What´s your favorite movie phrase?…

• '19 '17 '16

Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino.  Take your pick:

“[to Father Janovich] I think you’re an overeducated 27-year-old virgin who likes to hold the hands of superstitious old ladies and promise them everlasting life.”

“Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn’t have f*cked with? That’s me.”

“You wanna know what it’s like to kill a man? Well, it’s goddamn awful, that’s what it is. The only thing worse is getting a medal… for killing some poor kid that wanted to just give up, that’s all. Yeah, some scared little gook just like you. I shot him in the face with that rifle you were holding in there a while ago. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it, and you don’t want that on your soul.”

• '18 '17 '16

From the greatest western ever;
    The Outlaw Josey Wales

We thought about that a long time, “endeavor to persevere”, and when we got done thinkin’ about that we attacked the white man.
    ~Chief Dan George~

Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, Boy.
    ~Clint Eastwood~

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Let’s make sure history never forget the name, Enterprise

The Price of Victory is never cheap

yeah Man bishop should go - good idea

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

“Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!”

• When Curly flicks the picture of Double Deal Decker and says

“He looks like a Lilly to me” !

• King Haakon : No.

From the Norwegian movie, “The King says no.”

• Sponsor

Christian Slater in True Romance:

“If there’s one thing I’ve learned through all this, it’s better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it”

• Sponsor

Dennis Hopper in Flashback:

“Once we get out of the 80s, the 90s are gonna make the 60s look like the 50s”

• '17 '16 '15

LOL ! Some good ones on here :-) I should probably figure out how to do gifs but …

“How do you feel”

“Well sir uh … I feel like uh … like a … slice of butter … melting on a big old pile of flapjacks … yea”

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I’m surprise this isn’t on here yet, so I’ll be the one to post it.  It is by far the best quote from any movie yet made:

**Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.**

• @Karl7:

Conan: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

That was originally a Ghengis Khan quote, if I’m not mistaken, but Arnold delivers his version of it nicely.

@CWO:

@Karl7:

That was originally a Ghengis Khan quote, if I’m not mistaken, but Arnold delivers his version of it nicely.

Yeah, but I don’t get why the guy who says “wind in your hair” didn’t get his asss immediately kicked out of the tent… what a loser…

• @Karl7:

Yeah, but I don’t get why the guy who says “wind in your hair” didn’t get his asss immediately kicked out of the tent… what a loser…

I dunno…maybe he works for the chieftain as a staff officer, to handle paperwork, rather than as front-line combat officer, and therefore isn’t expected to be as macho as Arnold.  Douglas MacArthur, who didn’t like Dwight Eisenhower, once said of Eisenhower (who – as a colonel, if I’m not mistaken – had once worked for him as a staff officer) that “He was the best clerk I ever had.”  Eisenhower similarly didn’t like MacArthur, and once said of him “I studied drama under him for three years” (I may have the number wrong; I don’t recall the exact figure).

LOL nice one Marc.

@CWO:

@Karl7:

I dunno…maybe he works for the chieftain as a staff officer, to handle paperwork, rather than as front-line combat officer, and therefore isn’t expected to be as macho as Arnold.  Douglas MacArthur, who didn’t like Dwight Eisenhower, once said of Eisenhower (who – as a colonel, if I’m not mistaken – had once worked for him as a staff officer) that “He was the best clerk I ever had.”  Eisenhower similarly didn’t like MacArthur, and once said of him “I studied drama under him for three years” (I may have the number wrong; I don’t recall the exact figure).

Garg, your killing me…  :lol:

But weren’t all mongol warriors front line fighters?  Did they have “staff officers?”  Interesting historical questions…

• '17 '16 '13 '12

You’re gonna eat lightnin’ and you’re gonna crap thunder!

https://youtu.be/t0JXYqxGGnY?t=107

“You played three different teams, and let’s face it, you dominated each and every one of them” - Young Grasshopper

:) :) :)

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

https://youtu.be/t0JXYqxGGnY?t=107

“You played three different teams, and let’s face it, you dominated each and every one of them” - Young Grasshopper

:) :) :)

Wow, never would have thought I could have a line quote in a thread like this… I guess all it takes is a little butt kissing.

LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m