• What should i do?
    Wait for the new 1942 game to come out? or should i buy the Europe/pacific game

also what do we know about this new game so Far?

• Customizer

We know there will be some new pieces and that the map will be bigger.
    As to whether or not to buy it: It will be a far less intense game than E/P40 so it depends on your preference. For myself I want them all. My group would go crazy if we only had the 1940 game, sometimes you need a lighter mood. If you still can’t decide, wait until it comes out and read the reviews. Bearing in mind the fact that almost everyone on here will criticize it overly harsh as it appears to be an entry level game, and none of us are ever perfectly happy with anything, ever. This is the internet after all.

• Are you on a budget ,and do you have a lot of time?

1942: less time, cheaper. Good game.
    1940: More time (especially for G40), more expensive. Good game.

It’s really about your priorities. Whatever you do, DON’T buy the Europe 1940 on ebay for 300$. Wait for the reprint in the fall. Buy PAC 1940 instead, cheaper, and just as good.

• It depends on your experience level T-bone. If you are just starting go with 42. Learn the mechanics of the way the game works then go with the global game. I would suggest about 10-15 games of 42 before tackling the big global game. You got the perfect time frame as well. Buy 42 play it learn it. If E40 and P40 comes out in the fall your set. If you are a veteran and want a greater AA experience and gotta have it now. Go with E40 and P40

• thanks everyone

i already have the spring 1942 game

and i am deff waiting for the reprint to go down because its to expansive. so i am gonna probably buy the pacific

• Customizer

@coorran:

It’s really about your priorities. Whatever you do, DON’T buy the Europe 1940 on ebay for 300$. Wait for the reprint in the fall. Buy PAC 1940 instead, cheaper, and just as good.

Man, I knew it was getting hard to find copies of Europe 1940 as stores are now waiting on the reprint. I didn’t realize how much some out there were trying to charge for the game. I saw a couple offering Europe 1940 for $200 or more and one guy had Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 together for $499! That’s outrageous. Glad I got mine when I did.

• TripleA '12

You bet. Too expensive for me back at the time they were released; I can only hope that the reprints are going to be cheaper than the originals. Currently, A&A Pacific 1940 is selling on Amazon (UK) for £91 which is about $144.193. That any good to you?!  :-o

• Customizer

That’s what it looks like now. I placed pre-orders for both games at two different sites and both showed a date of July 27 for both games.

Don’t know what happened to the June 19 date for 1941. Maybe WOTC is dealing with the same incompetant factory that Jeremy has to deal with and they promised one date then fell through on it.

• Is this the second edition to the very first AA game ever put out? Its spring 1942… I think about early 80s.

• @Tbone36:

What should i do?
    Wait for the new 1942 game to come out? or should i buy the Europe/pacific game

also what do we know about this new game so Far?

Europe/Pacific is two separate games and called 1940 Global as a combined whole.

• Customizer

@freshwatergame:

Is this the second edition to the very first AA game ever put out? Its spring 1942… I think about early 80s.

This is to be the second edition of the 2009 game, A&A 1942.

The game from the 80’s is commonly referred to as Classic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m