Playing Axis and Allies with real bills?

• This might not work with Global, but for the other games.

For example in Spring 42’ the Russian player would buy in with $24, Germany would buy in with $40, Britain would buy in with $30, Japan would buy in with $30, the US would buy in with $42. Just say you have to spend all your money on each turn and you can’t save. Just put in an extra $20 or more.

• What?

• @Imperious:

What?

Use actual money to represent IPCS
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery_img_embed_40dollars/image/image_file/40dollars_slideshow.jpg <for example=“” germany’s=“” income.<br=“”>BTW didn’t know what thread to put it in.</for>

• Why do that? Are you saying people get to keep the money and just save it and go home, or the game is now a gambling concept, where the money you finish with allows players to keep?

We used to use coins for IPC since they were durable and nobody would steal dimes and quarters.

Just buy HBG currency, its better than OOB paper money

• @Imperious:

Why do that? Are you saying people get to keep the money and just save it and go home, or the game is now a gambling concept, where the money you finish with allows players to keep?

We used to use coins for IPC since they were durable and nobody would steal dimes and quarters.

Gambling.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL.

I totally would Dylan,

But the problem becomes, that rather than allowing total victory, the moment something didn’t go your way, you’d just surrender and end the game, so as to stop your opponent from a massive win.

Or You’d just save your money for five turns and go home lol.

Having a set wager that gets split based on alignment, then on player/country performance is a better option.

• @Dylan:

@Imperious:

Why do that? Are you saying people get to keep the money and just save it and go home, or the game is now a gambling concept, where the money you finish with allows players to keep?

Gambling.

How about this - the total value of territories on the board on Spring 1942 is 166 IPCs. Before playing the players give the same amount of money to the bank for a total of 200$. Distribute money according to powers starting income, the remain is change.
    At the end of the game players get back their starting money, plus or minus the difference between their powers starting income and their end one.
    So, with 4 players I’d put 50$ on the table for playing and receive 30 as starting income. If my income at the end of the game was only 28, then I’d only receive 48$ back. Or if I took the US/Russia, I’d give 50, receive 24 and 42 but there I’d have to count both powers end income to determine how much money I got back.
    Or, if you want to raise the stakes higher, for each point of difference you receive 2$. Or 5$. Or more.
    Or you use instead VCs to calculate the final refund. Or a mixture of both end VC and income.

Plenty of possibilities :)

• each team puts down a set amount of money. lets say $100 each. thats $200 for the game. the winning team gets the $200. Lets say the axis won. Germany, japan, and italy(if playing global1940)  count out the total number of allied territories captured add the ipc’s they are worth and divide 200 by that number. say germany captured 20, italy 10, and japan 15. so 200/45= 4.44. germany gets 20x4.4= $88.88  italy gets 10x4.44=$44.44 and japan will get 15x4.44=$66.6.    if each player put in $33 or some sort of equivilant to thier starting ipc’s id say they did pretty well. OR they could just split the winnings 3 ways each player gets $66.6.

Plus you could use the money during the game if you wanted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m