• I have a suggestion for improvement in navigating the site.

The “show new replies to your posts” feature is terrific.
    There are a couple of limitations, however.

1)  I wish that you had the option to stop getting notifications of new posts to a thread you’ve posted in.
        a)  I know if you delete all the posts you’ve made, that you can stop getting notification of subsequent posts. 
        b)  However, some threads I have posted many times in and/or do not want to delete posts, or
        c)  I post in a game and you can’t delete those posts.

2)  I wish that you could get notifications of new threads that you have not posted in.  I guess this one’s not so bad - I can just make a post and then I’ll be following it.  Forever.

Feasible?

Thanks!

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s already there. See where is says Reply | Notify | Mark Unread | Send this Topic | Print

Click on notify and read the message that pops up.

• I see now - and it works like a toggle switch, apparently.
    So we don’t even have to post to a thread just to follow it…. nice

So if I use that on a thread I’ve posted on and I confirm that I want to DISable notifications, that thread won’t show up when I click “show new replies to your posts”?
    When I clicked notify in a thread I’ve posted in, it first gave me the enable option and I confirmed.  Then I did it again and it gave me the disable option.  It’s no problem - just making sure that is how it works.

You don’t really need to answer - I’ll soon find out.
    Thanks for your time and attention, Dave

• It didn’t work for a game I had posted in.
    Even after confirming disable, it still pops up in my unread posts…  That’s one of the things I was hoping to be able to do - thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m