• @Cmdr:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/axis-and-allies-50th-anniversary-edition-/140809044607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c8df827f

There, you can have your own copy.

better grab it quick cuz IM the one who is selling it…im just waiting for the 2nd editions of Europe and Pacific…

the game is in great shape and in excellent condition…

rjl518 is also lasdon518…so hurry and get it

• someone placed a bid on it…game closes on saturday

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have 7 copies…I dont need another one RJL. lol (yes, I have 2 copies for playing and 5 copies for collecting.  You want one?  $5,000 is the lowest offer I’ll entertain - but you get one of each of the Axis and Allies games in mint - still in the box - condition.)

:P

• Oh no…Commander, im just telling others who wanted a copy of the game, Ma’am!  Im sure a high ranking naval officer like yourself doesnt need so many copies of this great game.  I just cant wait for the 2nd editions of Europe and Pacific to be released in September.

• My vote is defiantly AA50, it can cover all players experience from first timer to master. The system is the stepping stone to G40, and some G40 rules can be house ruled into AA50 pretty easy. Tech is also the best, even if you tone it down a bit.

We are playing AA50 now for the first time in over a year (maybe 2). I bought and we played a couple games of the new 1942 II over last weekend. It was cool, but we thought why play the poor mans version when I have AA50. So in a way the 1942 II has re-sparked our interest in Anniversary. We are now in our 2nd game with tech (AA50 1942 set-up). We have tweaked a few things (borrowed from G40) like a straight rule, BB’s repair beginning of your next turn, tanks at 6 IPCs, and the new rules for AA guns. We are having a great time and will continue down this path for some time. It is a refreshing change from G40.

I think what I like the best is there are 2 set-ups in the same box for AA50. I would love if G40 came with a 1941 set-up in the reprint. I have played Oztea’s 41 set-up for global a couple times and to his credit it was quite cool. I think he may have went a little overboard with units in the set-up though (the box is nearly empty once you set-up LOL).

• The gap keeps getting bigger. Even if they don’t redo this game. I wish Larry would take some of these ideas like the tech rules and the multiple start dates and incorporate them into Global 40. It would be awesome if we had a 42 setup for global. I also wish each country had their national advantages like they had in Revised.

• @wittman:

I always thought so. Wanted it to be Global, because of its scale and scope, but have a problem with the Major Factory building of 10 units regardless of IPC value over 3  and a few other things.
    Anniversary’s inclusion of Italy makes it special for me as do the  2 start dates.
    Was also a wedding present.

a WEDDING present??! Oh, the irony!

• @GoSanchez6:

The gap keeps getting bigger. Even if they don’t redo this game. I wish Larry would take some of these ideas like the tech rules and the multiple start dates and incorporate them into Global 40. It would be awesome if we had a 42 setup for global. I also wish each country had their national advantages like they had in Revised.

i wish i had 50 but alas must make do with 42 2e. i am thinking of adding NA and Tech to our games, i just don’t want it to ofset the balance to badly. i am wondering what the national goals are that kick the NAs in, though? Also, what is the Tech system now? i just know original rules on that.

• After all the recent reprintings of the other versions and doing a new beginner type game in 1941 you would think when they get around to doing the next axis and allies project that they will try to do something closer to anniversary edition .

• Slackaveli, the tech is the same as old rules and continued in to Global, except research is not lost like it is in Global.
    NOs are:
    Germany: 5 if Axis control all of: France, NW, Germany, Hung, Rom and Poland.
                  5 if Axis control 3 of these: Baltic, E Poland, Ukraine, E Ukraine and Belorussia.
                  5 if Axis control either Karelia or Caucasus.
    Russia:    5 if Russia controls Archangel &no Allied units present onRussian controlled Territory
                10 if Allies control 3 of: Norway, Finland, Poland, Romania, Hung or Balkans.
    UK:         5 if Allies control E and W Canada, Gib, Egy, Aus and S Africa.
                  5 if Allies control any original Japanese territory.
                  5 if Allies control either FrNce or Balkans.
    Japan:     5 if control all: Manc, Kiangsu and French Indo- China.
                 5  if con 4 of: Kwant, EI, Borneo, Phil, New Guinea or Solomons.
                 5 if control one of: Hawaii, Aus or India.
    US.         5 if con all West, Central and Eastern US.
                 5 if con Philippines.
                 5 if Allies control France.
                 5 if control 3 of: Midway, Wake, Hawaii or Solomons.
    Italy:      Do you need this?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m