Rule question about Damage from a newbie

• Hello,

I just started playing A&A WaS here in Germany and have one question that is not clear for me. I think for most of you it is very easy to answer:

Example: Three ships fire on one ship. Is each attack done seperately? For me the question is, if three destroyer make 4, 5 and 5 hits and they attack a big battleship they will destroy or damage it if the attacks were count together : 14 hits vs ammo 10. If not counted together, nothing happens to the big one.

And second question similar: if maybe the Yamato attacks the same enemy with main and second gunnery, are counted together or do they hit seperately?

Is it all the same for planes etc.?

I can not find it inthe rules clearly declared. I am from Germany and my english is not the best and i have no german rulebook.

Thank you all in forward for the help.

Greetings, Frank (Ninyu)

• They are all seperate, you don’t combine gunnery attacks.  If you want to damage a battleship with destroyers torpedoes are your best bet there guns are too small.

So in closing every gunnery/torpedo attack is seperate whether on the same ship or different no combining.

• Thank you very much for the fast answer.

Greetings from Germany,

Ninyu

• no problem at all glad to help.

If anyone has any questions at all I have probably 100 WAS matches under my belt and would be happy to answer any questions.

• I took down the USS Montana with Long Lance torpedoes with 3 destroyers.

• @Death:

I took down the USS Montana with Long Lance torpedoes with 3 destroyers.

Yup LL torpedoes > BB’s, but if your opponent adjusts and you have to deal with USN helldivers+B-25’s they are > LL units

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m