HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• @Yavid:

@Yavid:

I for one would like to see French set next, to me it’s an aspa. Then Russian there’s tons of good options there. not really sure of a 3rd set after that. I can list enough Russian pieces that it would take 2 sets to do them all. Facilities i can’t wait for too.

Speaking of which… Coach is there any kind of time line in place for the French set?

I’d like to know that too. It’s actually been the set I’ve most been looking forward to ever since it first appeared on HBG’s website!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

I for one would like to see French set next, to me it’s an aspa. Then Russian there’s tons of good options there. not really sure of a 3rd set after that. I can list enough Russian pieces that it would take 2 sets to do them all. Facilities i can’t wait for too.

Speaking of which… Coach is there any kind of time line in place for the French set?

German Set 3 is in final stage,
    1936 Base Set (Militia Factories, TBD, Cavalry, etc)
    French Set

• @coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

French Set

Third on the list doesn’t look too bad. When could we expect that set to be available then, give or take a few months?

• @Koningstiger:

@coachofmany:

@Yavid:

@Yavid:

French Set

Third on the list doesn’t look too bad. When could we expect that set to be available then, give or take a few months?

My guess is another year of waiting.

• Customizer

I really want the French set too.  But I also really want the Germany 3 set.  And I want the Facilities set (although that one is least on my wants).
    I’d like to see more Russian pieces.
    I’d like to see a British expansion set.
    I’d love to see an HBG made Italian set because I like HBG’s Italian Brown color better.
    There are a lot of games in the works that I’m sure many of you are chomping at the bit to see.  Like how about the extra pieces that will be available in the Kursk game? New examples of German and Soviet armor not already available to us through current sets.
    Or the ships that will be made with Plan Orange. Ship designs that never actually got built but were thought of.
    Plus all the different acrylic markers and all the rules to incorporate them into already existing games.
    I’m just saying all of this takes time and the guys at HBG are not just making new sets. They are doing a whole lot of things all at once and remember, there is only 2 or 3 guys there.
    Plus, even with just making the sets, it takes time to design all the different sculpts and get them just the right size with all the perfect detail we have come to demand of them. Then to work things out with the guys in China and get them made just right and then get them into mass production. Yes, they have a good relationship with the guys in China as is evidenced by the great sets and games we already have, but it still takes time. I might add that the guys in China aren’t game freaks like the guys at HBG.  To them it’s just a business thing.  So even though they are professional and good businessmen, I would still think there may be a little “lost in translation” thing going.
    I mean, imagine someone trying to explain something to you that they are passionate about but you could care less for. It’s just another job for you. Don’t you think it might be hard for you to understand they way they do?
    I’m just saying please everyone have patience and we will all get the sets and games that we are waiting for. They will come, it just takes time. I’m saying this and believe me, I’m an impatient bastard. For me, April seems SO far off. But we all got to suck it up and be patient.
    Coach started this company because he himself had a passion for gaming and saw a void that needed to be filled and, luckily for the rest of us, had the resources, drive, time and patient wife to start up HBG. Since then he has filled that void rather nicely and gone far beyond what he started out to do. The simple game of Axis & Allies has expanded beyond our wildest dreams of just 5 years ago.
    So please everyone just be patient and wait your turn.  My biggest fear is that if we bug him too much, the passion he started out with will start to die and this becomes “just a job” for him. That would be tragic on so many levels.
    I am totally confident we will all eventually get the pieces, sets and games we have been waiting for.  And until then, we already got a lot of good stuff to play with.

• Customizer

Regarding the proposed Civil War game, do HBG need to produce anything other than ships in terms of plastic pieces?

Who doesn’t already have plenty of infantry, cavalry and artillery for this conflict; yet we lack warships and ironclads entirely.

I would also be in the market for generic ship models for the ancient, medieval and sailing ship eras. As well as space marines, aliens and starships of course.

I don’t want to think the company believes it needs to produce entire games in order to make it worthwhile  expanding into new periods of history.

I want basic Napoleonic ships far more than I need 23 different types of Italian tank in 8 new shades of brown.

• Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

@bfalbo04:

Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

Not too long but adding the other colors are very expensive. let me get the first two colors then we will rerun the mold for the others.

• Customizer

If/When you run the Germany 3 set in other Axis Minor colors, will the Lutzow Class Pocket Battleships be available?

@knp7765:

If/When you run the Germany 3 set in other Axis Minor colors, will the Lutzow Class Pocket Battleships be available?

Sure

• Customizer

I’d like to suggest another completely new piece type - the army marker.

Something along the lines of the Mighty Empires “Banners”, but with a wider range of periods and themes.

These are used to mark the position on the game map of army groups, legions, hordes etc while the pieces are held on a corresponding card.

Each piece need a line of infantry (shields facing outward for painting), a mounted commander and a flag for easy customization.

I suggest:

Greek
    Persian
    Roman
    Barbarian (Germanic)
    Celtic
    Huns
    Parthians
    Viking (ship pieces)
    High Medieval (chainmail)
    Late Medieval (plate armour)
    16th century
    17th century
    Napoleonic
    US Civil War
    WWI
    WWII

A range of printed flags would complement the range.

Banners.jpg

• Coach I was looking to get a bunch of Stug IIIs and Hummels in all of the colors. Will there be more in stock soon?

@bfalbo04:

Coach I was looking to get a bunch of Stug IIIs and Hummels in all of the colors. Will there be more in stock soon?

not at this time

• Customizer

Are the new German pieces close to being delivered?

• Customizer

Can we get an update on the Germany 3 set?

• Customizer

Can we get an update on the Germany 3 set?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah the lack of info for months is disconcerting.

• '16

@LHoffman:

Yeah the lack of info for months is disconcerting.

Indeed. Would prefer to be kept in the loop rather than wonder and wonder.
    Good news or bad news.

So, HBG. What happened to the German Set #3 that we’ve pre-ordered?
    Any response would suffice, guys, even a vague, non-informative one at this point!

Guys, they said on facebook, it would be in a few weeks. That is all I know at this time.

@John:

Guys, they said on facebook, it would be in a few weeks. That is all I know at this time.

Are you the official HBG emissary?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m