• Founder TripleA Admin

You could actually blame all of those accept #5 on the manufacturer. If you’re making this stuff in China for cheap, you’re going to have quality issues. I’m going to guess that Wizards does not have the same access to the good manufacturers as the rest of Hasbro. Or they just don’t bother to be as integrated in the manufacturing process as, say, a company like Apple.

However, this 15/17 snafu, likely could have been avoided.

• Customizer

@Cromwell_Dude:

I’m also curious if this will be in Target and Wal-Mart for an extended time or just contained to gamer stores. Time will tell.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve seen this mentioned here in the Forum. Do you guys really think this game might be in stock in stores like Walmart and Target? The closest I’ve ever been able to find in those stores is RISK.
    Now, WAY back in the Classic years, I seem to remember seeing the old MB Axis & Allies even in Walmart and I think K-Marts, as well as Toys-R-Us. However, some years later when A&A Revised was still a big thing, I could never find that game in Walmart. I did manage to find Revised in Toys-R-Us but that was the only version of A&A there, no Europe, Pacific, D-Day, BOTB or Guadalcanal. Those were only to be found in more specialized gaming stores.
    It just blows my mind that there would be a possibility of finding A&A at Walmart. I know 1941 is supposed to be an introductory level game, but even with less pieces and way simpler rules it still seems to me like a too “in-depth” type of game for the taste of the general public. Then again, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe this will bring people back to board gaming.

• Customizer

42 was for sale at Target but I think that was an exclusive. I never saw it at Walmart.

• 1942 was carried at multiple Targets for about a year. I know, because when they went on clearance last year I bought half a dozen copies in multiple locations.

• The official playtesters had limited time because the game got rushed. 3 play sessions was the minimal requirement, though in the time allowed to submit results it would be difficult to make time for more testing.

This was confirmed at HGD back in 2010

Forgot to mention all the typos in rulebook in AA42 and E/P40.

• Customizer

That information, if true, makes me sad for Mr. Harris. To put so much time into what is to be his masterpiece and have the corporate monkeys rush it out the door before its ready is terrible. I’m glad for the open discussion at HGD but something this huge should not have been rushed. I have to wonder what the game might have been like given more time before initial launch. I’d be willing to bet it wouldn’t look like Alpha 3. For those with reservations about Alpha 3 I think there should however be a glimmer of satisfaction knowing that they had a hand in the final iteration of the advanced A&A.

• Its out of his hands. WOTC makes all the decisions and the deadlines. Can’t blame Larry.

I prefer the process that got us Alpha 3+ because it allowed so many other people to playtest the game and this made a much better game, and got us a reprint of the game so soon.

The results of this process proved better than if the game was mostly balanced out of the box.

Now they have more time to fix the pieces because you know E40 2nd print will feature some of the new pieces and fix Italy as well as possibly France.

• Hey Imperious I wouldn’t count on Italy and France getting there own sculpts as a matter of fact I would bet they won’t. The molds for these units seem to be the most expensive thing about these games. Every time they come out with new molds we get less. No chips in this new game. No money, and a cheap battle board. I totally want them to fix it too but I really doubt they will. This seems to be the norm now. I wish they would come out with Axis and Allies Elite edition that costs about 40 bucks more but fixed all of these problems. I know I would be in.

• Well what i meant was both should get a few sculpts to replace the doubles, France could get a new battleship, its own tactical fighter, etc.

Italy could get a few units dedicated as Italian, not German.

not all just a few.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

At least bring back the sculpt of the Italian tank from Anniversary that’s already paid for…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m