• Are there any starts that favor the axis in alpha 3 in a long game? Time usually favors the allies but are there exceptions to this rule with a strategy or a game you’ve seen? Thanks!

• Yup.

1. Don’t lose Japan’s fleet
    2. Don’t take risks early
    3. Once your plans are in full gear, buy SS and Bombers.  For every SS you buy, the Allies need to spend 2 more IPC than you do to address it (6 IPC for SS, 8 IPC for DD).  It helps equate the economic disparity that arises late in the game for the Axis.  Combined with the Bomber attack range and its attack value, you create a situation that the Allies generally haven’t invested for.

• Convince the UK player that it’s best to preserve his Med fleet by fleeing out into the Indian Ocean and linking up with the Indian fleet before returning to storm the Suez Canal. Then as soon as he’s left, capture Egypt and laugh at him.

Kill China as Japan - Even if it costs you the game. China is the single most annoying Power to play against.

Preserve Japan’s fleet at all costs.

• I hate China. If you cannot kill it, it will come back and swallow up your Asian conquests.
    That is why I used to not DOW the Allies until  J3 and I had done my best to reduce it.
    Also ensure Japan takes and can keep one of those islands Anzac get 10NO for.
    And keep Jap fleet alive. The US best policy is to take it out piecemeal.

• @wittman:

I hate China. If you cannot kill it, it will come back and swallow up your Asian conquests.
    That is why I used to not DOW the Allies until  J3 and I had done my best to reduce it.
    Also ensure Japan takes and can keep one of those islands Anzac get 10NO for.
    And keep ��� fleet alive. The US best policy is to take it out piecemeal.

Waiting to J3 makes india almost impossible to take for the forseeable future, US then focuses on stronger atlantic buys which will give germany/italy hell in a few more turns.

Look up Cow’s J1 DoW in concert with an aggressive barbrossa G1 buy.  Japan can become huge and income in the 60’s by turn 3, and india can be taken out reasonably well on J4 or J5.

• I agree w/Wittman, Paksos and Spendo. Preserve the Japanese fleet at all costs. Hard to rebuild. China is a PAIN in the arse!  :-D And keep the US out of the war as long as possible, especially if the US is using a KJF strategy. However, on J2 or J3 if the Brits/Anzac give you an opening to take lot’s of navy out or take large portions of territories, then go for it. Just be mindful of where the US is positioned when you DOW…

• if japan doesn’t DOW til j4 they will already be getting CURB STOMPED

if i’m allies and j3 isn’t a DOW, i’d do it myself as UK and ANZAC. more money for me!

i mean what was japan doing for the first 3 rds? sino-japanese? china?
    doesn’t sound like a pacific win to me
    hell, doesn’t sound like japan is helping out the euro-axis either

• A J3/J4 DoW in my view is usually because Japan has accepted that his role is to help Germany/Italy win in Europe. Consequently, he’s probably going for China to get a bit of extra $$$ and Russia to ease Germany’s Barbarossa while keeping America off Germany’s back long enough that Germany can get into a  better position to deal with him when the time comes.

That’s what i did with my last Japan game and we had a runaway victory.  :-D

• That is how I play it. Is depressing seeing Japan’s chance of glory and riches fade, but helping Germany has been how I have played the Axis for 20 years.
    Suppose you need to try every way though and if playing as a group, might not have a choice!

• TripleA

If you are going to play an economic game with axis and not actually push for a vc win on either side of the map… you should warn your opponents, because it is bad manners to make someone sit for 10 hours with no conclusion. At least your opponent if he should choose to play will do so knowing he will have to find a way to force you to attack or attack you instead.

• As Japan Wait until J4 to declare war, and forget India. Go for Sydney and Hawaii.

As Germany, build a Navy G1, and clear sz 110 and sz 111 completely, but don’t use your battleship. Instead, keep it 112 with the rest of your navy and use it to convoy disrupt UK. It’s okay if you lose some of your airforce dealing with his scrambled fighters; it’s worth destroying the UK airforce.

Do a G4 Barbarossa and once you have taken Novgorod, slow down moving from the Northern position while you push hard in the south. Once you have control of the Caucasus, you should making plenty of cash to hold back the Western Allies.

• Evening all.  Just about to start my second game of “Global 40” shortly and my first time playing A+3.9.

I see that DOW on J2 is great, you can kill lots of the UK and set up for an India crush on J4 (maybe J3 if you opponent makes big mistakes).  However, USA would presumably declare war on axis which would in turn make Sea Lion (if it was viable that is) almost impossible, or at least very hard to hold.  If sea Sea Lion looks like it’s on, would you hold back on a J2 DOW – thus holding the USA off a bit longer?  Or if people are going for a J2 DOW, do they generally go Barbarossa?

Sorry for noob question, and I don’t mean to hijack your thread either.

• Monkey, every axis player has to do Barbarossa one way or another. Sea-lion generally is impossible to hold no matter what, so it really doesn’t matter when Japan declares war, because if Japan can gain a significant advantage on J2, and the US focuses on stopping sea-lion, than you can easily win the Pacific.

• @strategic:

Are there any starts that favor the axis in alpha 3 in a long game? Time usually favors the allies but are there exceptions to this rule with a strategy or a game you’ve seen? Thanks!

search through the forum there are some nice threads / explanations written by veterans.
    too many low-mid lvl plyrs thinking themselves as pros, giving bad advices.
    so some quick ways on how to eliminate all those comments and pick what s relatively good:

-check if the moves were analyzyd in depth. noobs usually say do this do that but dont say why or more importantly, how, whereas pros tend to explain every move, including possible counters, in detail.

-check the games the big advice giver is playing (if avalaible in forum). seeing a guy who claims to be the best plyr ever make stupid mistakes and lose his game(s) can arouse general doubts about him :)

-check the style the advice is given. a tactic used in a certain position can be a sure game winner, but the same move can be a really bad idea in under other conditions. so if our nice advice giver is describing the board he prolly knows his business.

all that being said here is where u can reach some nice strategies:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26960.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27227.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27377.0

gl hf

• '10

i see that Soulfein has posted, but i can’t see his post unless i click on “reply”.

So i’m just reposting his (very good) post in case others can’t see it too.

SOULFEIN WROTE :

Insert Quote
    Quote from: strategic planner on June 18, 2012, 03:22:20 pm
    Are there any starts that favor the axis in alpha 3 in a long game? Time usually favors the allies but are there exceptions to this rule with a strategy or a game you’ve seen? Thanks!

search through the forum there are some nice threads / explanations written by veterans.
    too many low-mid lvl plyrs thinking themselves as pros, giving bad advices.
    so some quick ways on how to eliminate all those comments and pick what s relatively good:

-check if the moves were analyzyd in depth. noobs usually say do this do that but dont say why or more importantly, how, whereas pros tend to explain every move, including possible counters, in detail.

-check the games the big advice giver is playing (if avalaible in forum). seeing a guy who claims to be the best plyr ever make stupid mistakes and lose his game(s) can arouse general doubts about him Smiley

-check the style the advice is given. a tactic used in a certain position can be a sure game winner, but the same move can be a really bad idea in under other conditions. so if our nice advice giver is describing the board he prolly knows his business.

all that being said here is where u can reach some nice strategies:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26960.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27227.0

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27377.0

• ty axisplaya, for reposting it.

it was flagged as spam right after I post it, no idea why.
    sent a message to mods of global40 sub thread, waiting for a reply…

• @soulfein:

ty axisplaya, for reposting it.

What a joke

• '10

@soulfein:

Actually, that’s the 3rd or 4th post of yours that i see flagged as spam in the last few weeks…. So this time i thought i would repost it.

• @Axisplaya:

@soulfein:

Actually, that’s the 3rd or 4th post of yours that i see flagged as spam in the last few weeks…. So this time i thought i would repost it.

Who’s doing so? That’s stupid.

• rationality just doesn’t jive with some folks :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m