Preview copy of 1942 2nd Edition might be arriving soon

• Customizer

I think DJ’s literally trying to kill us with anticipation.

But on a more serious note, thanks for the update. We appreciate it.

• @djensen:

I’m working on the box opening video tonight.

Great!  I am looking forward to it.

• Customizer

Can you tell us if this game has the Hood and other new molds from the new 1941 game?

Cheers

@djensen:

So, a bit of bad news. Work is interfering with everything; including packing so I didn’t get the video done. I have the raw footage but won’t have time to edit anytime soon. I might be able to get it done on the plane if the laptop battery lasts. Video editing is somewhat CPU & memory intensive.

I’ll release some previews late this week and early next week and then a special guest will follow-up next week mid-week with more info and answers to all of your questions.

• '10

WORK?

I’ve never let work get in the way of my fun!

Don’t think we’re going to let a little thing like your work stop you from getting us this preview :-D

• I am hoping that this edition has the nation specific units not like 1941. thanks DJ for the Info

• I just want to know if there’s any changes to the AA guns or if it’s just the Alpha rules with a new sculpt.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Nope.  :-D

The “special guest” has the games now. As soon as I do the unit previews, you’ll know.

@jim010:

Can you tell us if this game has the Hood and other new molds from the new 1941 game?

Cheers

@djensen:

So, a bit of bad news. Work is interfering with everything; including packing so I didn’t get the video done. I have the raw footage but won’t have time to edit anytime soon. I might be able to get it done on the plane if the laptop battery lasts. Video editing is somewhat CPU & memory intensive.

I’ll release some previews late this week and early next week and then a special guest will follow-up next week mid-week with more info and answers to all of your questions.

• :(

Djensen :( :( :(

• The special guest is Larry’s brother……

Ted Harris.

• oh oh oh pick me pick me, I want to be the special guest.

• '12

I’ve been checking this thread several times a day for a week to help make a decision to order this new edition or get the original 1942 for my son. How about a couple preview pictures or something so I can order for him. Give us something so I can make an informed decision.

He’s 9 and asks me about the new game 5 times a day.

Thankyou.

• '10

Why don’t you just buy him the one already out if he wants it so bad?

Also, I’m sure that if you were to donate to the site you may get a quicker response :wink:

How about a little patience and we’ll get the photos when they are ready?

• '12

Donation made.

Don’t want to confuse him with different rules and different playing styles and pieces when he’s just starting out. Trying to get what will be the standard and start him off on a good footing. Sometimes you have to wait for good things but it would be nice to know what you’re waiting for.

And it was posted end of week would when info was released… So that was why I asked.

• When should we expect to see the first review of Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition?

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Rommel0633:

Donation made.

Don’t want to confuse him with different rules and different playing styles and pieces when he’s just starting out. Trying to get what will be the standard and start him off on a good footing. Sometimes you have to wait for good things but it would be nice to know what you’re waiting for.

And it was posted end of week would when info was released… So that was why I asked.

If your son is 9 I might recommend the new 1941 edition. It is by far the simplest and best introductory version to come out since the original Milton Bradley edition. Give him 2 years or so of this had he will be moving up to through 1942, anniversary and eventually… Global 1940. But for a 9 yo the new 41 is a great place to start. 1942 2nd Ed will be even more complex than the current 1942 edition which is still probably a lot for a 9 yo. If you want him to love it he has to be able to be a pro and 1941 is the best chance that he will be able to develop his own strategy and take you down in a game or two. Plus then every successive edition will always have new, more fun, complex and historical elements to it!

Just my 2 cents. Happy gaming.

• I agree, that’s what i would do

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@oztea:

The special guest is Larry’s brother……

Ted Harris.

Well, I’m not Larry’s brother but I am the special guest! While DJensen has been super busy, I’ve been helping to check out these great new A&A games. He and I will be writing up some proper review articles like he did for AA41 in the next couple days. Be looking for them soon!

• @Yavid:

oh oh oh pick me pick me, I want to be the special guest.

I didn’t get picked  :cry: Was I atleast the runner up?

• Soon is so looooonnggggggg

Sorry, i want this game so bad……

• '19 '15 '12

So excited!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m