the two pieces are touching. Detail on the stuff is awesome. They even put the drive train on the underside of the trucks!!!

BONUS: I got enough points to redeem them to get the Next Japanese set pre-ordered. Hopefully the gift card shows up soon I would like to get it pre-ordered so I get the Kikka fighters.

All and all I have to say great job guys keep up the good work.

P.S. I see that you have a list of sets that are suppose to be coming out in 2014 and I can’t help but notice something. There’s no 3rd Japanese set there. Has that been canceled? Are you still planning on doing a 3rd Japanese set?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@John:

Coach, what is the difference in the Boxed version of Midway versus  the one available now?

The boxed game will have a very similar map. Shrunk down a bit for publishing purposes. Probably touched up a bit by a professional. All of the sculpts for the game will be more or less unique and special. The rules will be completely new. Right now they are an extrapolation of Larry’s Guadalcanal rules. But for us to publish the game, it’s only right that we come up with something unique. The naval rules being developed for the boxed game will carry over to other HBG naval games as well making a game system.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m