GAME BALANCE POLL FOR G40 FINAL ALPHA

• TripleA

my japan parties like a rockstar. fortress anzac, kind of makes the battle for hawaii easier more or less.  kind of depends what anzac is making. ie 2 inf 1 fighter a round or what. usually shut that bonus down so it depends. Hell I did go africa/middle east once and germany did his russian thing. When anzac is not an aggressor it usually frees up some ships for expansion, got to match usa’s income.

plus usually usa need’s anzac ships to defend against japan’s attack… plus if you are sitting at hawaii what ends up happening is mexican standoff instead of the allies progressing in the pacific, things just come to a standstill.

It is up to germany / italy to advance. When russia just builds inf, it is easy to postpone russia for 3-4 turns since pacific is a stalemate and blitz africa a bit and screw russia out of money.

• Add a russian arty and a mec, remove a UK inf :)

• The Allies should pull it off, unless they get bad dice and the Axis get good dice, so far in our games I would say the Allies are 60/40.  I know sometimes you cant convince yor teammate to do a paticular attack, buy or strategy

• TripleA

as long as germany buys 3 mech 3 tank or 2 tran 1 carrier round 1. japan buys xports and an inf or art or mech round 1, axis should win.

pacific wins come in under 10 rounds or russia falls in under 10 rounds (which will give axis an income advantage). Depending on how many tanks are left after russia falls kind of determines if germany goes for UK or egypt, if italy is not convoyed out of the game, then well gg.

• I voted “Game is Balanced”, of course.

• '10

@Cow:

as long as germany buys 3 mech 3 tank or 2 tran 1 carrier round 1. japan buys xports and an inf or art or mech round 1, axis should win.

After reading such a beauty, i cannot vote other than Game is balanced.

• TripleA

So this comes out to half think balanced & half think axis favored.

In garg’s tournament half the japan players are morbidly depressing to watch. You see a huge difference in how games unfold when japan DOWs J1 or J2 as compared to J3 (I think of J3 DOW as conceding/throwing the game/giving chance).

• The poll maybe too early Cow, people- including myself need about 20-30 games in still.  There are a lot of mistakes we are all making on BOTH sides- Axis and Allies.

Yes half think it is Axis adv.- then again they are a little easier to play.  Each week someone is coming up with new Allied countermoves to try.  I’m really gonna say its balanced until I am certain Allies just can’t win with solid play on both sides.

If you are right, then I do like the Russian bomber over 3-4 infantry in India or Russia or an SS in the Med.  The bomber is downright sexy- very intriguing.

• Here is the other poll on Larry’s site- 50% say balanced, 33% say Allies ad, 17% say Axis ad.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9057

Together then about 50% say balanced
                        about 40% say Axis ad
                        about 10% say Allies ad

interesting…

• TripleA

Only 10% believe allies have an advantage, maybe I am not so crazy after all for thinking axis advantage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m