• There needs to be an Axis and Allies game in which you only focus on the Eastern Front. Germany vs Soviet Union.
    Let that be the whole game.

They can make it like Fortress America in which Germany comes in really strong and hands out a beating to the Soviet troops. And then rebels pop up to save the day. There was a lot of citizens that fought German troops so it makes sense.

There can even be a weather system where it goes from winter to summer. And that makes things better and worse for the Germans. And the more North you go the worse.

So it can make sense to wait until summer for certain attacks at the cost of giving the Soviet Union more preparation time and rebel help.

As the game goes they can make it so reinforcements get lost to things such as American/British bombing supply lines and then when the invisible Western Front gets opened up.
    The reinforcements can come in by the turn until they run out. And they can make so reinforcements are dead always.

Its a lot like fortress america except in the Soviet Union instead. And they can make it Axis and Allies like. With all the A&A units.

Think about it and if we all like then we can harass Larry about it.

OK GUYS YOU TAKE YOUR SHOTS ON ME NOW!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@urmomsmom7:

There needs to be an Axis and Allies game in which you only focus on the Eastern Front. Germany vs Soviet Union.
    Let that be the whole game.

OK GUYS YOU TAKE YOUR SHOTS ON ME NOW!

Humm, are you serious ?

Did you check out HBG site lately ?

As soon as their Russian ( early war ) Battle pieces are out, I am buying their custom maps of : Operation Barbarossa and Stalingrad. ( and the new Russian Battle pieces of course ). And there you go, an A&A game on the Eastern Front with only German and Russian units.

Forget Larry, it will take too long. I am hoping for this July or early August. Cheers

J.  8-)

• @urmomsmom7:

There needs to be an Axis and Allies game in which you only focus on the Eastern Front. Germany vs Soviet Union. Let that be the whole game. They can make it like Fortress America in which Germany comes in really strong and hands out a beating to the Soviet troops. And then rebels pop up to save the day. There was a lot of citizens that fought German troops so it makes sense.

An A&A game set on the Eastern Front would be eagerly bought by lots of people here; there are several threads on the board which support various game ideas along these lines.  The Fortress America parallel, however, can only go so far.  Yes, Soviet citizens did contribute a lot to the war effort (mostly in the factories, though also by doing things like digging anti-tank ditches in front of Moscow), and yes, there was Russian partisan activity behind the German lines…but in the overall scheme of things, the partisans were very minor players and their contribution wasn’t decisive.  It was the Red Army which beat the Germans.

• Thanks guys. You shed some light on a situation for me in which there was none before.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This won’t happen.

Simply because the bulk of fans are in America, and unless American’s are in the game, the arguement is that it won’t sell as well.

That said… I’m totally with you man!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m