Southern Italy - 3 infantry

Northern Italy - 4 infantry, 2 artillery, 2 tanks, 1 fighter plane

Greece - 2 infantry, 1 artillery

Crete - 1 infantry

Yugoslavia - 2 infantry

Tyrhennian Sea - 1 battleship, 1 destroyer, 1 transport

Adriatic Sea - 1 submarine

Sicilian sea - 1 submarine

–-------Germany becomes 13 IPCs instead of 6, Northern Italy becomes 6 IPCs instead of 4, and Sicily becomes 1 IPC. Germany now receives 35 IPCs per turn. It is up to Germany to divvy up the oil money. And now the Axis partners get 15 IPCs in the beginning of the game instead of 12 and they can divide those 15 IPCs amongst themselves.

Order of Play:
    1-Germany
    2-Soviet Union
    3-Italy
    4-Great Britain
    5-United States

What do you think?

• I decided to take away that Italian infantry in Libya since Libya needs to be a buffer zone between the Allied and Axis forces in North Africa.

• What I would do is just the normal stack with germany, and use italy to move men north and defend france and germany. I could also move men from italy to do an attack on russia also (trading regions and preserve the german army)
    This might be interesting though, I would think that oil would go to whoever captured it, anyway, if you want to test it playing by email, I wouln’t mind!

• My advice:

1. Leave that infantry in Libya.

2. Move the tank from Tunisia to Libya.

3. Add one more infantry to Libya.

4. Remove the artillery from Greece.

5. Add a infantry to Sicily.

6. Add one more destroyer in the Tyrhennian Sea.

• Panzer Grenadeir- I like this a lot. I’ll give it a try. We had this discussion
    on a different forum- are you stillusing the german peices?
    once again great job!

• i just realised that Morrocco and Algeria Would be run by the Vichy French regime. If you tink aboout it the game is historicallyinaccurate by placing German Garrissons there! I’m going to play it as outlined by PG anyway!

• I used Japanese peices from A&A: P since they have actual artillery. But you can use the Jap peices from normal A&A and use the old AA guns. And I also used some of WARAXIS’s advice. So a thanks to him.

• My friends and I usually play with two people as Germany since both can think at once and decide what to do instead of person thinking about everything. But with Italy added, that creates less worries for Germany. The main objective of Italy would be to hold North Africa, the Mediterranean Sea and Southern Europe against the Allies while Germany thinks about the inevitable Allied invasions in Western Europe and of attacking the USSR. And with only 5 dollars taken away from Germany, its not that big of a loss. Since Germany losses 5, but gains 15 through Italy. And Italy could help also with attacking the USSR if they either go straight into the USSR from the front or go through the Middle East and into the backdoor. So, honestly, I think it would be very interesting to play with Italy and alittle more difficult for Allies.

• I have set ity up as you outlined above, and added 1 inf to sicily and only 1 Italian sub in sicialian sea. I am using jap peioces from AAP- this is a play test for right now so there is no opponent but so far so good!

• I think that there should be an “italian patriotic movement” to supplement their meager economy

• hmm, you said germany would worry about the invasion, I think it would be more efficiant to ignore africa, and have germany take russia while italy defends germany.

• Whatever you feel the best purpose of Italy is, its your choice.

• ITALY

20 IPCs

Morroco - 1 infantry

Algeria - 1 infantry

Tunisia - 1 infantry, 1 artillery

Libya - 2 infantry, 1 tank

Sicily - 2 infantry

Greece - 2 infantry

Crete - 1 infantry

Yugoslavia - 2 infantry

Tyrhennian Sea - 1 battleship, 2 destroyers, 1 transport

–-------Germany becomes 18 IPCs instead of 6, Northern Italy becomes 8 IPCs instead of 4,

Southern Italy is worth 4 IPCs instead of 2, Greece becomes 3 instead of 2, and Sicily becomes 1 IPC instead of 0. Germany still receives 40 IPCs per turn. It is up to Germany to divvy up the oil money. And now the Axis partners get 15 IPCs in the beginning of the game instead of 12 and they can divide those 15 IPCs amongst themselves.

Order of Play:
    1-Germany
    2-Soviet Union
    3-Italy
    4-Great Britain
    5-United States

thats my new way of setting it up. its alittle different. Now the Germans get the same amount and Italy gets alittle more but is still the weakest nation. Now Italy is somewhat of a formidable opponent to the Allies with their decent amount of land units, their good navy and their okay IPC income.

• I rana play test with Italy set up in the 15 IPC mode and it went very nicely- Also. I took someone’s advice and added an italian Patriotic rule.
    I’ll be trying it out i with my group and will keep ypu posted.

I’m wondering about adding a British Ic to Egypt to counter balance Italy
    OR- giving Britain the capability of placing Infantry into Egypt during the place units phase. What do you think?

• I was playing with my friends, and I was Italy. And we, being me and my other friend who was Germany, crushed the Allies. Italy, altough doesn’t have many IPCs, easily gains them. The Italians can hold on long enough against the Allies in North Africa and the Middle East to let Germany take Russia on. And Italy also helps to beat Russia too. So I decided that Italy was too strong since it should actually be somewhat weak. The whole point of Italy is to just make it alittle more difficult for the Allies in the South and make the game more interesting with the Allies having two objectives by capturing both Axis capitals instead of just Germany. So I changed some of the rules and unit placements for Italy:

ITALY

15 IPCs

Morroco - 1 infantry

Algeria - 1 infantry

Tunisia - 2 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 tank

Sicily - 1 infantry

Greece - 2 infantry

Crete - 1 infantry

Yugoslavia - 2 infantry

Tyrhennian Sea - 2 destroyers, 1 transport

Germany now gets 35 IPCs. Germany becomes 13 IPCs instead of 6, and Northern Italy becomes 8 IPCs instead of 4.

Order of Play:
    1-Germany
    2-Soviet Union
    3-Italy
    4-Great Britain
    5-United States

I took the the tank and infantry from Libya and placed them back to Tunisia. The units being in Libya would be too close to the UK units in Egypt. And I took the battleship away and replaced it with a destroyer because that makes the Italian navy too damn good. And I decreased Italy’s IPCs to 15 since 20 was too much for Italy since it should be quite weak. I mean, it might seem 20 isnt much, but when you play, 20 can be alot. and I made Germany 35 IPCs since they mainly now only have to deal with the USSR so they shouldnt really have their full IPCs since Russia wouldnt be able to take on Germany. The End.

• It worked out well in the play test- What do you think about adding a British IC or placing infantry in Egypt? I cite history, A lot (if not the majority) of British units that fought in the Western Desert were Dominion or Commonwealth troops from Australia, New Zealand (the ANZACS), India, Ireland And South Africa.

Questions comments?

• Nah. Egypt’s cool dude. If the Allies want, they could always just put units in Egypt with those 12 IPCs that they get in the beginning.

• someone mentioned having to capture both axis capitals.
    it wouldn’t make it much different because the capture of germany will pretty much end the game anyways, and if only italy is captured, the germans will retake it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m