HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• yeah i missed out on pre-ordering UK pieces so I’m also going to have to get them soon. With everything seeming to get pushed back, I’m thinking about getting a neutral set in like a yellow or something to be Vichy French stand ins also. I’ve been trying to wait till the French set is released.

• Customizer

Dudes! You got to find some way to set some cash aside so you are ready for those pre-orders. For one thing, you guarantee yourselves some sets and save a little at the same time.
    What I do is sell some old stuff on eBay and only accept payment through Paypal. That money is specifically for my gaming pieces. Sometimes I will use a little for small orders from HBG or other small things, but most of it simply sits there until the next pre-order comes up and then I’m ready.
    This has worked very well for me for a while now. Of course, there may come the day when I don’t have anything to sell on eBay and I may have to dip into my actual money, but I’ll cross that bridge when it comes.

• '12

Its odd to me that, someone dont have 30 bucks o buy 3 sets,

• We live pay check to pay check and the only time we have money to spend is at tax time. Without going into to much more details that’s the story.

• Customizer

I bought 11 UK sets in three colors after the pre order. I usually by 5-10 in each color each time a set comes out. The main reason I’ve held back a bit on this UK set is because I bought tons of the US supplemental sets in celery, tan and Aussie gray to beef up thier units.

It’s going to cost me about $210 to get my new UK/Commonwealth forces to where I want them to be.

As for your idea knp that is a good one. However I like my OOB pieces and they will also work for other WWII games I have.

Lastly I just bought a ton of acrylic markers for my custom rules and variants.

@Yavid. Yes I know what you mean about the finances. Mine are way better now but during the Amerika and new UK preorders it was during a time when I really needed to “tighten my belt” so to speak and didn’t have a lot of disposable income. Hope things get better for you soon.

• @toblerone77:

I bought 11 UK sets in three colors after the pre order. I usually by 5-10 in each color each time a set comes out. The main reason I’ve held back a bit on this UK set is because I bought tons of the US supplemental sets in celery, tan and Aussie gray to beef up thier units.

It’s going to cost me about $210 to get my new UK/Commonwealth forces to where I want them to be.

As for your idea knp that is a good one. However I like my OOB pieces and they will also work for other WWII games I have.

Lastly I just bought a ton of acrylic markers for my custom rules and variants.

@Yavid. Yes I know what you mean about the finances. Mine are way better now but during the Amerika and new UK preorders it was during a time when I really needed to “tighten my belt” so to speak and didn’t have a lot of disposable income. Hope things get better for you soon.

TY very much, I normally order once a year and only ever order 2 sets of the color I need, and pick up separate pieces as they are needed. So I’m going to be ordering 2 UK sets in UK tan and 2 UK sets in ANZAC grey. I would like to get a set to be Communist China but can’t seem to pick a color.

• Coach,
    I was looking at the newest US set to pre-order and I was wondering. There’s 4 aircraft listed in the set but when you look at the pic of the units there’s 5 aircraft. So the question is what’s the 5th aircraft?

• Customizer

@Yavid:

Coach,
    I was looking at the newest US set to pre-order and I was wondering. There’s 4 aircraft listed in the set but when you look at the pic of the units there’s 5 aircraft. So the question is what’s the 5th aircraft?

Yavid, I can answer this. The 5th plane is the F6F Hellcat. Those were a very limited extra unit only available for pre-orders up to October 31st. Pre-orders after Oct 31 do not get the Hellcats, but they still get an extra 2 Sherman tanks.
    Remember with the UK sets, Pre-Orders could get the 2 Sexton self-propelled artillery pieces but they would not be available after the pre-orders?
    Well, this is not official but rather my own supposition, but I think the F6F fighters are in the same category as the Sextons. They were limited available for the pre-orders up to 10/31 and after that they would not be available again.
    Just another reason I try to jump on the pre-orders as soon as they come up. I like getting those extra special limited units. The only problem is then it seems like such a loooong wait.

• @knp7765:

@Yavid:

Coach,

Yavid, I can answer this. The 5th plane is the F6F Hellcat. Those were a very limited extra unit only available for pre-orders up to October 31st. Pre-orders after Oct 31 do not get the Hellcats, but they still get an extra 2 Sherman tanks.
    Remember with the UK sets, Pre-Orders could get the 2 Sexton self-propelled artillery pieces but they would not be available after the pre-orders?
    Well, this is not official but rather my own supposition, but I think the F6F fighters are in the same category as the Sextons. They were limited available for the pre-orders up to 10/31 and after that they would not be available again.
    Just another reason I try to jump on the pre-orders as soon as they come up. I like getting those extra special limited units. The only problem is then it seems like such a loooong wait.

Ok I got 2 Japanese Jet Fighters because I pre-ordered it

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@Yavid:

Coach,

Haha Yeah I was in the “Hellcat TD camp. Not F6F Hellcat”. To find out I was wrong was an awesome surprise.

• Customizer

@ Coach any new news on American sets as well as Amerika the board game?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@toblerone77:

Amerika plastic just finished, boxing up and getting ready to send to us.
    U.S. pieces just went through test mold phase and should be sending me the plastic trial run for me to approve and start mass production.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

Amerika plastic just finished, boxing up and getting ready to send to us.
    U.S. pieces just went through test mold phase and should be sending me the plastic trial run for me to approve and start mass production.

TY Coach for the info.

• '12

So will they start shipping in Feb or later coach?

• Customizer

Coach,

Have you ever considered contacting Neil Schuck of the Meeples and Miniatures podcast? He specializes in miniature war games, board games and rules sets for historical and fantasy games. I’m sure he’d be interested in talking to HBG and your products as well as your experiences in the miniatures market. He recently posted a Kickstarter project; The Great War designed with Richard Borg and his Commands and Colors system, with pieces manufactured by Plastic Soldier Company. I believe he will be interviewing the people behind this game in one of his next podcasts.

He’s (Neil Schuck) based out of the UK which is one of the world’s largest producers of game miniatures. However he frequently explores games coming out of the American market. It would be a great way for HBG to expand your audience and perhaps open up to new markets and customers.

• Customizer

Just wondering if there is any progress on the US Expansion set.

• '12

Can someone plz tell us whats the status of the us set? I personally doesnt like it when someone asks for it, and 12 das later there is still no reply.

• I think the US set is in production.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

We are waiting on them right after the Amerika pieces are due in.
    For some reason , our pieces have slowed way down. We are trying to expedite the 2 sets.

@georgemak1:

Can someone plz tell us whats the status of the us set? I personally doesnt like it when someone asks for it, and 12 das later there is still no reply.

• Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m