• Hi everyone,

I’m new to A&A, having not played it other than a few times as a kid.

I’ve felt the urge to play it again recently but I’m baffled by the various options.  The most obvious choice seemed to be the Spring 1942 edition, as it’s pretty cheap, and then if I get really into it, buy the Pacific and Europe editions for the large game.

But, I see a second edition is due out soon.  Will this make a big difference?  Will it be worth hanging on for or would you suggest I go ahead and get 1942 as it is now, and then get the reprinted Europe and pacific editions as and when??

Many thanks for any advice…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Will this make a big difference?

Honestly… I think it will.  If I was you I would WAIT.  And I would play the game online or vs the computer via TripleA in the mean time.

GO HERE:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27127.0

• @Gargantua:

[b]Will this make a big difference?[/b]

Honestly… I think it will.� If I was you I would WAIT.� And I would play the game online or vs the computer via TripleA in the mean time.

So would you say Spring 1942 isn’t much good as it stands?  I was having a look at the 2nd edition forum and it seemed like the biggest difference will just be a large board, which I can probably live with (ok, a few rules too, but they don’t mean a great deal to me as a novice!)…

I’m kind of thinking that for �25 or so, it would do to ‘dip my toe’ and see if I get the bug for it or not…can you tell I’m impatient??

In the meantime, will definitely get hold of the computer version-great link, thanks!

Oh don’t get me wrong, 1942 is well balanced, good fun, and a great place to start!

Buy it by all means!  Buy know you’ll be buying second edition again in 2 months or so ;)

• @Gargantua:

Oh don’t get me wrong, 1942 is well balanced, good fun, and a great place to start!

Buy it by all means!   Buy know you’ll be buying second edition again in 2 months or so ;)

Oh dear, this is going to end up expensive, isn’t it…? ;)

LOL Not really…

Not unless you get into Axis and Allies Miniatures… that’s an endless pit of despair.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m