HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Customizer

@Tall:

**What a GREAT SET! :-o
    I’m glad I’ve already got my 6 sets orderred

Tall Paul**

Hmmm… Just 6 sets? Amateur! I have 10 sets in Dark Green and 15 sets in Olive Drab. I am KING of the Gaming Pieces! AAAAAAHH HA HA HA HA HAAAaaaa!

The US set looks fabulous. At first glance I thought the M3 Halftrack looked a little big too. I’m glad that Coach already noticed that himself and has got a handle on it. Don’t want an oddly huge Halftrack. That is one thing I was against with the FMG failed German set. Jeremy planned on making the SdKfz 251 Halftrack and Opel Blitz truck almost the same size as the King Tiger tank. That was really a turn off for me, but the rest of the set looked so great, I was still going to get them.
    I’m so glad Coach decided on small halftracks and trucks in his sets. I just think they look so much better.

• @LHoffman:

Montana > Iowa/S. Dakota/N. Carolina > Nevada

The Iowa class was actually closer in length (887 feet) to the projected Montana class (920 feet) than to the South Dakota (680 feet) and Nortn Carolina (729) classes.  The size difference between the Iowas and the two earlier classes had to do with their high-speed design, which required a finer hull and more engine room space, this being accomplished through greater overall length and a slender prow, which gave the ships their distinctive bottle shape.  The Montanas, which were more traditional designs that emphasized firepower and protection over speed, were more similar in their proportions to the South Dakota and Nortn Carolina classes than to the Iowas, but were nevertheless longer than any of those other classes because their design was completely unconstrained by any treaty limitations, the oubreak of the war having put an end to the Washington and London Treaties.

• @knp7765:

The US set looks fabulous.

I agree totally, and like the other folks here I’m greatly looking forward to all these new goodies.

• Customizer

Guys,

@knp7765:

@Tall:

**What a GREAT SET! :-o
    I’m glad I’ve already got my 6 sets orderred

Tall Paul**

Hmmm… Just 6 sets? Amateur! I have 10 sets in Dark Green and 15 sets in Olive Drab. I am KING of the Gaming Pieces! AAAAAAHH HA HA HA HA HAAAaaaa!
    ––I bow to the “King”. I know this is only in jest, but since I’m not a true “piece junkie” I simply try and strike a balance between my original pre-order for sets, and a re-order later when I can increase the number of specific units that I want/need more of. Besides, IMHO I think twelve is more than enough of the South Dakota Battleship! And by the time my units are detailed, painted, decalled, magnetized, and shipped around several times each unit’s cost is now multiplied by about 10X.
    ----"Hail to the King, and GOD BLESS HBG!
    Tall Paul

• I work all the time on it, either designing markers, games, banners, units, models, website, etc plus my other guys who work on things. We have the next 3 years mapped out, now we just need to hit the lottery to make everything!
    I presumed.your gonna make money now!

• Customizer

Hey Tall Paul,
    Well, I don’t detail and paint my pieces like you do. Just don’t have the time or patience for it and I’m just fine with the molded color.
    Yeah, you are probably right that 12 is more than enough for your battleships. I allow for 20 each for capital ships in my gaming sets. The main reason I order so many sets is to get more of the troops, tanks, planes and such. It gives me more capital ships than I need, so I usually will sell the excess on eBay. There always seems to be someone out there that will want them and it helps make back a little of the money I spend on the sets.

For anyone that is interested, here is a listing of pieces in my gaming sets that I have replaced the OOB with HBG units.
    SOVIET UNION
    T-34 > T-34/76
    ZIS-42 Halftrack > GAZ-60 Halftrack
    Petlyakov PE-8 Heavy Bomber > Ilyushin IL-4 Medium Bomber
    GERMANY
    Panther > Panzer III
    SdKfz 251 Halftrack > SdKfz 251 Halftrack
    JAPAN
    Type 95 > Type 97 Shinhoto Medium Tank
    Type 1 Halftrack > Type 1 Halftrack
    Type 92 Howitzer > Type 89 Artillery
    A6M2 Zero > KI-43 Oscar
    D3A Val > D3A Val
    Fubuki DD > Kagero DD
    Takao CA > Mogami CA
    Yamato BB > Nagato BB
    Shinano CV > Kaga CV
    UNITED STATES
    Sherman > M4A1 Sherman (from Marines Set)
    P-38 Lightning > P-51 Mustang
    SBD Dauntless > Avenger Torpedo Bomber
    B-17 Heavy Bomber > B-25 Mitchell Medium Bomber
    Iowa BB > Nevada BB
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Matilda II > Valentine
    Priest > Ram Kangaroo
    25 pounder artillery > 25 pounder Artillery
    Mosquito > Barracuda
    Royal Oak BB > King George V BB
    Illustrious CV > Ark Royal CV

I thought that I had replaced more German pieces, but most of the German pieces we have gotten so far have not really been replacements for OOB but more like additions to the current game (SP Artillery, Heavy Bombers, Jet Fighters, etc.) I imagine this will change once the Axis Minors 2 set gets here. I imagine there will be more changes for the US when we get the US Expansion sets as well.

• Customizer

Hey everyone, I got my tan and ANZAC grey British pieces today. There are some really cool pieces here. I was really impressed by the King George V battleships. Again, HBG has managed to match the OOB colors almost exactly. Here’s a couple of pics with the new units, the US Supplement sets and OOB pieces.

DSC05025.JPG
    DSC05026.JPG

• Customizer

1 > here’s a pic comparing the new BB and CV with some other HBG ships and OOB ships.

2 > here is the variety of aircraft we have from HBG. Transports, Heavy Bombers, Medium Bombers, Tactical Bombers, Torpedo Bombers and Fighters.

DSC05027.JPG
    DSC05028.JPG

• Customizer

1 > Here’s a comparison pic of SP Artillery, Tank Destroyers and Armored Cars.

2 > Here’s a comparison pic of Heavy Tanks, Medium Tanks and Light Tanks.

DSC05029.JPG
    DSC05030.JPG

• Customizer

Here is a pic I thought might be interesting. I decided to compare some of the OOB artillery and mechanized infantry units to the new HBG units. The German and Japanese HBG artillery units are really considered “Heavy” artillery units so that is probably not a fair comparison.
    As for the Mechanized Infantry units, I think the HBG units are a marked upgrade to the OOB units. The German, Japanese and ANZAC mechs are the same class of unit as the OOB units, just with much greater detail. As for the British OOB mech, I never really liked it much. Kind of blocky and ugly looking. The HBG Ram Kangaroo looks much nicer.

DSC05031.JPG

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

@LHoffman:

Montana > Iowa/S. Dakota/N. Carolina > Nevada

The Iowa class was actually closer in length (887 feet) to the projected Montana class (920 feet) than to the South Dakota (680 feet) and Nortn Carolina (729) classes.  The size difference between the Iowas and the two earlier classes had to do with their high-speed design, which required a finer hull and more engine room space, this being accomplished through greater overall length and a slender prow, which gave the ships their distinctive bottle shape.  The Montanas, which were more traditional designs that emphasized firepower and protection over speed, were more similar in their proportions to the South Dakota and Nortn Carolina classes than to the Iowas, but were nevertheless longer than any of those other classes because their design was completely unconstrained by any treaty limitations, the oubreak of the war having put an end to the Washington and London Treaties.

Yes, that is true. However, we are talking the scheme of HBG sizing here, which is not necessarily based on actual dimensions.

• Customizer

I was just on the HBG site and couldn’t fine the Global War Expansion sets. Is Coach reworking the site? How soon will they be back?

@MidnightExpress:

Just checking to see if all UK pre-orders have been sent out yet. I have not received mine.

No, they haven’t, because I haven’t got any of mine, as well.

• Customizer

It took them a little longer to QC the Blonde and Celery Green units. I made a big order and mine was sent out in 2 parts. I got my tan and ANZAC grey units last week. The others just shipped so I should be getting them in the next day or so. I would imagine everyone will be getting their pre-orders sometime this week.
    Coach just wants to make sure we all get a good quality product and correct piece count.

• Mine are on the way and should arrive in the next few days.

@knp7765:

It took them a little longer to QC the Blonde and Celery Green units. I made a big order and mine was sent out in 2 parts. I got my tan and ANZAC grey units last week. The others just shipped so I should be getting them in the next day or so. I would imagine everyone will be getting their pre-orders sometime this week.
    Coach just wants to make sure we all get a good quality product and correct piece count.

Thanks knp for the info. All, but one of my colors is shipping out today. :-)

• Great pics Knp. Is there only one Swordfish?
    I hope I get mine from Germany. I thought I preordered, but  no money has been taken yet.
    Will check the site and my account tomorrow. I might have messed up!

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Great pics Knp. Is there only one Swordfish?
    I hope I get mine from Germany. I thought I preordered, but  no money has been taken yet.
    Will check the site and my account tomorrow. I might have messed up!

There is 2 Swordfish in each set. I just used one of each color for comparisons.
    I got my Blonde and Celery Green sets today. More pics to follow when I have time to play with them.

• Thought it weird. Thank you.
    I do hope I preordered my one set properly. I like getting those two free units!

• Customizer

Coach,

Are the UK sets available for purchase? Couldn’t afford to do a mass pre-order this time.

Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m