HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Thanks Knp. Might just do that.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@knp7765:

@koba:

A tank busting Stuka with 37 mm guns would be cool too.

That piece is shown in the Kursk set. Look under “boxed games”. There’s also an Elefant Tank Destroyer and a KV-1 Tank.

Definitely, will have to consider getting that game. Thanks for the info. :-)

• Customizer

HBG has a few games in the works. I think the next one planned will be Midway.
    There is another called “Plan Orange” which covers a great naval conflict between the US and Japan in the 1930s that of course never came about. Apparently there were to be interesting ship classes that never actually got built. In the pictures to the side, they show a couple of Japanese battleship models that were planned but never built as well as the Kaga aircraft carrier with 3 flight decks. I would like to see that one, not only the sculpt but that would have been a really cool ship to see for real. I wonder how a 3 deck carrier would have worked. Just imagine the elevator system that would have to be in place.

@knp7765:

HBG has a few games in the works. I think the next one planned will be Midway.
    There is another called “Plan Orange” which covers a great naval conflict between the US and Japan in the 1930s that of course never came about. Apparently there were to be interesting ship classes that never actually got built. In the pictures to the side, they show a couple of Japanese battleship models that were planned but never built as well as the Kaga aircraft carrier with 3 flight decks. I would like to see that one, not only the sculpt but that would have been a really cool ship to see for real. I wonder how a 3 deck carrier would have worked. Just imagine the elevator system that would have to be in place.

Midway, is the one I’m interested in, but may consider the other. The German and Russian board game, I am interested, as well as the Civil War. Lots of great stuff, HBG has in the works.

Hopefully, someday, my Vietnam game, will be made as well. :-D

• Customizer

Maybe I’m imagining it, but I think there’s a Japanese Battleship/Carrier, AKA a battleship with a flight deck. That’s a cool if not impractical vessel.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

Maybe I’m imagining it, but I think there’s a Japanese Battleship/Carrier, AKA a battleship with a flight deck. That’s a cool if not impractical vessel.

No, you are not imagining it. There were two battleship/carrier hybrids; the Ise and the Hyuga. They came about after the devastating loss of 4 fleet carriers at Midway. Japan was desperately trying to make up for the lost carriers. It was a novel idea, but I don’t think either one of the ships worked out very well.

• @knp7765:

No, you are not imagining it. There were two battleship/carrier hybrids; the Ise and the Hyuga. They came about after the devastating loss of 4 fleet carriers at Midway. Japan was desperately trying to make up for the lost carriers. It was a novel idea, but I don’t think either one of the ships worked out very well.

I likewise don’t recall those two hybrids being very successful.  Battleships and aircraft carriers are too different to be amalgamated into a single ship serving both purposes.  The WWI-era HMS Furious, as originally completed, had even worse problems because it tried to combine features from four different ship types: the size and speed of a battlecruiser, the light hull construction and thin armour of a light cruiser, a carrier-type flying-off deck, and an 18-inch twin-gun battleship turret comparable to the three-gun 18.1-inch turrets used on the Yamato in WWII.  It turned out to be a lemon; the hull was so lightly constructed and its main guns were so powerful that sheared rivet heads would fall from the ship every time a salvo was fired.  The Royal Navy eventually cut its losses and converted it to a full carrier.

• Customizer

Guys,

––I remember HBG had some time ago announced their future “Tank-Busting Stuka” to be in their future “KURSK” game, so here’s a pic. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

HBG JU-87G Tank-Buster.jpg

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Slated for 2015

ise-1944-014.jpg

@coachofmany:

Slated for 2015

The detail on that computer model is incredible. Hope the physical process retains it all. Nice piece!

• cool…

• @LHoffman:

The detail on that computer model is incredible.

Agreed – with that much detail, it would look good even if it was produced as a much bigger sculpt.  Looking forward to its release!

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Slated for 2015

What set will it be in? One of the Global Expansion sets or the upcoming boxed games?

• A global war expansion set.@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Slated for 2015

What set will it be in? One of the Global Expansion sets or the upcoming boxed games?

@sophiedog2:

A global war expansion set.@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Slated for 2015

Global War (Pacific) Expansion Set

• @coachofmany:

@sophiedog2:

A global war expansion set.@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

Slated for 2015

Global War (Pacific) Expansion Set

pacific as in island war, or a new expansion?

• Customizer

Coach, Is there any reason why HBG and company has not produced a B-29 besides the Shapeways version? I do like the Shapeways units but frankly I’m not all that eager to deal with them.

• @toblerone77:

Coach, Is there any reason why HBG and company has not produced a B-29 besides the Shapeways version? I do like the Shapeways units but frankly I’m not all that eager to deal with them.

Maybe in allied super weapons.

@toblerone77:

coming in Spring 2015

• Customizer

@ Coach,

I missed the pre-order for UK but just got some delivered today. I must say, THOSE PIECES ARE FANTASTIC SIR! The pictures do not do them justice I think they are even better than the recent Japanese and German sets and those were great too! I splurged and pre-ordered a few US sets too. We now will soon have armored cars for everyone LOL. The whole line-up for that set is going to be awesome.

As for the B-29, thank you, thank you, thank you. I have wanted a B-29 forever. I have the old TT ones but well….HBG does it better LOL.

Nice Work Sir!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m