• Rewind back to revised.

If UK builds an IC in india, for starters Japan TOUCHES it, and can take it, and will take it.
    Japan on the other hand goes after England, so they can’t snipe their factory if they build one on Java.

Also, India is connected to a lot of other areas japan can muster men in to.
    Java needs to be amphibiously invaded.
    So Japan has a lot of time to react and cram it full of infantry and fighters if it sees some transports moving towards it.

• @oztea:

No, Japan attacking Russia isn’t implausible, and I don’t really have a problem with it.

But the problem I see in it, is that as japan….you already have almost all your stated goals accomplished.

• A weakened US fleet
    • Most of the colonies of the West captured
    • Still no war with the Russians
    • China on the defensive

So, idle units are the devils plaything…and you just HAVE to do something on your turn.
    So you lash out at Russia.
    I would never want this to be “not allowed” in the rules.

I just want it to be a bad idea for Japan…
    Like no territories of value up there, or a big stack of 6 INF and 2 AA guns across the border that is a tar pit you don’t want to condemn your men to.
    Instead…we will get a token russian force…that turns tail for Moscow…and Japan is obliged to follow them…because it has nothing else to do.

Indeed, it should never be disallowed, just very unattractive: add a tank or two and a fighter in the East, as far as I’m concerned. In the game the Japanese can attack the West, the Chinese and the Russians. In the real war they barely had enough force to take on just one of them and have a chance at winning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m