• Well, how much of a “HARDCORE” gamer are you?

I’m so hardcore I don’t just play games, I make them!
    I’m so hardcore I dream about being in the Games I play!

:lol:

spent the last 3 nights up till 4am doing dev work and play-testing on one of two game projects currently under development at the house, (my roommates and I have formed an ad-hoc game development group between the 3 floors at the house), the last night I had a dream that I was actually in one of the fictional countries from one of the games, I haven’t worked on them since!

• @Clyde85:

last night I had a dream that I was actually in one of the fictional countries from one of the games, I haven’t worked on them since!

You make it sound as if dreaming about the game you’re designing is a bad sign.  I think it shows that your creative gears are working effectively.  I once read that a certain composer – I think it was Schubert – used to dream about melodies, and that he slept with his glasses on because, if he had to grope for his glasses when he woke up, he would lose his train of thought before he could write down what he had composed in his sleep.

• @CWO:

You make it sound as if dreaming about the game you’re designing is a bad sign.  I think it shows that your creative gears are working effectively.

I suppose so, still though I could use a break and a few decent nights sleep. Its funny because it’s not the first game I’ve ever designed or even worked on but this recent one has required alot of thinking and attention. Making a game based around historical events is easy, relatively speaking, as the story and motivations of each player are already clearly defined and in some cases living relatives of people involved in that event, such as WW2. Building a war game based around a fictional world is much harder because you have to build everything about that world from the ground up.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I used to be interested in making an Axis & Allies type game for Star Trek during the Dominion War, but haven’t thought about it much for about 6 years (since high school). I still have all the materials and even made a map (based on the Star Trek Atlas) on the computer, but I sort of abandoned it. It was getting very complex.

Simplicity is the key to a great game and more is not always better.

• '10

I am so HARDCORE…  I started my own company to make Axis & Allies Accesories
                                  I built a WAR GAME Bunker in my house
                                  I work on varients and expansions in my free time.

@FieldMarshalGames:

I am so HARDCORE…  I started my own company to make Axis & Allies Accesories
                                 I built a WAR GAME Bunker in my house
                                 I work on varients and expansions in my free time.

Not including your triple year gold patron, triple year sponsorship, and donor status on this site. That makes you e-Hardcore!

GG

• All that colour under your name does look impressive. Like a decorated veteran soldier!

• @LHoffman:

I used to be interested in making an Axis & Allies type game for Star Trek during the Dominion War, but haven’t thought about it much for about 6 years (since high school). I still have all the materials and even made a map (based on the Star Trek Atlas) on the computer, but I sort of abandoned it. It was getting very complex.
    Simplicity is the key to a great game and more is not always better.

Did you ever play Birth of the Federation for the PC?  I usually played as the Romulans, but the war-like Federation would always be the last I had to conquer…Even on easy, that game was very difficult…you had to put A LOT into tech and security, which usually meant my fleet was fodder (especially if I left random events on…Borg and Crystalline entity woudl devour me). until much later in the game.  I would love to see a sequel to this game…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m