HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• I’m going to make my order soon…

• YA Crus, I just got 163.00 worth of stuff and going to order some more.

• Customizer

@HBG, Have you guys ever considered making markers for leaders and generals? Like a token with a picture of Patton or Rommel ETC. I would imagine these would be a fun item to have in your arsenal.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@toblerone77:

@HBG, Have you guys ever considered making markers for leaders and generals? Like a token with a picture of Patton or Rommel ETC. I would imagine these would be a fun item to have in your arsenal.

We have kicked this one around before. I think there may even be some artwork started somewhere. You thinking we need a set? Who would you want to see in it?

• We have kicked this one around before. I think there may even be some artwork started somewhere. You thinking we need a set? Who would you want to see in it?
    Of course…it will be a great idea…
    Patton, Montgommery, Rommel, Guderian. Manstein…Zutkov and others…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Variable, are you guys going to update all the new fortifications, markers that you have made in the past year? On the HBG Custom Rule site, the last update was 1/18/2013. It would be nice to update this because it has been over a year.

Thanks for all you do! I know you guys are really busy now, but I just wanted to know if this is going to be updated this year?

Thanks,

John

• Customizer

@Variable:

@toblerone77:

We have kicked this one around before. I think there may even be some artwork started somewhere. You thinking we need a set? Who would you want to see in it?

I think it might be cool to have some leaders too like a Churchill or Roosevelt etc.

• @Variable:

@toblerone77:

I want each of the 8 major powers to get a nation specific leader plastic sculpt.

Rommel, Montgomery, Zhukov, Patton, etc etc

Here is a pic of the Rommel sculpt that FMG never finished, just to show what I am talking about

ROMMEL.jpg

• I want each of the 8 major powers to get a nation specific leader plastic sculpt.

Me too…maybe more…like 2 generals per major power…
    I want admirals too …Like Nagumo, Yamamoto and Fletcher!!!

• Customizer

I agree. Generals + admirals maybe with them having no stats of there own but conferring a reroll to a combat or something.

• Oh and by the way the Rommel sculpt is great…

• Customizer

@ Variable. I think it would be cool to not just have military leaders but also political leaders. It would be fun to blow up a Hitler token on the board. Or take out Stalin while bombing Moscow. These could be really fun for us guys doing HRs and variants. A token with a pic on it would work well and take a lot less time and money than producing a line of sculpts. Sculpts would be cool too but the tokens would be great to tide us over.

• Paper token Leaders already exist in this game http://ww2wargame.com but they don’t come cheap, man

Real A&A is plastic units.

ROMMEL.jpg

• @toblerone77:

@ Variable. I think it would be cool to not just have military leaders but also political leaders. It would be fun to blow up a Hitler token on the board. Or take out Stalin while bombing Moscow.

I think Roco already made the political leaders you ask for, only in metal and not plastic

Roco%20271.jpg

• Rocco made them in plastic not metal. I have them

• Of course you have them, IL, and you are correct as always when it comes to plastic, but how do you use them in the game

I’ve got two questions for you guys at HBG.

1. Variable, are you guys going to update all the new fortifications, markers that you have made in the past year? On the HBG Custom Rule site, the last update was 1/18/2013. It would be nice to update this because it has been over a year.

Thanks for all you do! I know you guys are really busy now, but I just wanted to know if this is going to be updated this year?

1. I noticed in my Global 1939 supplement pack that the Japanese Veterans are in the yellow color (Manchurian Yellow), but your Japanese supplemental and basic sets, the veteran color is red (Thai Red).

Are both colors considered veteran? Is the rose color veteran as well?

I’m confused!

I would appreciate if you could get me straight on this.

Thanks,

John

• Customizer

The yellow pieces used to be considered Veteran but I believe HBG changed that with the new sets.
    Now yellow is for the Manchukuo army.
    Rose is for Thai units.
    Red is for Veteran units.

Really though, you can use whichever color you want to represent whichever faction you want. HBG’s designations are simply suggestions. In your home, with your game and your pieces, you decide.

@knp7765:

The yellow pieces used to be considered Veteran but I believe HBG changed that with the new sets.
    Now yellow is for the Manchukuo army.
    Rose is for Thai units.
    Red is for Veteran units.

Really though, you can use whichever color you want to represent whichever faction you want. HBG’s designations are simply suggestions. In your home, with your game and your pieces, you decide.

Thanks, I figured you could do what you wanted, but just wanted to make sure. I went ahead and ordered them all in all 4 colors for both sets.

I ordered 10 sets in the OOB pumpkin orange for both sets and 3 sets of each color in both sets. I will have no shortage of troops on the Asian continent, LOL. :-D

Thanks again!

John

• I have a couple questions for you guys at HBG feel free to ignore any questions if you like I’m just curious about things.

First: Is there going to be a 2nd Russian set?

Second: Is there going to be a 2nd UK set? If so will the Gloster Meteor be part of said set?

Third: What set is coming after the first UK set?

Fourth: Are there any plans for a Lend Lease set? Various American and UK units other Allied powers colors. French shermans and P-39 aircobras come to mind here

Finally: Is there any chance you guys could be less awesome?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m