FLYER FOR 2ND EDITION E40 AND P40 IS OUT- SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2012

• i’m starting to notice that the first flyer for a new game is alittle screwy. with a 2nd flyer done later

• @Yavid:

i’m starting to notice that the first flyer for a new game is alittle screwy. with a 2nd flyer done later

You could say pretty much the same thing about the Pacific/Europe 1940 rulebooks, so I guess this is some kind of standard operating procedure at WotC.

• it’s funny because WotC seem to have there act together with Magic The Gathering but drop the ball everywhere else. Including D&D. And before anyone argues about D&D they went from 3rd edition to 3.5 edition in less than a year and a half, because so much stuff was screwy with 3rd edition they had to rewrite the books.

• Larry may still have an ace up his sleeve, he has been pretty silent lately.

Perhaps he has taken Alpha +3 and put his own spin on it.

I mean, remember what it was like before Pacific 1940 came out…we had no idea the Convoy system would work like that.
    So Larry may be crafting Alpha +4 as we speak.

• I bet there will be gamechanging changes in the map and in the ruels! To make Global40 2nd edition a DIFFERENT game! That way we will ALL have to buy it :D

• @Noll:

I bet there will be gamechanging changes in the map and in the ruels! To make Global40 2nd edition a DIFFERENT game! That way we will ALL have to buy it :D

I expect MAYBE a couple of small setup tweeks but otherwise that’s it.

• TripleA

i do not want to be a guinea pig again.

• You will be a guinea cow

• Customizer

@Cow:

i do not want to be a guinea pig again.

Agreed.

I am not inclined to give them my money again after the whole fiasco with the last few games of theirs.  I used to snap up each new game of theirs without question.  Those days are gone as they no longer have my confidence in releasing a finished product.

• TripleA

yeah preordered 1941 only. Going to inspect the rest 1st.

• Customizer

@Cow:

yeah preordered 1941 only. Going to inspect the rest 1st.

As will I.

1941 seems like a good game for what it is.  I’ll get that for my students to play during lunch hours.

• TripleA

I hope they keep lots of the rules simple in upcoming games. Less exception scenarios etc etc.

• YES!!!  now i can get a copy of europe and pacific 2nd edition…been out of A&A for a while…have to get back into it

• @CWO:

@empireman:

Has anyone relize the pacific box description there is no COUNTRY UNIT PIECES

Good catch – the second page of the Europe flyer lists 610 plastic miniatures while the second page of the Pacific one makes no mention of miniatures.  It also makes no mention of a rulebook, whereas Europe does.  Plus there’s the two-boards-versus-one-board part that’s already been pointed out.  It looks like whoever at WotC prepared the two flyers did a crummy cutting-pasting-editing job.

Those people ought to be glad they don’t work for me… unlike WotC I value quality control a lot… and tend to get not so amused with all these repeated mistakes.

• I wonder if Japan will get it’s own mech inf. russia it’s own art. and transport. I believe after '42 2nd edition and '41 that’s all we need so every nation has it’s very own units. France and China would still be using other countries pieces but each of the 5 major powers would finally have it were they don’t have any overlaps. I am of course assuming by: Includes new Italian miniatures and Includes new ANZAC miniatures mean those 2 get there very own complete armies.

Oh and here’s a point of curiousity: Includes new ANZAC miniatures as well as new mechanized infantry, and anti-aircraft artillery. Includes new Italian miniatures as well as new mechanized infantry, transport, and anti-aircraft artillery pieces. Seems the new Europe comes with new transport but not the new Pacific game.  :? And I think it’s safe to assume by Anti-Aircraft Artillery means we get the AAA pieces from '42 2nd edition in this one too, but new mech inf too? that’s alittle odd.

All this questions and more will be answered in 52 days. But I want them now.

• Very nice I have been waiting for these to get reprinted for a while but is axis and allies global better then the Europe engulfed and Asia engulfed games (they combine as well)?

• the engulfed series is a little deeper in scope of play and the rules for both games kind of vary becaseus of european and pacific theaters…to me  a & a is the way to go…

• when are we getting more info on this?

• hopefully soon…im already counting down the days to these two 2nd edition games

• @texasranger97:

when are we getting more info on this?

Sept. 18th

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m