What´s your favorite movie phrase?…

• @Cmdr:

@CWO:

@Cmdr:

@Gargantua:

You are a member of the rebel alliance and a traitor!

Wait, what?�  There are members of the rebel alliance who are NOT traitors?

Theoretically, there could be Imperial agents who become members of the Rebel Alliance in order to spy on it from the inside, and thus who are not traitors because they’re really working for the Empire.

By a purist interpretation of the definition, they cannot be Imperials and members of the Rebel Alliance.  They are mutually exclusive.   And yes, I am just being annoying, I dont have a game of global started yet…so I have time. :P

How would then Zuckuss and 4-LOM be treated, as they worked one time for the empire and joint the rebells almost at the same time period during the attack on hoth but actually followed their own agenda as bounty hunters?

(worth a topic to create??)

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

To get roughly back on topic.

@hkytown1:

@wittmann:

Nice t-shirt. Do you wear that to work?

I like the quote: I love you.
    And cool riposte: I know.

Harrison ad libbed that scene and george liked it so much, he kept it.

Unscripted lines are often the best. The only other one that comes to mind at the moment is:

“Next one out of this room gets a… a lead salad!”

1000 points for whoever gets that one.

100 points for:

“Oh look! It’s K-k-k-Ken, coming to K-k-k-Kill me!”

• @frimmel:

If you have sworn no oaths to the Empire or Emperor or more likely are not a citizen of the Empire but are a member of the rebellion you are a rebel but not a traitor. It is a technicality really, but Rebel and Traitor could be separate.

Just to throw an added variable into this semantic debate, note that Vader’s actual quote was, “You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!”  He never said “member.”  Also note that he never specified against which side the Princess was a traitor.  If an Imperial agent joined the Rebel Alliance to spy on it for the Empire, then that agent would be a traitor to the Alliance.  To draw a rough parallel, Benedict Arnold betrayed the Revolutionary Army to which he belonged, so Washington could justifiably have told him, “You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor” if “Rebel Alliance” had been the brand name under which the rebelling colonials had been operating.

• A not to mentally balanced Kevin Kline to Michael Palin in a Fish Called (I so would) Wanda. "Oh look! It’s K-k-k-Ken, coming to K-k-k-Kill me!
    I love John, Basil Fawlty, Cleese.

• Will Munny: Who’s the fellow owns this shithole?
    [pause]
    Will Munny: You, fat man. Speak up.
    Skinny Dubois: Uh, I… I own this establishment. I bought the place from Greeley for a thousand dollars.
    [Will levels the shotgun, and speaks to someone standing behind Skinny]
    Will Munny: You better clear outta there.
    Man: Yes, sir.
    [scampers out of the way]
    Little Bill Daggett: Just hold it right there. Hold it…!
    [Will shoots Skinny. Screaming, the women scatter upstairs]
    Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
    Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he’s going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

• 1st Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, do you mean that you lied on your application?

Spud: No! Uh. Yes. Only to get my foot in the door. Showing initiative and that like.

1st Interviewer: But you were referred here by the department of employment, there was no need for you to get your “foot in the door,” as you put it.

Spud: Ehhh… cool. Whatever you say, I’m sorry. You’re the man. The dude in the chair.

• Have we had this one already?

“Bond. James Bond.”

• Customizer

I’d go with “Shaken, not stirred.” But now that Bond has sold out to Heineken that won’t work so well.

• “This is Agent Johnson, I’m Special Agent Johnson.”
    […]
    “Hi, Agent Johnson on the line… No, the other one…”

Die Hard

• @Canuck12:

To get roughly back on topic.

@hkytown1:

@wittmann:

Nice t-shirt. Do you wear that to work?

I like the quote: I love you.
    And cool riposte: I know.

Harrison ad libbed that scene and george liked it so much, he kept it.

Unscripted lines are often the best. The only other one that comes to mind at the moment is:

“Next one out of this room gets a… a lead salad!”

1000 points for whoever gets that one.

Fight Club - and there are about a billion other brilliant quotes from that movie.  The writers must have both been on crack and geniuses.

The quote that comes to mind - “that rug really brought the room together man” - as well as half of the rest of The Big Lebowski.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Wow. I cant believe someone mentioned Die Hard for the first time on page 17!

Yippie Kay Yay Mother F*cker!

Those who have not seen it must watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5in09EwYV0

• Customizer

“This isn’t a mudhole, it’s an operating table, and I’m the surgeon!”

This line is not new.
    It is older than many of you.
    It reached movie line stature last month.

• @Most:

“This isn’t a mudhole, it’s an operating table, and I’m the surgeon!”

This line is not new.
    It is older than many of you.
    It reached movie line stature last month.

The Dark Knight Returns.

• Paul: What is so special about Baskin?

Susan: He’s a grown up.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

“Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable.”

• The Warlock:Why did you bring a cop to my command center?

John McClane: Command center? It’s a basement.

• “What are you going to do for me?”

“What you want me to do. I’m going to save the f*^%$#g day.”

• Sponsor

“Sell crazy some place else, we’re all stocked up here.”

Jack Nickolson

As Good As It Gets

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

“Put your back-bones into it boys!”  ~unnammed skeleton warrior from Army of Darkness

• Robert the Bruce: You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m