• Please forgive me if this is all in the wrong place but am new online.
    I loved this game and have a classic version in the cupboard but no one to play it with - I did download a version to play over the net but gave up when had issues reloading saved games and found it had glitches making it unplayable.

So now I am here and hoping this forum can either help me achive my aims or point me in the right direction to achive them.

They are:-

1. Finding a playabe version that I can download to my Windows 7 system and play people over the net.
    2. Try to find some people within traveling distance who would like to play this game with me face to face - only person I know who likes this game is my youngest sibling but being a family man and partier these days he never ever has the time to play. I would love to one day play a 5 player game face to face with people you don’t have to hold the hand off - as in they know the basics how to move/play.

Lastly I would love to make contact with whoever wrote these games for playing online as my ultimate dream is to have the freedom (as you can with the physical board games) to make your own new games. I would so love to play a 5 player game starting with the original set up (Classic A&A) but it’s an all against all - to see who would come out on top.

Lastly I would like to do similar but a 5 player face to face game with mission cards - i.e. it has the same set up as the original game but you draw a country blind and then you draw a mission card which only you see what it says and you try to carry that out - the winner is who completes their mission after and equal turn of play - so after USA’s go you can call ‘Mission Success’ and you reveal your mission card to the other players to show you have won… I have yet to write the missions but also plan a handicap system with easy, medium and hard missions and you can let the approatite level of player select one to balance it out - i.e. a new player gets an easy mission where as an experienced player gets a hard one - saves wiping the floor with newbies and putting them off for life - I made this mstake with my middle sibling.

Any way if anyone wants to help or play me I am from East Surrey (near Redhill) in England, UK - RH1.

Thanks and very pleased to have found you all.

• Welcome to the forums!

1. Finding a playabe version that I can download to my Windows 7 system and play people over the net.

Check out TripleA.  You can play online, play by forum, play by email or just play against the computer (which is relatively easy to defeat but still fun), and you can play ALL versions of Axis and Allies as well as many other games.

www.triplea.sourceforge.net

• Check out the tab “my messages”……just sent you a PM…

• Good job Bluelionman.  You found the right place.  Your next objective is to find and download and install tripleA and check out a few games that people are playing in the Play Boardgames forum.  People basically take turns downloading the map, doing ther move, then uploading for the other side to download.  Play TripleA solitaire a few times and then when you’re ready to try it out yourself, put up a notice that you are looking for opponents in Find Players.  Good luck!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If you’re brave enough, there are 1 or 2 teams we could sneak you on to for the tournament of Extra Death and Pain!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m