• @LJ:

You take all the fun out of learning. Now everybody knows the secret. I think part of the fun is getting whooped. The best fun is when you figure out how to defeat the other guys “Grand Plan!”

I don’t think it’s any fun getting whooped, but then I’ve never played anyone I thought was any better than me. If I got the chance to play against the masters here, I’d probably get the sh*t beat out of me…and enjoy it! :wink:

• I don’t lose wars(Vietnam was LBJ’s loss, not mine!), just games!

GI, if you cannot have fun losing I wouldn’t want to play against you.

It’s just a game.

I find losing gives me more of a challenge. That’s one reason I have to keep finding new opponents or a new game to play.

Except for Monopoly. I get the game to the point where I know I’m going to win, then I make some dumbsas deals to make it more of a game again while. Sometimes I gotta eliminate myself from the game to balance it, but… what the hey!

Ahhhh yes, the ole IC in the Solomons strat. Easily countered by the New Zealand IC though. :D

• @El:

GI, if you cannot have fun losing I wouldn’t want to play against you.

What GI really meant by that statement:

While I don’t enjoy losing, it does not generally in any way detract from my enjoyment of the game. However, it does usually result in me obsessing over the conditions that led to my loss until the next time I play. So, overall, winning is probably better for my state of mind. Also, it’s more of the beginning and middle of games that I enjoy, where the outcome is still in doubt. Once a side or person gains a large advantage, then I tend to just want to give up and start over (even if I am the one winning)

There! I finally got it into a form that I was satisfied with.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m