GLOBAL 1940 REPRINT WITH ALPHA DUE OUT THIS YEAR

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

They will be included in the second editions of Europe and Pacific 1940, due out later this year.

Per krieghund on page 194 of the FAQ thread!

• Nice! I’m sure I will buy 2nd edition too! I hope they’ll add something more than a new rulebook! (They will probably add the new AAs)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

SETUP cards so my friends don’t look at me like I’m some kind of BS’r is what I’m mostly looking forward too…

• TripleA

maybe they add a bomber for russia. I dream of russian bomber.

• '12

That’s awesome news!  With the 1940 reprint that makes 3 Axis and Allies board game coming out this year (1941 and 1942 revised).

• @JeffM:

That’s awesome news!  With the 1940 reprint that makes 3 Axis and Allies board game coming out this year (1941 and 1942 revised).

Actually four (Europe+Pacific=Global are two games)

:-)

• SO do you think they will sell it as 2 separate games that you put together (Europe and Pacific like before), or package it as one DELUXE game called “Global 1940”?  The deluxe game shall have the complete rulebook and setup, fancy new unit sculpts (e.g. tiger tank etc as in 1941), real ICs and AA guns, and some solution to the carboard bases (which everyone hates).

That would be the best way to do it: 1941 game as the novice game, 1942 as the moderate game, and Global 1940 as the deluxe version for the elite.

• Customizer

i’d prefer separately, since i already own pacific but still need to buy europe

• TripleA '12

I expect they’ll most likely release the global Europe and Pacific 1940 games seperately, as before. That’s my guess.

• It’d be cool if it was all in one box though. Maybe a deluxe version with a new box and all the components inside.

• Very, very old news.  The Alpha Project was closed 3 months ago.  What you see on Alpha+3 is what you get barring any other “secret” changes, which I doubt b/c Larry was pretty clear that the Alpha project was finished and he already told us that the 2nd edition of the games would be out this fall.  They were sent to WotC out to print 2 months ago.

Late to the party chief. :-D

• TripleA

I would like the following changes +1 bomber russia. It is total BS that russia does not get a bomber.

• Krieghund said many many times there won’t be any more official setup changes, but you’re free to house rule anything you like.  Maybe trade the Russian tac for a bomber.  Would you fly that bomber out to Buryatia?

• Original discussion about adding a USSR bomber was that it would be too strong.  Russia could do a lot of creative things with that bomber.  Buy a second bomber and Russian air now becomes a real menace.

• TripleA

russian bomber is not that strong, it feels cool though. Considering how gimped playing the allies feel, yeah give the russians a bomber, it allows russia to exchange and not just be sad and feel bad about himself for playing.

Most people don’t want to be allies for a reason, it is a snooze fest and there is nothing cool about the allies. All their moves are broadcasted, there is no surprise from the allies.

• Meh…I think that goes both ways.  As to whether the bomber would be too strong, I think it might be good for the game now.  On the other side, if I had a bomber, I would immediately buy another one.  Lots of creative things to do with that bomber…I think it could prove to be pretty strong…but that’s just my opinion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m