• TripleA

You know if russia has a difficult time engaging a germany that did sea lion… perhaps russia is short on men, I believe it is only a couple inf to be honest. That is what a bid is for.
    ~
    In garg’s tournament there is a fair amount of sea lion that happened. I was kind of surprised.

• SeaLion is the good answer to the UK going berserk vs Italy.

• My Uk opponent has been too cheeky in our current game, so I am definitely going Sealion. My East front looks bare, but he is asking for it. This is after I said I was never doing one again! We are playing AA count as cAsualties too. Will be a G3.

• TripleA

AA does count as casualties.

• usually a g3 london is kinda good-ish for axis, while a g4 london is almost a gg.

the biggest factor why sealion is a bad move for axis is that after a proper usa response (bmbrs), japs cant dow till london s captured, which most of the time (-if not always) means no pac victory for axis. so japs play gets really restricted. might be the only occasion where going heavy into siberia with japs is a more optimal move than going for india.

the general outcome also depends on a number of minor factors:

-can ita grab egy before (or at the same round) usa gets a stack in sz91? with london gone it s almost impossible for uk to send reinforcements to egy + relatively later involvement of ussr means it will take a longer time for ussr to get involved in africa.

-how long can ussr stack romania? romania is the usual optimal base for ussr stack, trading slovakia/yugoslavia plus dispatching some guys to bulg for greece and albania means, after a successful sealion, ger will find itself outproduced by ussr.

-how lucky was ger in london? having a lucky attacks with many land units left means ger can remove ussr from eastern europe. many air left further means ger can probably delay usa fleet london for 1 or 2 more rounds.

-is iraq italian or russian soil? a 9 ipc territory plus enables pressure on cau or egy. no further need to emphasize its importance imho.

with all those things said, I really think sealion is a very “specialized” option for axis, which must be only used with in depth analysis of the board, even when it s possible for ger to take london in g3.

so in return, uk doesnt have to solely turn london into a fortress to deny a selion. depending on overall situation, with careful management, making ger grab london can be a game-winner move for allies on the long run.

• I hate Sealion. Failed again. And this one was a gift. Worst dice rolling in a while. Pity as I wanted to see how UK skipping purchases would affect things. (Was looking forward to converting those £s into petrol guzzling Mk111 and MkIVs for Barbarossa too.) Damn the Home Guard.

• TripleA

well you just take the odds you get. 80%+ is a fair crack. worth it.

• What happens if London falls, are all there territories up for graps ? Can USA pick em up and get IPC ? Or do a axis power need to take em first ? And what if some british troops takes some back will India get the income ? If its on europe map ?

Cya around PPP

• @PeterPaaPan:

What happens if London falls, are all there territories up for graps ? Can USA pick em up and get IPC ? Or do a axis power need to take em first ? And what if some british troops takes some back will India get the income ? If its on europe map ?

Cya around PPP

for allies to conquer territories originally belonging to uk, the territories have to be conquered by axis first.
    india can gain income only from preset territories ie pac side of map +west india -north america

• Ty soulfein! ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m