What the heck is this "moral conflict 1941" ?

• '10

@Gargantua:

Were your morals conflicted?

I am in a MORAL dilema as to whether that game would work with plastic sculpts. I have heard that it takes days to play not hours. Only us old retired retreads have the time to play it. Anyway it may take a long time before one could find it at a decent price.

• How much did you pay for it?

I remember about $150. The thing is really heavy, like 1,500 rocks,tiles, etc

The game has alot of focus on economics, national moral, and different ways of winning the war ( by air, land, or sea)

You can develop Atomic weaponry and lots of new weapons…all represented by various rings, disks, etc.  Very different game…like i said unorthodox.

• Maybe the game was intended to be called “Mortal Conflict” and the title printed on the game box and on the guy’s T-shirt are just a monumental typo that the game producers failed to notice.

At any rate, the little Eurogame-style wooden blocks aren’t to my liking.

• I could see the diplomacy phase turning into a nightmarish screaming fest

Also i have read several reviews and it seems the rules are very poorly written (clearly english is not the authors first language and translation was poor at best), leaving many parts of the game unclear and open to argument (scream fest, things get chucked around room)

But all in all i would be willing to give it a shot if it didn’t cost my nearly 200$

• '10

It sounds like a game that should be in the 40 dollar range based on what little I know about it. I can make little blocks of wood from scrap in my shop and paint them to make markers but who wants that in this day. It appears they may have some new ideas for an advanced game but if one cannot interprete the rules what is the point? So all one would get for their money would be a game map, some ideas, and some charts. Then you would have to add plastic sculpts and make up house rules based on their ideas. Maybe not even worth 40 dollars.

• Customizer

The game is the type of game more suited for your pc. It also looks like it was made from scraps of IKEA building materials.

To me it seems this game is geared towards a european audience that was “churched-up” enough that it wouldn’t be to offensive to the more progressive minded gamer. Not my cup of tea but more power to them.

• If anybody wants to buy my copy….$125 and actual shipping. I even sorted out all the bits in the provided containers…1,500…that took 2.5 hours

• Customizer

I’m actually kind of surprised you bought it IL. Not throwing rocks cause I’ll buy games just for parts. If I knew how to make my own maps I’d probably buy less junk. Anyway been checking the threads for your WWI game news glad to see it has no wood scraps for units.

• They could never make Moral 41 with plastic. It would take 1,500 pieces to get a playable game. It has alot of different types of units. The ceramic tiles represent various raw materials for war effort…i do mean alot.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

They could never make Moral 41 with plastic. It would take 1,500 pieces to get a playable game. It has alot of different types of units. The ceramic tiles represent various raw materials for war effort…i do mean alot.

The plastic, as you probably know, is pretty cheap once you get the molds and if you have a big wallet for a big run. That’s at least what I’ve heard. I want to like smaller run games but to be honest this game seemed boring and the parts look horrible printed emblems on them would’ve made it look more appealing.

They probably should’ve made a home-brew video game with this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m