HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Good catch Marc. I didn’t even see that.

Discussion started on a different thread because supposedly there is voting going on, but I haven’t really seen any. Here at least.

• '12

What I personally see is, they are working on everything else than finishing the set we already put our money a year and a half ago. I won’t preordering anything until I receive the stuff that I already preorder. Also it conflicts with the info above that they already work on too many projects that why there is a delay on the current preorders. I remember a couple years ago, they told us, there isn’t going to be a preorder option till the set is 2-3 months away from being released. You can throw that out of the window.

• '12

The newsletter that was released from HBG says that the us set will start shipping sometime in early November , let’s hope they are no more delays.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@georgemak1:

What I personally see is, they are working on everything else than finishing the set we already put our money a year and a half ago. I won’t preordering anything until I receive the stuff that I already preorder. Also it conflicts with the info above that they already work on too many projects that why there is a delay on the current preorders. I remember a couple years ago, they told us, there isn’t going to be a preorder option till the set is 2-3 months away from being released. You can throw that out of the window.

We are working on items that we can, we have NO control of the Chinese factory so instead of doing nothing, we choose to develop other items in the meantime. As you have noticed, we have not asked for pre-order on other items until “Amerika” and U.S. sets start shipping.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

We are working on items that we can, we have NO control of the Chinese factory so instead of doing nothing, we choose to develop other items in the meantime. As you have noticed, we have not asked for pre-order on other items until “Amerika” and U.S. sets start shipping.

––Doug,…I continue my support of you and HBG in your efforts to bring more FUN to us A&A gamers. I’m even more understanding because I realize that ALL of the delays have been by the Chinese factories and out of your control. I can only hope that the A&A gamers would develope a more mature attitude towards these real life international business transactions. I can see that you are doing everything in your power to keep production going and I also think it’s very smart of you to not accept pre-orders of items until you know they are definately “in the pipieline” in order to minimize having anyone claiming “sour grapes”. I stand behind y’all and I’m ready to receive my Amerika game & American sets whenever they are ready.

Tall Paul

• '12

By calling someone immature cause he wants to find out what happened to his hard working money while getting conflicting info is immature of his own. If you notice I posted right under my post when I saw the newsletter. That was good enough for me. I saw ppl asking him on fb and here without getting a reply. I never said I won’t support him, Doug can probably pull my order info out,  I spent a lot of money there, and I still will, I just feel Doug didn’t communicate properly regarding this set. I’m not here to argue but I hope I got my point across

• Customizer

@georgemak1:

By calling someone immature cause he wants to find out what happened to his hard working money while getting conflicting info is immature of his own. If you notice I posted right under my post when I saw the newsletter. That was good enough for me. I saw ppl asking him on fb and here without getting a reply. I never said I won’t support him, Doug can probably pull my order info out,  I spent a lot of money there, and I still will, I just feel Doug didn’t communicate properly regarding this set. I’m not here to argue but I hope I got my point across

––Sir,…I didn’t call anyone “immature”,…I only wanted EVERYONE to understand the real world situaion(s) and the reasons behind them NOT being of HBG’s doing or in it’s control. I wasn’t directing my comments specifically towards you, but ALL of the A&A gamers. I hope we are “good”.

Tall Paul

After examining the new Global War map a little more closely last night, I became more and more comfortable with it. I already liked the style a lot (big improvement over the 1st Ed.) but the map made more sense after zooming in and looking at it for a while. I wish China and the Asia-Pacific coast were larger, but I can only assume HBG has reason for making it relatively small.

I am really looking forward to more information coming out about it; especially the rules. I am particularly interested in the difficult terrain aspect and the new convoy system. It appears that there are convoy routes drawn around the map.

Might have to ask for this for Christmas…  :roll:

HBG Newsletter from Sept. 30 for those interested…

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a9d6c9feeb404498732dab770&id=5adafb82dc

Since I am not on Facebook, I only periodically check the HBG site there and there is a lot of cool stuff going on. Somehow I missed this newsletter in my email… I usually get them, so I don’t know what happened. Not sure if anyone else was in that boat, so here it is. New pics for GW 1936 look amazing.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Sadly a lot of the newsletters we send out end up in Spam.
    We are trying to do a better job getting the news out. We will be on AAA.org more also.

@coachofmany:

Sadly a lot of the newsletters we send out end up in Spam.
    We are trying to do a better job getting the new out. We will be on AAA.org more also.

I try to keep up on things, but I like a pleasant surprise every now and then. Past email Newsletters have gone to my inbox, so I usually see them. I will have to check and see if it got to spam this time.

As for being on A&A.org more… I know it would help me a lot, since I am not on Facebook and get most of my product news here, but that is totally up to you guys. I don’t know what the better advertising route is. I spend the vast majority of my social media time here, so I get a little A&A-centric thinking that most of your customers are A&A.org members. Either way, keep up the good work and I always look forward to hearing about the latest toys from HBG.

• Customizer

LHoffman,
    Whenever I check my e-mail, I always take a look at what is in my SPAM folder just to make sure nothing that should have went to my Inbox went to Spam instead. Most of the time it’s all fine but occasionally something slips through.
    Also, I understand why you might have an aversion to getting on Facebook, but you might reconsider. HBG has some pretty cool pics of stuff they are developing there. Like pics of the first prototype sculpts for the new German set. I’m especially anxious for those.

@knp7765:

LHoffman,
    Whenever I check my e-mail, I always take a look at what is in my SPAM folder just to make sure nothing that should have went to my Inbox went to Spam instead. Most of the time it’s all fine but occasionally something slips through.
    Also, I understand why you might have an aversion to getting on Facebook, but you might reconsider. HBG has some pretty cool pics of stuff they are developing there. Like pics of the first prototype sculpts for the new German set. I’m especially anxious for those.

I check it once a month or so, but this time around I never got the email (EDIT: even in spam) which is what made me wonder if it even got sent out.

As for Facebook… I have had it in the past, a couple times, but have determined it really isn’t worth my time. Fortunately, HBG’s facebook page is public, so even if you do not have an account you can still view it. I just do not check it every day.

@LHoffman:

@knp7765:

LHoffman,

I check it once a month or so, but this time around I never got the email which is what made me wonder if it even got sent out.

As for Facebook… I have had it in the past, a couple times, but have determined it really isn’t worth my time. Fortunately, HBG’s facebook page is public, so even if you do not have an account you can still view it. I just do not check it every day.

I don’t have facebook either, but like you said, because it is public, I’m able to view it, but I also get the news letter as well, which is great. :-)

• Any news on the US sets?

• @bfalbo04:

Any news on the US sets?

The latest news about the new US set (HBG_WW2_USSet22 HBG “Battle Pieces” - WW2 United States Expansion Set) is in this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37006.0

Several people (myself included) received emails this week indicated that their sets have just been shipped.

• Good news Marc.
    I believe the European branch is non longer working, so I did not preorder from Germany this time. Enjoy them, when they arrive.

• '12

Yes I received an email with a tracking number yesterday too. Checked, they are arriving Thursday , can’t wait been waiting a long time, props to HBGcrew for another succeful set.

• Customizer

I got my shipping notice too.  Really looking forward to getting them.

Also have my pre-order for Germany 3. I know we’ve got till April on those, but I’m excited for them anyway.

• @wittmann:

Good news Marc.
    I believe the European branch is non longer working, so I did not preorder from Germany this time. Enjoy them, when they arrive.

I did ordr from Germany and got no indication they would not deliver for whatever reason??? Have regular e-mail contact with the person in charge.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m