• Not everybody knows how to play or wants to play. :)

• TG Moses VI I would raise the East to match the West in that variant.

By the way please tell us how that game went?

• 2007 AAR League

You might just have to give France some things that are not entirely historically accurate :lol: .

• TG Moses VI I would raise the East to match the West in that variant.

In most games, Japan can take China pretty quickly (within the first three turns), dropping W USA’s economy down to 20 (18 if they take Alaska along with it). However, E USA’s economy is relatively protected throughout the entire game.

• @TG:

It could work, though you might rework to add Spain or Swtiz in the game too. However, I predict that France might have problems dealing with the Allied navy and airforce.

Spain could work, but since Spain would be economically and militarily weaker than the Allies I would add Portugal as a neutral territory on the Atlantic so that Spain is not invaded immediately. Give them Spanish Morocco and then they would have 2 territories from which to expand. The problem would be for Spain to find anywhere to expand to since Germany blitzes almost all of Africa immediately.

• Spain was a weak country economically and man-power wise, so I wouldn’t consider it a axis power. However a Spain-France Nation might work (with the addition of Italy maybe)

• @TG:

Spain was a weak country economically and man-power wise, so I wouldn’t consider it a axis power. However a Spain-France Nation might work (with the addition of Italy maybe)

yet Spain had the youngest general since Napoleoin, Franco, who was very competent.

• Adding Canada is another possibility. Canada could become the principal supplier of forces to Britain while the United States could focus on fighting Japan in the pacific.

• 2007 AAR League

Interesting, however this might give the Allies and the U.S. to much of an advantage seeing as they would be able to divert much more of their resources to the Pacific. I’m curious to see what other people think.

• Might work … being that Canada’s income would be so low and the fact that it would also take away from UK’s. Probably have to raise WCA’s income to 3 and ECA’s to 6 for being the capital (for a total of 9 IPC’s – UK’s would fall to 26).

Also, you may have to add an infantry or 2 in Africa to help UK hold on to some IPC’s.

Really, you could add any country or as many as you wanted to — just have to tweak the IPC values and starting units to keep some kind of balance.

• yet Spain had the youngest general since Napoleoin, Franco, who was very competent.

In this game you act as the general

Canada could be an option, but I either see them as too weak or giving the Allies too much of an advantage. What does adding Canada as a country offer to game? It serves the same function as UK (and you don’t really want two powers doing the same thing). Of course you could add an element by forcing UK to act mainly on South East Asia.

• @TG:

yet Spain had the youngest general since Napoleoin, Franco, who was very competent.

In this game you act as the general

Canada could be an option, but I either see them as too weak or giving the Allies too much of an advantage. What does adding Canada as a country offer to game? It serves the same function as UK (and you don’t really want two powers doing the same thing). Of course you could add an element by forcing UK to act mainly on South East Asia.

Canada would convoy troops to Britain. If Canadian transports are destroyed, a rule could be added that the Allies all lose IPCs.

• That would make the game a lot more difficult to understand (many players who haven’t played A&A: E or P don’t know what convoys are). But like I said, troops to UK would almost be the same function as USA. However, Australia might be a fun Royal Power to add to the game. :)

• An IC in AUS for the Allies would be interesting!

• Yeah, add a whole new dimension to the war in the Pacific. That’s the one thing I dislike about A&A, there’s not much influence on the South Pacific but the Asia mainland. Yet, judging from history, the South Pacific played a much larger factor in the outcome of the war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m