• Who do you think is the strongest country at the beginning of the game?

• I think Japan and here’s why…

Japan has no immediate threat and has the opportunity to overtake most of Asia within 2 turns. Although US is economically superior at the begining of the game … The US has to build/rebuild a navy and thus, is delayed several turns before having any chance of an impact.

• It depends on how you define “strongest”. As far as strategy wise, the Japanese are in the strongest postion. If you define it as offensive potential, or most units, I would say Germany. I could go on, but you could probably find a way for each country to be the strongest at something. In general, however, yes, Japan.

• Strongest meaning the ability to inflict the most damage in the first round then yeah, Japan clearly gets the nod here. Strongest in the sense that they can turn the tide in a game, then the US gets my nod, just for the fact if you have a weak US player is can really help shift the balance of power toward the Axis taking USSR without problem.

• id have to agree, japan has the most opportunity at the beginning of the game and can do quite a bit of damage. but, if youre talking units and casualty infliction, id have to say Germany

• Germany, it can get up in the 36-38 IPC range much quicker than Japan can - especially in the early start of the game. However, come round 4 or so, Germany starts it inevitable decline. :(

• “It depends on what your definition of the word ‘beginning’ is.”

1)USSR[end of R2](inf pile in Karelia) if Germany messes with Africa/UK/US mostly, but not necessarily in that order,
    2)Germany[end of G4] if any experience and playing v rookie/hesitant UK/US even with an average USSR playa,
    3)UK[end of UK3] if Germany hits USSR hard(air/navy included) on G1/G2,
    4)Japan[end of J2] in most other unmentioned scenarios( by me or others on this forum),
    5)US[end of US5] if convoy system has been set up.

I guess I’ve been thinking about that ? since I first played the game. :D

• Can’t argue with that! :lol:

• Germany has the most weapons, so I would say they’re the strongest.

Potential or stregnth?

• @guest:

Who do you think is the strongest country at the beginning of the game?

germany

• @joshost:

@guest:

germany

i think germany and im jewish. i think thats saying a lot

• all though japan can take over the east part of russia very easily at the beginning of the game

@joshost:

@joshost:

@guest:

germany

i think germany and im jewish. i think thats saying a lot

not necessarily…but I see what you mean

• 2007 AAR League

I’d have to say Germany because of its military and economic strength at the beginning of the game. Plus, Africa is a good way to improve more of that economy :D .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m