• When playing AAE40, what is the current setup?

1). Do you use the OOB setup?
    2). Do you use the Alpha 2 setup?
    3). Do you use the Alpha 3 setup?

I know this depends on what version you’re playing. However, my question is this : Does Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 setups only apply if you’re playing Global? Meaning, if you’re only playing AAE40 do you use the OOB setup? Or one of the other Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 setups? Thanks in advance!

• Hi Commander. I asked this a long time ago, as I do not often have time for Global.
    Use Alpha 3, but do not place 2 Anzac in Egypt, instead(Krieg’s advice) place 1 extra Uk Inf.
    Russia get 37IPCs and US 32. When at war increase US by 20. Still give them 5NO for France when it happens.
    Have fun.

• Is there a place where you can point me to Krieg says this?

• I asked it a month ago. Am driving at the mo. look back at Europe page. Is there.
    US IPCs 35 of course, got confused, sorry!

• I’ve played with Alpha 3 maybe 6 or 7 times now and the games have been fairly balanced.  OOB was fine until we realized how easy sealion was.

I’m not sure where wittman is getting the 37 for Soviets but I’d think that would greatly unbalance things.  Nor have I heard of the extra UK inf in Egypt.  Would love to know as well.

• Garg said about the 37 in alpha3 Europe only New 1940 Players (page 2 of this post page)
    and the 1 Anzac Inf is on this page further down.
    Have not seen Krieg say about  the 37IPC, but am sure it will be out in the 2nd Edition.
    People seem to think it works.

• Go to the post on this page titled, “What to do about the Anzac inf” posted by Whitman. In the thread Krieg suggests replacing the 2 Anzac Inf w/1 Brit Inf. However, this is Krieg’s suggestion, not an official rule. Sounds like officially the 2 Anzac Inf stay and just move after the Italians, per the new Alpha 3.9 move order. I really wish they would make an official ruling on this. Seems like AAE40 setup, rules, etc… haven’t been officially released.

• I use the following setup

latest alpha 3.9

USA peacetime economy: 35 IPC
    USA wartime economy: + 30 IPC

USA gets no more NO’s.

Russia gets 37 IPC’s (we count in the total value of global) but lose the 2 infrantry per turn in novosibirsk

replace the 2 anzac infrantry with 2 french infrantries

All the rest is the same as alpha 3.9 including NO’s etc.

it’s fairly balanced this way.

• TripleA

europe seems so lackluster.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m