HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@toblerone77:

Hey Coach. If you don’t mind answering, can you say about where the pre-orders are at as far as how many have been shipped? I think I’m not sure how many people ordered before I ordered mine but I’m salivating to get my hands on them. Anyways the models look great and I’m green with envy for you guys that have yours.

PS. Thanks Doug to you and the HBG crew and all your hard work!

We are well over halfway, probably be finished in 2 weeks or less.

• @coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

Hey Coach. If you don’t mind answering, can you say about where the pre-orders are at as far as how many have been shipped? I think I’m not sure how many people ordered before I ordered mine but I’m salivating to get my hands on them. Anyways the models look great and I’m green with envy for you guys that have yours.

PS. Thanks Doug to you and the HBG crew and all your hard work!

We are well over halfway, probably be finished in 2 weeks or less.

Does that include the orders placed in Europe which are to be distributed by the German subsidiary?

• Should I order from the states? I understood that Germany was no longer supplying. I am in England.
    Thanks.

• @wittmann:

Should I order from the states? I understood that Germany was no longer supplying. I am in England.
    Thanks.

I ordered the US units and the German units from there and will be placing an order there soon for the Global '36 map along with the player aids and have been corresponding with the guy in charge there as recently as two days ago, so that would really come as a surprise to me as I’ve heard nothing to that effect…

• Thanks. I have ordered twice from there over the last 18 months, but another Englishman said he was taking time  off for a while. I hope that time has passed!
    Will try and find his email address again.

@wittmann:

Thanks. I have ordered twice from there over the last 18 months, but another Englishman said he was taking time  off for a while. I hope that time has passed!
    Will try and find his email address again.

Germay site is still open, Delaja has had several medical issues with his wife and new child with near death issues. I am very prayerful for him and his family but it does seem that they are climbing out of the health issues. Right now, only the US site has the 1936 map, he will soon have the US sets after we fill all the Pre-orders.

• Great to know.
    And I, too,  am sorry to hear he has had problems. He seemed a good guy from what I could gather from his emails.
    Thanks for the information.

• Customizer

Doug,

Have you and the guys ever thought of using Youtube and other forums to advertise some of your already existing product? Many of your battle markers and tokens would be gobbled up by Flames of War and Bolt Action players. I think a demo of HBG minis being used for Memoir '44 battles would also be a boon to your sales. Lastly there are players who play other games that may become interested in Global War when they see what they might be missing out on.

I listen to several podcasts in different genres of war gaming. They frequently point their listeners to small companies that make accessories or custom minis simply because they love the product. Often, (like HBG) the smaller companies they advertise or mention make a less expensive and superior product to the OOB pieces and accessories.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@toblerone77:

Doug,

Have you and the guys ever thought of using Youtube and other forums to advertise some of your already existing product? Many of your battle markers and tokens would be gobbled up by Flames of War and Bolt Action players. I think a demo of HBG minis being used for Memoir '44 battles would also be a boon to your sales. Lastly there are players who play other games that may become interested in Global War when they see what they might be missing out on.

I listen to several podcasts in different genres of war gaming. They frequently point their listeners to small companies that make accessories or custom minis simply because they love the product. Often, (like HBG) the smaller companies they advertise or mention make a less expensive and superior product to the OOB pieces and accessories.

I would second this. Particularly in regards to price. Most miniature games use metal models and are far more expensive than HBG’s plastic ones. I don’t know of any other company in the business of making A&A scale plastic sculpts for WWII. HBG makes a very attractive and affordable product in a niche market that can be quite expensive for quality miniatures.

• @LHoffman:

@toblerone77:

Doug,

True and I would also like to restate my point that even though I agree that the French set will not have high priority for some for use in A&A or one of ots variants due to the limited time most of these units will actually be on the board, they are truly looked forward to by others who would (also) like to use them e.g. for memoir '44. Words to that effect (“and for use in other miniature games”) can even be found on HBG’s home page. I saw the French set on HBG’s site many years ago and have been anxiously awaiting it since, so I’m hoping it’ll see the light of day in 2016 or 2017!

I would second this. Particularly in regards to price. Most miniature games use metal models and are far more expensive than HBG’s plastic ones. I don’t know of any other company in the business of making A&A scale plastic sculpts for WWII. HBG makes a very attractive and affordable product in a niche market that can be quite expensive for quality miniatures.

@toblerone77:

Doug,

I would love to find someone who would do this for us and work out pay in trade or work out something where we do not spend too much money. We are doing some videos for 1936 and plan on doing more but I agree we need to do a better job showing our product. If you know someone interested in doing this have them PM me.
    Thanks

I finally got a chance, to just look at the new US set. I just got it yesterday. Coach, this set is truly awesome. My favorites, are the ships. The details on these are incredible. Great job on this set.

Cannot wait for the German, French and Facility sets and the colors that they come in. :-D

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

Doug,

I would love to find someone who would do this for us and work out pay in trade or work out something where we do not spend too much money. We are doing some videos for 1936 and plan on doing more but I agree we need to do a better job showing our product. If you know someone interested in doing this have them PM me.
    Thanks

While I am no expert I have some suggestions and ideas that would cost you very little or nothing at all. I am feeling very much under the weather at the moment but I would be happy to PM you when I’m feeling better.

• Customizer

I must say of the recent HBG sets this US set is my favorite. I was “meh” about the B-24. Once I opened up those little bags though I thought WOW! It looks great along with B-17 and all the other US planes.

• Got my set(s) of Americans today! They look AWESOME!!! Great job HBG & I am looking forward to your future products!

Regarding the subject of upcoming sets… I would cast a vote for an exclusively Italian one.

Lots of potential for an Italian set. Of the main Six participants in G40/GW39, Italy is the only one that has not yet received its own set.

I realize that HBG sells the FMG Italian units, which I already have, but most of these are listed as “Out of Stock” on the website. Not to mention that the ships are sub-par compared to what HBG can design and produce. I would very much like to see an Italian set sometime in the near future. Definitely over a French set, but that is my two cents.

• I would cast a vote for a Russian set, since they’re due for something now, and definitely the French set.

I want the French, Italian and Russian Sets. :-D

• Me too

• Customizer

I understand how you guys are feeling.
    France – I am really wanting the French to have their own units. Really don’t care for the blue Soviet pieces.
    Russia – I would like to see some more Russian units, like perhaps some navy and later war planes.
    Italy – I really want some HBG produced Italian units.  The FMG Italians were great but since they got ripped off and that project got cancelled, I just don’t care to use the FMG units. They are too dark in color and there is no other country units to work with them.

Still, I don’t mind waiting.  HBG will get to these eventually I’m sure. I am really looking forward to the Germany 3 set. I know we already have a lot of German units, but this set really has some cool pieces. I’m most excited for the Panzer IV, Panther, Pocket Battleship and Infantry in Greatcoat. Lots of possible uses for these.
    Plus, while some of these are re-dos of OOB parts (Panther, Stuka, Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin), we all know HBGs version will look so much better, plus we can get them in dark grey OR black as we wish.  OOB is only in black.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m