• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@miamiumike:

I do not have the board in front of me, so, I do not have all the changes, but here are ones I do know:

a) algeria and libya were 2 territories - now are 3 - add in morrocco - all worth 1 IPC
    b) china has been divided into 4 territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    c) what was s. europe now has s. europe and I think Italy separate - there is an IC in Italy, but the IPC value is only 3
    d) the overall IPC count at the start is almost exactly the same - I think Germany starts with 41 (not 40) and UK starts with 31 (not 30)
    e) australia is now two territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    f) norway is now split into finland and norway
    g) there seems to be just a bit more ‘space’ between germany (berlin) and russia (moscow)
    h) africa is just a bit different - including egypt being by itself with I think sudan below it (but sudan is worth nothing)
    i) there is now a burma territory
    j) western europe is now broken into two pieces - like global

That is all I can remember ATM…

MM

This is all correct for the most part.

Overall IPC count is 31 and 41 as stated above… according to the map.

Number of territories between Berlin and Moscow is the same, but they are arranged differently with the addition of the Baltic States.

• Variable - yes, I think I said more space, but really meant just a different arragement of the territories - sorry about that :oops:

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@miamiumike:

Variable - yes, I think I said more space, but really meant just a different arragement of the territories - sorry about that :oops:

No worries… I was actually very impressed with your memory! I had to pull the map out to check your list. I couldn’t have done it.

• I have seen the map already, it has been posted online

• Greg,

1. Battle Calc apps not at your tourny- that’s your call.  I understand. Â

2. So you ARE open to the idea of automatic bids to a Masters or Semi-finals for online tourny winners @AA.org???  I’ll hold you to it if you really mean that- I think many hear would be interested in that.  I could organize it here from our end.  It could really turn out to be something.

3. So you never said that the online players “brainwashed” Larry and that you weren’t upset.  Boldfaced lie.  Yeah OK Greg, that’s just flat out ignorant.  :roll:

• Where has the map been posted?  I have only seen a small picture of the game board on page 8 of the 1942 2nd Ed. rulebook posted by smo63 on a seperate thread on this forum.

BTW, the personal comments are inappropriate and off topic for this thread.  Please take it somewhere else.  Doesn’t this forum have a moderator to police comments?

• Customizer

Seriously. You guys have been asked twice by the original poster to take your argument elsewhere. Spare us this crap please.

• I am referring to page 8.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Most:

Seriously. You guys have been asked twice by the original poster to take your argument elsewhere. Spare us this crap please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Sabotage!

As for the map… It looks awesome!  I’m really looking forward to the 2nd edition release!

• can someone link the new map?

• @Variable:

Overall IPC count is 31 and 41 as stated above… according to the map.

at page 6 of the rulebook is stated 30 and 40. is it an error?

• '19 '15 '12

@Most:

Sounds like a review copy. How does one become a reviewer? Does having a crappy blog and a vulgar A&A podcast help? I have those! I’ll need review copies of all of the games coming out from now on if it’s not too much trouble WotC!

Very nice blog. Are there any other A&A or strategy board game blogs out there you know of?

• Customizer

You’re asking the wrong guy on that one. Our group is mostly A&A. We played Shogun a couple times and Fortress America once but other than that just A&A. Check the other games section of the site and you’ll find more ideas for games. There are a ton of hardcore wargamers on here who could help you. My group and I are hardcore A&A only.

• @questioneer:

Greg,

1. Battle Calc apps not at your tourny- that’s your call. � I understand. �

2. So you ARE open to the idea of automatic bids to a Masters or Semi-finals for online tourny winners @AA.org??? � I’ll hold you to it if you really mean that- I think many hear would be interested in that. � I could organize it here from our end. � It could really turn out to be something.

3. So you never said that the online players “brainwashed” Larry and that you weren’t upset. � Boldfaced lie. � Yeah OK Greg, that’s just flat out ignorant. � :roll:

Guys,

If you have not noticed the biggest glaring error, and I am not sure it these has been posted in that Honolulu is a VC but not listed in the rules as such.  BIG, miss…

I also need to apologize for posting this here but I believe I need to clear the air with questioneer…and if Dave will permit it…but,

Q, You need to read what I said, I said;  “Yes, that is a direct quote.  Because in my opinion, you did.  If you didn’t we wouldn’t be having this argument, debate, call it what you want, I never denied saying that.”

So, it isn’t a boldface lie.  You just can’t read… :roll:

Lets get back to the topis as the guys suggest…

Peace,
    Greg

• That’s fantastic Greg- we all got it now- all online AAplayers are “brainwashers” of Larry.

I’m glad that’s your opinion b/c it sure isn’t factual. :roll:

• a….yeah, lets get back to talking about China.

China is 4 territories cool, and Burma also got put in. Will the US have a chance to drop an IC in China to add much needed ground units (w/UK or Russian help defending). ICs can be placed on 1 IPC ter, but could they hold it only dropping 1 unit/turn? It would probably just end up being a Japanese tank factory (one at a time) LOL

Would it be possible to house rule in some kinda of Chinese units like AA50? Can you say Acme wall :roll:

• @ghr2:

can someone link the new map?

Here’s a link, you can also see the setup, Scroll down to the “high resolution” part highlighted in blue.

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis-allies-1942-second-edition-preview-map-and-setup/

• From the set-up it looks like that US ftr in China could be toast J1. Japan easily has the fire (air) power, but I guess it would cost them in some of the naval battles if they hit it.

• Could be toast if the UK doesn’t hit those planes on the carrier near Java.

Otherwise, yea, its still a good attack, but you only have 1 INF, 1 ART before you are taking hits on planes.
    Hard to risk exchanging like that on J1, with a hell of a lot of green army men over there still

• I agree, but those green army men don’t have much attack w/o the ftr. It would be awhile before the US replaced it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m