• I got my copy of Axis and Allies by borrowing it from a friend who subsequently moved away and told me to keep it. The bottom of the box says (as I’m sure many of you are familiar with) “SPRING, 1942: THE WORLD IS AT WAR.” So I’ve been under the impression that I have 1942. According to Wikipedia 1942 includes cruisers. My edition doesn’t have cruisers: not the pieces, not on the reference chart, not in the operations manual.

What edition of Axis and Allies do I have? And what details can you tell me about my edition?

Thanks!

• @Jupperware:

I got my copy of Axis and Allies by borrowing it from a friend who subsequently moved away and told me to keep it. The bottom of the box says (as I’m sure many of you are familiar with) “SPRING, 1942: THE WORLD IS AT WAR.” So I’ve been under the impression that I have 1942. According to Wikipedia 1942 includes cruisers. My edition doesn’t have cruisers: not the pieces, not on the reference chart, not in the operations manual.

What edition of Axis and Allies do I have? And what details can you tell me about my edition?

Thanks!

That’s the Revised Edition. The A&A Spring 1942 edition has the 'Spring 1942: the world is at war" printed both in front and at the back.
    Revised is a good game, but Spring 1942 is even better. You can play Spring 1942 using the Revised board since the map differences don’t really affect the game, with the exception of W. Canada. You’ll need to get something to replace the cruiser pieces, the most easy way is to just use the Soviet ships with a country marker underneath. Or you can buy the cruiser pieces through through FieldMarshalgames.org or the other site that sells individual pieces.

• Thank you very much sir!

I wondered why a lot of discussion around 1942 didn’t apply to the edition I have.

I’ll check out the rules and such for 1942 and try your suggestions for using my board.

Thanks!

• @Jupperware:

Thank you very much sir!

I wondered why a lot of discussion around 1942 didn’t apply to the edition I have.

I’ll check out the rules and such for 1942 and try your suggestions for using my board.

Thanks!

For what it’s worth, I personally prefer the Revised board and play the 1942 setup/rules on it.

• Good to know, thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m